Author Topic: Psychics should sign a "should do no harm"  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Smiley1

Psychics should sign a "should do no harm"
« on: June 29, 2020, 02:08:21 AM »
I have found some psychics do more harm than good, they should be like Doctors and other Healers, Though Shall do No Harm.

In my experience I have had some readers mainly platform readers that spout off a load of rubbish and we get pulled in and does more harm than good.   

One reader told me my POI was seeing other people and that he was chasing something and didnt know what and not to believe him.

Turns out he was devoted to me and didnt have time to see me let alone other people and I reacted badly to it.  Luckily He forgave me and understood where I was coming from but can you image the harm that could have done to my self esteem etc. 

Offline Selene

Re: Psychics should sign a "should do no harm"
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 05:38:46 AM »
I agree that some readers definitely do more harm than good. I don't think they could sign an oath to do no harm though as there is no standard for psychics as they are classified as entertainment only. Doctors and psychologists have standards that they follow for their licensing. There are protocols that have been established through testing to be the most helpful and appropriate for those professions. Since psychic abilities are seen as fake by authorities and perhaps the public at large, there isn't much criteria to go off of. Psychics have to follow the rules of the platform they are working on, but beyond that, each psychic seems to have their own way about how they do their readings. They also seem to have vastly different levels of skill, and just like doctors (who at times get charged with malpractice), even the more successful ones have their off days.

I just try to not take predictions too seriously since no psychic is omniscient. Even if they are good, they are still human and are not flawless. They may just have that bad day when I come for my reading.

Offline Psyche1111

Re: Psychics should sign a "should do no harm"
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 06:02:19 AM »
I agree that some readers definitely do more harm than good. I don't think they could sign an oath to do no harm though as there is no standard for psychics as they are classified as entertainment only. Doctors and psychologists have standards that they follow for their licensing. There are protocols that have been established through testing to be the most helpful and appropriate for those professions. Since psychic abilities are seen as fake by authorities and perhaps the public at large, there isn't much criteria to go off of. Psychics have to follow the rules of the platform they are working on, but beyond that, each psychic seems to have their own way about how they do their readings. They also seem to have vastly different levels of skill, and just like doctors (who at times get charged with malpractice), even the more successful ones have their off days.

I just try to not take predictions too seriously since no psychic is omniscient. Even if they are good, they are still human and are not flawless. They may just have that bad day when I come for my reading.

"I just try to not take predictions too seriously since no psychic is omniscient." They really aren't all-knowing. So if I receive a good or bad reading I don't take it as 100% fact. I will say the negative readers are just as bad as the fairy tale ones. I've had negative readings but the psychic was able to deliver the information in a compassionate way. Some people are just nasty. It makes me wonder what their motive is. Also, if they are not well in tune with their gifts they could read something wrong. For example, I had a reader tell me once this person didn't actually like me or want to date me and things were going to end things at the end of that month. Well... she was right things "ended" at the end of the month but what ended was he wanted to move into a relationship. A friend of mine asked a reader where something was going with this new guy she was seeing. The reader said she got the tower card and heard an explosion so she told her this was a bad situation and would end. Well, 6 months later my friend and this guy got pregnant. They weren't expecting it. 5 years later they are happily married with 2 kids and a dog. Later on, another reader told her those symbols could just mean this man was going to blow up or shake up her life but that doesn't mean its bad. So honestly IDK what to believe with these people!
I honestly think sometimes we just aren't meant to know. It's all apart of our journey. I just continue to have faith there is a plan for me! 

anything