Author Topic: Rate changes on Keen - holy cow  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Jasmine4849

Rate changes on Keen - holy cow
« on: September 28, 2021, 04:43:41 AM »
I'm not a big Keen user, but I've just gone through a period where my guy lashed out at me that we were done, wouldn't respond to my pleas the next day, I was devastated and I ran to a total of 4 empaths (I only use no tools empaths) both on CP and on Keen.  They were all great, all connected well and each one of them insisted they saw a strong connection and him making contact, and not to contact him first though no matter what.  So for two months I was going crazy, if I smoked I'd be a chain smoker, but he did contact me on his own, it was apparent it had taken him courage, and he apologized and we talked and everything else, and hopefully we're on a good track.

I say all this to say that one of the advisors I talked to on Keen a couple of times was "Brad knows what he is thinking" who was accurate, detailed and a very sweet guy, and the rate at which I talked to him at was $16.99. We last spoke, at this rate, on September 23.  I went to read the transcripts today, and I see his rate is now $29.99.  I had to blink a few times to make sure I'm looking at the right advisor.  That's one heck of a pay hike!  Lol.  Not sure if it's common for Keen!  On CP you see them go up a buck or two every now and then? I guess I'm happy I got him before the pay hike, he is way out of my range now, I should print out my transcripts and frame them in gold. 

I must add though that the real relationship saver in this situation has been Reed at CP, an empath I haven't ever seen mentioned on these boards, who was also highly accurate and helpful, and his rate is $6.50.  So go figure.  It's always trial and error, I guess.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 04:50:22 AM by Jasmine4849 »

Offline starGazer

Re: Rate changes on Keen - holy cow
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 12:22:12 PM »
I do see advisors on Keen jump up and back down often. I don’t know if there’s a specific strategy (hiking up right before Mercury retrograde, weekends, etc) to get more money out of people but I see it as a red flag and just block them. I don’t usually seek new advisors but I don’t like this business practice.

Offline skyline

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 08:18:36 PM »
Many of the long timers who use the keen promoted listings have raised their rates a long time ago.

Luckily, I tried them when they were $3-5 and know they were wrong and not worth what they are charging now.

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 06:33:44 AM »
I don't trust any advisor that charges that much. to me that's just a con and they are taking advantage of people.  It's true that keen has upped their rates for advisors, one advisor told me keen takes 60-65% and they get the rest. Keen knows people will pay.  There are advisors i've noticed that go from one extreme to another. I remember this one, she'd change her advisor name every other day and picture. I didn't know that when i tried her. so I go to top up and she disconnects the call and doubles her per min rate.  I guess people complained because she doesn't change her name anymore.  I have learned that priced doesn't determine if a reader is good or not. I've had some of my best readings by under $3 per min. and i still feel that is over priced.

Offline Jeni

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 09:55:15 AM »
I don't trust any advisor that charges that much. to me that's just a con and they are taking advantage of people.  It's true that keen has upped their rates for advisors, one advisor told me keen takes 60-65% and they get the rest. Keen knows people will pay.  There are advisors i've noticed that go from one extreme to another. I remember this one, she'd change her advisor name every other day and picture. I didn't know that when i tried her. so I go to top up and she disconnects the call and doubles her per min rate.  I guess people complained because she doesn't change her name anymore.  I have learned that priced doesn't determine if a reader is good or not. I've had some of my best readings by under $3 per min. and i still feel that is over priced.
I have to agree with that statement regarding price doesn't matter. When I first started getting readings I went with the most expensive thinking prices are based on their abilities......Eish....Learned really fast that thats not the case. My best reading were all around the $3 mark

Offline Jasmine4849

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2021, 05:32:31 AM »

I have to agree with that statement regarding price doesn't matter. When I first started getting readings I went with the most expensive thinking prices are based on their abilities......Eish....Learned really fast that thats not the case. My best reading were all around the $3 mark
It sounds like yes, this is the case.  Thank you, ladies, for your input.

Offline _sydney_vicious_

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2021, 09:12:21 PM »
When I first joined Keen I thought the most expensive readers were the best ones. They never gave a lot of details so boy  was that a waste of money.

For me personally I’ve found readers who range $5-$7 are way better, and they give you more details.

There’s one reader I read with more than others who recently raised her price by 50%. She basically told me that it was because of Keen now taking more of what they earned than before. So be prepared to see more increases in the upcoming weeks/months.