Author Topic: My Psychic Reading Addiction Story  (Read 2033 times)

Offline hawkgirl79

My Psychic Reading Addiction Story
« on: October 12, 2012, 03:03:34 AM »
Hello, everyone. This is my psychic addiction story. I am SO happy to have a place to talk and vent about this, and I hope what I have to say can be helpful or resonate with some of you.

I was always interested in/believed in psychics and would periodically call them. Mostly, I did it about once or twice a year. Just before my divorce started, I started calling one psychic about once a month, Jolina (CP).

About two months after my divorce was final, I met "Jake." It was an amazing amount of passion between the two of us. He was younger than me and single. He freaked out on the second date and we broke up.

I wouldn't hear from Jake for four more months. During this time, I called a LOT of psychics. The circumstances of the situation were so unusual, and I needed perspective from people who would understand. I was in love with Jake. I was trying to sort out what had happened, what was happening, and what was going to happen. It was a period of intense spiritual confusion. I became addicted to psychics. I spent thousands of dollars, mostly with CP. (it feels so good to admit this, by the way)

At the end of June, Jake texted. He was moving to Arizona.

About a month later, I texted him just like he asked and we had an awkward conversation where he didn't seem very warm. Then almost two weeks later, (this was about a week ago) he texted and said he was thinking of me, and then called me on the phone. From 2000 miles away. The phone disconnected and I tried calling back, but he didn't pick up. In the morning, I pressed him for answers. He said it was no big deal and he was just drunk. "I still crave you every now and again" he said, "I wish we could have one last experience." "Me too!" I said, "Seriously." Then I offered to come see him, and he said no, making some excuse about work.
I made two calls to psychics, then nothing more. Considering what went down, I feel rather proud of myself over that. I think (hope) the whole psychic thing is going to be a chapter in my past. Here are some of my observations about psychic readings:

Psychics are real. They really can read your energy, but the problem is they can pick up anything. They could read your thoughts or parrot your fears back to you. Sometimes what comes out as a prediction is nothing more than empathic tuning.

Some of them will get it right and some of them won't, but you won't know which ones are right until after it is played out.

Their predictions and advice can influence your decisions and behavior in a way that isn't wise/healthy. This isn't as true with some readers whom I trust, but every time you get a reading with someone new, you take a psychological risk and that person now has the power to really mess with you. Getting a psychic reading essentially means surrendering your personal power, if only for those few minutes you are on the phone.

After this experience, I've come to the conclusion that Spirit does often want to relay a message, but more often than not, it isn't through a psychic and it's certainly not several times a week. I do have one very special relationship psychic I talk to who I feel was God appointed to guide me on this journey. If I could do it over, I would call her and only her and no one else. I did need her, so I do think psychic readings have their place. But she is a special reader who does not work through greed or ego, and that's very important if you want to get to the truth. So often, I felt the psychics were more egoic about their abilities and that got in the way.  And above all else, I would have trusted myself more. It was lack of faith in self that got me into this mess in the first place.

Nice to meet you all!
Hawkgirl.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 01:29:01 PM by hawkgirl79 »

Offline Luckystar

• Veterans
Re: My Psychic Reading Addiction Story
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 03:18:00 AM »
Hawkgirl,
thank you so much for sharing your story, and welcome to the forum. Would you mind telling us which readers you read with and if you have any favorites from CP or other sites? Thanks :)

Offline hawkgirl79

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 03:37:26 AM »
Due to my personal beliefs about how Spirit works, I don't feel comfortable recommending psychics publicly. I think it's more important to feel prompted in the right direction. But here are a few pointers:

If the psychic seems excited or proud of their prediction/accurate information, beware of them because they are likely to give over to ego

Be wary of anyone who attempts to keep you on the phone by raising their voice or "upping the ante" by beginning a really important sentence just before time ends.

You can better trust a psychic who is willing to say "I don't know."

You can better trust a psychic who acknowledges their limitations. Some are good at timelines. Some are empaths. Some are mediums. If they're willing to do it all, then they are for sale and they aren't honoring their gift.

Be wary of a psychic who disagrees with you. They are supposed to be reading your energy. They are not all knowing. You know your own situation better than they do. Period.

Stay away from psychics who cause you to doubt yourself or who point out your weaknesses and faults to you.

loops77

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 05:00:36 AM »
Very interesting story. Thanks for sharing that. I don't think your situation is over with, btw.

Offline hawkgirl79

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 05:08:01 PM »
Jordie, I know right? I've often wished I had the guts to just hang up when I knew there was no channeling going on. Thanks loops77 for your opinion. I don't think it's over either, which makes it hard to say which psychics got it right.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 05:31:26 PM by hawkgirl79 »

anything