Author Topic: Looking for Validations  (Read 30879 times)

Offline stonyeye

Re: Looking for Validations
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 06:59:42 AM »
Many thanks Newly Psychic Addicted and Scorpiogirl. I really had no plans to even check back but was just curious and pleasantly surprised by your sweet posts.
From where did you move NPA (if you want to say)? I've also moved countries several times and know that it is not easy. I hope you are feeling at home!
I must say, that for a website about metaphsyical and love and light and all of the above, I've been quite surprised by the anger here. It does seem counterproductive to have a board where people are encouraged to recommend psychics and then people are slammed or considered "suspect" when they offer their choices. We all have free will and hopefully the smarts to do a little research (Google the name of the psychic) for instance to see if they have their own website or reviews from other sites)  before just diving in on one recommendation and then getting angry at the person who recommended when you don't like the reader. That is why I am no longer interested in participating here on this particular "keen" page. I also don't like the bandwagon slamming that's going on right now regarding the reader I suggested. Fine. She didn't work for you. Point made. Live your life. Move on.
 I'm getting all "pshych 101" here but I wonder if the drama, fear, worry and anxiety of having hopes and dreams validated by other people and the constant search for "good psychics" who work for them is somewhat trying, stressful and a negative cycle? I'd never count on a psychic to rule my life. They can act as a guidance or comfort if you like them but to spend so much time obsessing over every detail seems sort of sad.
I learned that the hard way in the last year as many dollars flew out the window but as i said, it did help me through a tough time. Regardless of whether other's approve of my "naive" choices or not.
 I am now taking the route of believing in myself now and the power of positivity and living life without fear of predictions and time frames. It's pretty liberating.
Thanks again for your very kind replies though. I do thank you. If you'd like to chat about non-negative subjects, I'm most happy to do so. However, i'll move along to another section of this board where there are hopefully some happier, more gentle people. I'm quite frankly shocked by the level of hostility and suspicion I've noticed here so far. It's too bad. I thought it would be fun.
Take care. xo

blessed

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 07:12:07 AM »
Dear stonyeye: I guess we have quite a few things in common other than being new on this forum.. I have also moved countries /continents several times and that is how I look at it.If I am capable of doing all that than I can get through anything in life..with or without a psychic they don't run my life.
But sorry if some on this board has hurt your feelings...You are always welcome to say and write what ever and  however you feel.
best regards....blessed

Offline stonyeye

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 12:42:33 PM »
Hi Blessed, Continents? yep, me too! If we can do that? C'mon , we can take on anything!! :) No feelings hurt. I don't know anyone here from Adam so my feelings can't be hurt by people I don't even know! I just was loooking forward to fun with like minded people. Kind of a downer of a beginning though. Wa waaa! lol! Anyway, I prefer interacting with positive people like you and some others here who have been very kind. Thank you so much for your note. xox

Offline Miracle

• Veterans
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 02:55:34 PM »
While I do believe this is an open forum and everyone should be able to voice their opinion, out of personal experience I would say, we as members of this forum, have a huge responsibility and need to be very careful about anyone we recommend on this site.  The reason I say so is because I am sure a lot of people read our posts and as soon as we recommend someone, I am positive others would be enticed to try the new reader.  I made a few mistakes as well and recommended a few readers much sooner than I should have.  I should have waited for a few more predictions to manifest before recommending anyone but going forward, I will exercise more caution in doing so.  All I am saying it is wonderful to recommend readers, after all that’s one of the primary purpose of this forum; however, in doing so we must remember the tremendous responsibility we shoulder.  The last thing I am sure anyone of us wants to do is unintentionally mislead another person, all the more reason we must be cognizant of all our recommendations.

Disclaimer: Please note this is not a personal attack on anyone but more so a reflection of my own personal experience.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 02:57:34 PM by Gratitude »

Offline newlyPsychicAddicted

• Veterans
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 03:15:01 PM »
hey stonyeye

Its gud that you are not feeling hurted anymore... although i know it must be feeling bad but believe me being new and recommending someone new is risky  ;D.

