Author Topic: readers Googling clients  (Read 7553 times)

Offline rainydaze

readers Googling clients
« on: May 28, 2012, 11:36:34 PM »
Oh wow, just wow. Am I the only one that didn't know readers Google (new) clients?? just googled my username on Keen and voila, all my feedback is right there from 3 years back. I just had a call recently where I was blown away by some totally random info she pulled up (including names, towns, even my dog's name), but now I'm seeing that that "random info" was right there in some of my prior feedbacks.   :-\  Maybe I'm behind, but I've only learned of this by reading previous threads on this forum. Wondering if this is common practice by most readers? Not sure what to think of this.

Offline rainydaze

Re: readers Googling clients
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 12:57:10 AM »
I personally find the feedbacks that just read "thanks" or "accurate" pretty annoying. But yep, rest assured that's the last time I'll put detail in a feedback. who knew.

stargazer

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 06:06:24 PM »
Oh wow, just wow. Am I the only one that didn't know readers Google (new) clients?? just googled my username on Keen and voila, all my feedback is right there from 3 years back. I just had a call recently where I was blown away by some totally random info she pulled up (including names, towns, even my dog's name), but now I'm seeing that that "random info" was right there in some of my prior feedbacks.   :-\  Maybe I'm behind, but I've only learned of this by reading previous threads on this forum. Wondering if this is common practice by most readers? Not sure what to think of this.
lol I find it funny (and stupid) when callers leave specific details on their feedback, some even names  :o

Offline peppie

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 06:10:08 PM »
lol I find it funny (and stupid) when callers leave specific details on their feedback, some even names  :o
[/quote]

Agree. I've seen some people leave the reading predictions in their comments.

stargazer

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 06:12:27 PM »
Agree. I've seen some people leave the reading predictions in their comments.
LOL yes!!!! Those are the worst. and since keen only let's you leave feedback within 2 weeks, it's hard to tell if the reader was accurate unless the caller calls again and leaves feedback on past readings.

Offline transplantnurse

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 07:24:27 PM »
This is bad!!but I agree why leave your whole conversation  under the chat review?slightly annoying too.i once called a reader and she picked up the phone and said "Hi.."insert my name "I was like how did U know it was me calling?i vowed to not call her again.Is this common?anyone had this happen?

Offline Shayalay

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 07:47:52 PM »
A reader told me they Google new people to check if they're bashers, so they can block ahead of time. I didn't ask, he volunteered this.

stargazer

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 07:48:34 PM »
I've read on this forum that when they get a call (or chat) there's a feature on keen that allows them to make notes on the caller.

Offline Baypark1

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 07:49:07 PM »
This is bad!!but I agree why leave your whole conversation  under the chat review?slightly annoying too.i once called a reader and she picked up the phone and said "Hi.."insert my name "I was like how did U know it was me calling?i vowed to not call her again.Is this common?anyone had this happen?

Was she someone you had already spoken to?

Offline transplantnurse

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 07:09:49 AM »
Yes it was someone I have spoken too..every so so not religiously ...I barely said "Hi"& she said hi ."insert my name"

Offline honeybee28

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2020, 01:21:23 AM »
So I just tried this, googling my Keen username and keen.com and none of my reviews showed up, just a handful of advisors' pages and I only remember reading with 2 out the 5 that came up, but my reviews weren't there if I had even left any. It was over a year and a half though that I read with these advisors, so maybe that could be the reason I couldn't see my reviews there? I read on this forum that chat transcripts over a year and a half old get deleted/removed from your available chat transcripts and you can no longer access them. So the whole 'not seeing reviews' thing could have a similar policy as far as Keen is concerned.

Good to know though going forward! Thanks for sharing that and how to search for this.

Offline jas

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2020, 03:21:28 PM »
Several years back this was somewhat common practice by readers but that seems to have stopped. 

Offline Joy

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2020, 07:48:43 PM »
Angelic Dream and Mountain Sage (or something like that) did this to me. Never called again. I am really not sure it was them googling, because I hadn't left reviews. My second call to AD was months apart from the first one, like almost 1/2 year apart and she said my name before I got to say Hi. I said I believed she was psychic, but not that psychic, and I asked her if my name pops out when I call. She said it didn't but that she wrote my name down the first time and told me the month when I called the first time. That did not make me feel very comfortable. There was something in this whole thing that didn't add up and it did bother me. Also, I think that she is usually not without calls. I don't know what this was, but it made me doubt and I didn't call again. It is possible that the user name appears in their log and maybe she took down my name and tied it to my user name so she wouldn't have to ask about the name again. Whatever the case, though, it irked me.

Offline SarahM

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2020, 09:43:56 PM »

That happened to me the other day, and I the reader acted like she was all psychic for it... when I knew we had spoken before and she just took notes.

Offline _sydney_vicious_

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2020, 11:11:06 PM »
It is possible that the user name appears in their log and maybe she took down my name and tied it to my user name so she wouldn't have to ask about the name again.

Actually this is exactly what happens. I remember that one time I did the chat option for a reader I speak to often. It took probably 45 seconds for us to connect but before I could even say hi she told me a specific prediction and then went onto say something along the lines of "I saw your name pop up and my guides wanted me to tell you that first before we start chatting" (my reason for calling her was to discuss something completely different).

Now, my username on Keen isn't anything special. It's the generic "User_(insert random numbers here)_". My theory is that Keen allows readers to edit our user names on their end which is why my reader knew it was me.