Author Topic: Keen NEW User Agreement  (Read 8741 times)

Offline ArcherBullFish

Keen NEW User Agreement
« on: May 02, 2019, 05:54:20 PM »
HOLA for the people who love to record and save their readings check out letter B under the number 6.

Offline journalmuse

Re: Keen NEW User Agreement
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 06:16:15 PM »
HOLA for the people who love to record and save their readings check out letter B under the number 6.

Yeah good luck enforcing that one. Thanks for pointing it out though.

josh34

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 06:20:39 PM »
What does it say?

Offline hope36

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 06:25:25 PM »
What does it say?
You will not record or otherwise copy or store any live or pre-recorded voice call or Chat that you receive through the Site, including any Paid Mail. You will not record or otherwise store any voice call you conduct with a User. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Users may record and store their own pre-recorded voice calls (each, a "Recorded Listing" as described further on the Help page of the Site) to User in accordance with the User Services Rules Policy

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 06:34:27 PM »
IMO this is a reason why some threads are being deleted, because they contain verbatim transcripts of calls with people. I'm sure the site owners have been getting asked to take them down.

Offline ArcherBullFish

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 06:41:43 PM »
@Josh34 It says you will not record or store any information from the site. It also says that you will not share with a USER. I find this so weird considering they're obsollving themselves from even knowing what the readers are doing on there. They want it to be known that they offer a platform or technology etc.

Offline ArcherBullFish

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 06:54:09 PM »
I posted this because a friend of mine told me he made a comment recently to a reader well asked what liability does Keen have if one of their readers is currently in prison for child molestation/pedophilia. He inquired if Keen actually did background checks on their readers because this one had a previous conviction. Now apparently California Psychics and The Psychic Source posted a disclaimer regarding this reader; Kenn never did. Now this pops up. Seems fishy because one of the line iitems speks of not joing a class action law suit against them

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 07:02:57 PM »
I posted this because a friend of mine told me he made a comment recently to a reader well asked what liability does Keen have if one of their readers is currently in prison for child molestation/pedophilia. He inquired if Keen actually did background checks on their readers because this one had a previous conviction. Now apparently California Psychics and The Psychic Source posted a disclaimer regarding this reader; Kenn never did. Now this pops up. Seems fishy because one of the line iitems speks of not joing a class action law suit against them
Another thing they could never enforce. They'd be laughed out of court.

Offline ArcherBullFish

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 07:07:51 PM »
So you're saying if the users ACCEPT the new terms and someone files a CAS against them in the future for allowing a known felon to provide and have access to personal information Keen couldn't pull this up and say "AHA but you clicked I accept the terms"?

Offline happyk

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 07:16:52 PM »
They're here just to take our money and that too we have to do in their terms. We paid for the reading, that should be our property and we should have the right to it. But who am I to say anything 🤷🏻‍♀️

WinterElf

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2019, 07:26:32 PM »
Sounds extremely shady. i guess if someone used it as proof to show that the reading was not real and did not manifest, then it would be trouble for them. They are well aware as to how much people are addicted to these psychics. 

i deactivated my accounts with them.  i feel slightly better. they were like please call us when you want to activate it again!  :-\ :-\ :-X :-X :-X

Offline ArcherBullFish

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2019, 07:32:10 PM »
happyk I'm actually not too worried about them taking my money considering I'm the one giving it to them. The overall user agreement doesn't really bother me I only pointed out that section because of what's been mentioned here. I am however bothered by the fact that I might have shared my personal information and taken advice from someone who's a convicted felon. He's a documented pedophile yet he was on Keen for years prior to being caught and Keens just OK with that.

Offline ArcherBullFish

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2019, 07:34:25 PM »
Sounds extremely shady. i guess if someone used it as proof to show that the reading was not real and did not manifest, then it would be trouble for them. They are well aware as to how much people are addicted to these psychics. 

i deactivated my accounts with them.  i feel slightly better. they were like please call us when you want to activate it again!  :-\ :-\ :-X :-X :-X

Keen is a corporation. I've worked in Corporate america for a long time and background checks are always done. I think I'm going to log off the more I think about it the more aggravated I'm becoming.

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2019, 07:45:26 PM »
So you're saying if the users ACCEPT the new terms and someone files a CAS against them in the future for allowing a known felon to provide and have access to personal information Keen couldn't pull this up and say "AHA but you clicked I accept the terms"?

People can sue over anything. What I SAID is that they could never enforce it. A court would never rule in their favor on something like this, IMO. So it's basically not enforceable.

Offline happyk

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2019, 07:47:43 PM »
happyk I'm actually not too worried about them taking my money considering I'm the one giving it to them. The overall user agreement doesn't really bother me I only pointed out that section because of what's been mentioned here. I am however bothered by the fact that I might have shared my personal information and taken advice from someone who's a convicted felon. He's a documented pedophile yet he was on Keen for years prior to being caught and Keens just OK with that.

I totally get your concern, Archer but I'm also worried about the "intellectual property" I purchased. I hope Keen got rid of that pedophile though since you he was on Keen prior to bring caught? Or did he get out on parole and read for us with his ankle bracelet on? lol. IMO pedophiles are the worst type of criminal.

anything