I am from asia and as i mentioned before i dont even remember that i am from a totally different continent. I love America and I love the people here.... its just that i experienced some of my most bitter life experiences here so m terribly missing my home country :(

But anyways, regarding the slamming, i didnt found any post slamming anyone  ???
We are here for honest feedbacks and like you said that we should be telling our experiences about psychics whom we like and whom we dont  ;D. So please dont take it as slamming  :)

@Grat
ECHO

Offline 12l2

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 03:16:24 PM »
While I do believe this is an open forum and everyone should be able to voice their opinion, out of personal experience I would say, we as members of this forum, have a huge responsibility and need to be very careful about anyone we recommend on this site.  The reason I say so is because I am sure a lot of people read our posts and as soon as we recommend someone, I am positive others would be enticed to try the new reader.  I made a few mistakes as well and recommended a few readers much sooner than I should have.  I should have waited for a few more predictions to manifest before recommending anyone but going forward, I will exercise more caution in doing so.  All I am saying it is wonderful to recommend readers, after all that’s one of the primary purpose of this forum; however, in doing so we must remember the tremendous responsibility we shoulder.  The last thing I am sure anyone of us wants to do is unintentionally mislead another person, all the more reason we must be cognizant of all our recommendations.

Disclaimer: Please note this is not a personal attack on anyone but more so a reflection of my own personal experience.

great point gratitude! i know i have called a couple of people based on recommendations. of course, i would never blame anyone else as it is my choice to call. but many are struggling with psychic addiction and calling readers beyond their means. so, i agree with you 100%.

Offline Serendipity

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 03:58:42 PM »
From now on, when recommending readers, it might be a better idea to not disclose their website/information and just ask others to PM us if interested. I think its fine to post which prediction came true and some details, but I do believe that we also have a responsibility to protect readers we are recommending.

Offline lotusflower

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 11:40:57 PM »
I must say, that for a website about metaphsyical and love and light and all of the above, I've been quite surprised by the anger here. It does seem counterproductive to have a board where people are encouraged to recommend psychics and then people are slammed or considered "suspect" when they offer their choices.   

Stonyeye,
This is just my opinion on things but I think it’s more skepticism than anger.  I wouldn’t take it personally.  We are all here to help others out by making recommendation of readers that have been accurate with information or predictions that have passed. Of course no one is 100 percent accurate and some readers may work for some but may not work for others. I think we also want to warn others of readers that have been completely wrong and nowhere near accurate.  I also want to support others on here because we all have been there with heartbreak and wasting money on readers that is not very good or are just fake.

I do believe that we all should do a little research on the readers like reviews (good and bad) and make our decision from there.  However I also understand the skepticism of good reviews on readers that no one has heard of from someone that is new on this forum, other forums, and even on ripoff reports.  Please understand that readers do go on different sites and self promote or promote their friends posing as a regular person.  This makes it very difficult to be able to make a decision on who is real and gifted or not.  Some have been burned bad by so called real psychics because of good reviews.

I would like a reader to come on here and be honest about who they are and give reviews on good and bad experiences with psychics that they have used.  The thing is some are unethical and won’t ever do this.

Anyway, I would like to know more about who you have used that have worked as well as the ones that you felt that didn’t.   I feel that both will help others to make that decision. 

Offline stonyeye

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2012, 06:41:53 AM »
 "Gratitude- I made a few mistakes as well and recommended a few readers much sooner than I should have.  I should have waited for a few more predictions to manifest before recommending anyone but going forward, I will exercise more caution in doing so."

Thanks Gratitude, the connundrum here is that I do not feel that I made any mistakes in the people I recommened. I wouldn't have listed them otherwise. I have spent a TON on Keen and called every reader mentioned here. The readers I mentioned either helped, worked for me or brought comfort. If any of you can see my previous posts. I "think" I made it pretty clear that my favorites's predictions had not yet manifested and were still in the works. I also explained when i simply simply liked their advice, empowerment received and stand by what i say about those who gave me unusually insightful details. Only ONE prediction manifested exactly as said. It wasn't the main prediction but it was a biggie. Also, the details she gave me were uncanny. - these were by LD.

Psyhic... Addicted
I am from asia and as i mentioned before i dont even remember that i am from a totally different continent. I love America and I love the people here.... its just that i experienced some of my most bitter life experiences here so m terribly missing my home country. But anyways, regarding the slamming, i didnt found any post slamming anyone .

Ohh... it i soo hard to move to another continent. I understand!!! I'm glad you like the US and completely understand the fact that you are missing home. The thing I learned is that (for me) home is alwasy still there and i was able to come back and rebuild a life in the States when i felt it was time to return. I don't know if that is an option for you, but I truly understand being homesick. As far as slamming and hurt feelings...my feelings were not hurt...more surprised by the suspicion. Some people did indeed slam in my opinion as they told me my readers were not good and questioned my ability to choose good ones. Also, i don't like that one of my favorites has been ridiculed. Justified or not by your experiences, I lke her so feel a sense of responsibility that I mentioned her name now. Not for anyone else other than her. It's other's choice to call but I feel badly that they have expressed so much anger toward her when she helped me enormously.

