Author Topic: We have the answers within us (my thoughts today)  (Read 1697 times)

Offline russianred

We have the answers within us (my thoughts today)
« on: February 01, 2020, 07:04:45 PM »
I have been doing a lot of releasing and detaching over the last few days.  I feel light and that my happiness is not dependent on POI's actions.  I also feel hurt, upset, and embarrassed.  Hurt from expectations set by POI that have not been met, upset with him for being self-centered, and embarrassed I enabled his behavior for a long time and allowed him to make everything about himself.

I've spent thousands of dollars on readings in the last few months.  But now I feel that the answers were inside of me all along.  I was afraid to face the reality because I so desperately wanted to have things work out.  I desperately wanted to believe he was who I believed he was.  I wanted readers to help me maintain the illusion.  To excuse behavior that is not acceptable.

I'm not anti-readings entirely.  But if you are feeling compelled to binge or compulsively call, there is something in the relationship that is not right.  In the future, if I ever feel the need to compulsively call about someone, I will END that relationship because I HAVE my answer - i.e., I do not feel safe or secure.

If something constantly feels off in the relationship, it probably is.  Most psychics know that the reason why we call is to get reassurance that everything will be OK and we generally won't repeatedly call a "negative" reader, so they tell us that everything is OK.  I don't think most do this intentionally, they are just doing their jobs.

Relationships shouldn't constantly feel like a project.  Something where you have to constantly behave a certain way (how the readers suggest) in order to get the results you want.  Where we're left deciphering numbers that are contact predictions or whatever.

I'm processing a lot of hurt and disappointment alongside feelings of freedom and detachment but it is better (for me) than living in willful delusion and spending thousands of dollars on maintaining those illusions/delusions.

Offline HornetKick

Re: We have the answers within us (my thoughts today)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 09:04:09 PM »
I'm not anti-readings entirely.  But if you are feeling compelled to binge or compulsively call, there is something in the relationship that is not right.  In the future, if I ever feel the need to compulsively call about someone, I will END that relationship because I HAVE my answer - i.e., I do not feel safe or secure.

If something constantly feels off in the relationship, it probably is.  Most psychics know that the reason why we call is to get reassurance that everything will be OK and we generally won't repeatedly call a "negative" reader, so they tell us that everything is OK.  I don't think most do this intentionally, they are just doing their jobs.
I do believe readers lie intentionally. Contrary to popular beliefs, I don't believe it is a psychic's job to lie to their clients, nor is it necessary, spinning a happily ever after. This causes more tremendous heartache on top of the already existing turmoil of the relationship, that the client perhaps should have let go ages ago. Readers can learn to tell a client about negative things in a kinder way so that they don't feel the need to avoid not so good news.

Offline russianred

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 12:23:46 AM »

I do believe readers lie intentionally. Contrary to popular beliefs, I don't believe it is a psychic's job to lie to their clients, nor is it necessary, spinning a happily ever after. This causes more tremendous heartache on top of the already existing turmoil of the relationship, that the client perhaps should have let go ages ago. Readers can learn to tell a client about negative things in a kinder way so that they don't feel the need to avoid not so good news.

You're probably right.  I guess I'd just like to think that most of them aren't so cold-hearted, but that might just be more denial.

Actually, almost all of my predictions are still pending and could very well come true -- I just personally don't feel like being enmeshed in the situation anymore. I'm glad I've stopped before letting it potentially get to the point of the psychics "pushing the predictions out" which seems to be a common practice and perhaps tantamount to lying, you're right.

Offline russianred

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 08:02:20 AM »
Pink, everyone is different but I feel better not looking at chats or notes from readings right now.  I feel that I'd just be reminded of how very little I got from 90% of them for the insane amount of money I've spent, and I don't want to feel worse about it.  But if looking at your readings helps you not binge in some way, then I think that's good.

anything