12I2
great point gratitude! i know i have called a couple of people based on recommendations. of course, i would never blame anyone else as it is my choice to call. but many are struggling with psychic addiction and calling readers beyond their means. so, i agree with you 100%.

Yes, struggling with psychic addiction. i did this too and am finding this page a little sad in that I didn't realize quite how hard people are hoping for validation. I used it more as guidance that i could take or leave if i wished. Seeing it from that point of view now, I will not recommened psychics as I don't want to encourage false hopes or psychic addiction. I've been on that train and now i don't believe that anyone can be 100% accurate every time and to hold on so tightly to these predictions, I feel is giving away our own power of insight and choice.

Lotusflower
Anyway, I would like to know more about who you have used that have worked as well as the ones that you felt that didn’t.   I feel that both will help others to make that decision.

Thanks Lotus Flower, i will not recommened anyone anymore for the reasons stated above.

Meili
From now on, when recommending readers, it might be a better idea to not disclose their website/information and just ask others to PM us if interested. I think its fine to post which prediction came true and some details, but I do believe that we also have a responsibility to protect readers we are recommending.

I like that you have taken reader's feelings and reputations into account here. I see now that on this page, it is indeed a responsibility to recommend psychics and if they are widely critized as not working for others when they worked for ME is probably unfair.

Ok, thanks for your comments all and best of luck in finding the psychic that works best for YOU. xoxox

Offline sunandmoon

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2012, 12:21:42 PM »
I found it very empowering to read reviews on here, and especially to read where some readers have given identical readings to quite a few of us. We each felt that they read us well but then to find that many were given the same words? (kind of like that video posted here awhile back). I had already had one reader do that to me (give me an identical reading 2-3 months apart) but it was disheartening to find some were doing it to many of us - which tells me that particular reader either doesn't have psychic abilities or (if I really want to be PC) they are just not connecting well.

If it wasn't for this site, it's likely that I would still be spending money on psychics as I had already gotten in the habit of doing so. I had probably spent over 10K (still afraid to add it up) and gotten myself in severe financial trouble. I already couldn't afford to live and I was spending money I didn't have. I'm not the only one in that boat either. It will take me many years to recover financially.

I was becoming too dependent on what they said or told me to do (I had called for job stuff and financial matters too, but not as often as r/s), even though many told me that I should follow my own gut and that I knew best - which I really knew! Every time I did so the situation turned out as I expected. There is a 99% probability that my ex has a PD so no one can really predict him and apparently no one can even tell me WHY he did what he did which is really what I wanted - closure.

There were some, including my favorite, that insisted I'd meet someone new. My favorite actually gave me more details on him which I'd have to look up again. And truth be told, I did meet someone new. BUT 99% of them ALSO said my ex would be back in varying times from summer 2010 to now. And THAT hasn't happened and that is why I spent so much $$ - not to find out about someone new but about when my ex would be back. And even when I started to think about this new guy when I was still calling, I'd ask about both guys and they'd always pick my ex as "the" guy for me. And nothing could be further from the truth, now that I have been able to see how it feels to have someone actually WANT to be with me and NOT freak out if I am at work without him, or working out with friends or whatever (my ex was really insecure about that, he actually lost one of his jobs because he was more focused on what I was doing and was always at MY job).

So I am grateful for this board that so many on here have given their honest thoughts and opinions and helped me be able to live MY life again, not the life someone is telling me to live. If readers can have boards bashing customers, and have the ability to delete honest feedback because they don't like it, then we can surely say what we feel on this board.

My .02
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:26:26 PM by sunandmoon »

Offline stonyeye

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2012, 05:20:17 PM »
"So I am grateful for this board that so many on here have given their honest thoughts and opinions and helped me be able to live MY live again, not the life someone is telling me to live. If readers can have boards bashing customers, and have the ability to delete honest feedback because they don't like it, then we can surely say what we feel on this board." -SunandMoom

Yes! This is what i was hoping for....a board where people could politely discuss their reader experiences and not claim someone as "suspect",  "working for keen", or .....told "your choices are bad...I was naiive once too....You should check instead with these three top readers. You mention readwers we have never heard of. This is why we suspect you. Please don't take offense".........  type of comments. Wow.

This goes back to the question. Do you want recommendations? For what reasons? A reader to act as a sounding board? Make an exact prediction?...because I honestly don't believe there is such a thing anymore...sorry. Advice? If so, then read someone's suggestion, ask some questions before calling (that's why we are here), take suggestions for what they are worth. If you don't like a reader suggested, it's fine to say so but to accuse the person making a recommendation as being some type of secret Keen spy is rather insulting. Especially on a board that INVITES recommendations. I WILL not follow the pack and join the fan club of the acceptable readers here. They don't work for me and some made me feel pretty awful on top of it. So, I listed my own. If you want to share your own experiences about the reader suggested or ask questions in a non-accussatory (you are infiltrating our board with scams) way, then  by all means, I'd be happy to communicate.

My point? We all have favorite readers for different reasons. I don't hold fast and true to the WHEN???? game and HOW exactly did every communication pan out and was it exactly told by according the reader? I finally hit my I'VE HAD IT MOMENT!!!! When one well known reader here told me i would NOT marry a person. Two minutes later, I found my self frantically dialing to ask another well known reader here on these boards to ask if I would get married to this person and she said YES! I finally thought "well great. Do I call a third and the top out of three wins???"  Finally, I called and emapth and she said, "honey, you are giving your power away." and I thought "damn straight sister. I'm through here!" :) This is why psychic adiction can be crazy making and why i place less focus on outcomes these days as i do empowerment and an intelligent/artciculate sounding board. Yes, I could go to therapy but my own therapist is not available at 3 am.

Hey, what do you kow. I got sucked in. I knew I would. Once you've handed your life over to keen or any other psychic hotline for a year or two at a time, You do feel a strang -  share my commiseration and stupidity at spending thousands of dollars on 100 diffferent scenario answers. Uggg. The thinsg I cold have bought with that money. welll, as i said, it did save my sanity at one point when i was very distressed.

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2012, 06:21:39 PM »
We are discussing the same things over and over. I actually haven't read a recommendation here in awhile. As I've said 5 million times, we don't all connect with the same readers. We are at a point where we're beating a dead horse. I will recommend readers her if, and only if, they make an accurate prediction or they tell me something that I can confirm. I'll also continue to share the names of those readers who are wrong. There are no rules here, but I really don't understand why we've been having this conversation for a week.

No one else likes SSV. This person does. Let's move on. Ugh. This board just isn't what it used to be. I've shared so much here and now I just want to take it all back because of all this crap. I'm not taking one side or another, but this place obviously isn't breeding trust anymore.

vtech

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2012, 06:28:53 PM »
I agree, enough said. Also my thread was about Validations....whats all this crap

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2012, 06:40:01 PM »
I just wanted to say, being new here,  I agree w/what Synergy said. A psychic isn't a be all, end all entity. I liken it to me having a hairdresser who always does an awesome job with my hair,  and I send a couple of friends and they hate the job she did. Obviously, because we're all calling advisors for issues near to our hearts, so my analogy isn't exact, but you get the idea. Every hairdresser, doctor, personal trainer and yes, even psychic isn't going to work for everyone.

I haven't shared this yet, but I'm highly empathic. I suck usually at reading myself,  but am bang on w/friends and family. Why? Better connection. Some people gel and some don't.

But there's not much love and light going on when there's accusations thrown around and people being told their choices aren't good ones,  etc. It's best just to say some work for you,  but not others and be done with it.

Stoneye, I'm glad SSV was dead on w/you :)

Offline wishfulthinker

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2012, 09:01:22 PM »
I'm 100% with you Synergy.  This board has become a very dreary place this past week.  I read with SSV on here last week.  She raised her prices while I was in her queue.  I went ahead and read with her.  Nothing earth shattering, but not bad either.  She was on chat and very slow.  But she isn't the only one that is slow on chat.  Actually, I hate when I am almost out of time and they say something extremely interesting at the last second.  This seems to happen to me all of the time!!
We all have different experiences with these readers (good and bad).  We are in this forum to support each other and give our recommendations to the best of our ability.  If someone doesn't agree with you and your choices - it's okay.  I would never take it personal if someone didn't like the same readers that I do.  The only reason I would take it personal is if I was a reader myself.  And trust me - I am not a reader.
I have discussed psychics on here and then changed my mind about them at a later time.  Usually, it's when I find out something they told me to be completely false.
Peace to all,
Wishful

anything