Author Topic: Bashing a reading - no communication to the reader  (Read 3805 times)

Offline Clarita

Bashing a reading - no communication to the reader
« on: April 24, 2019, 09:50:14 AM »
I've a favourite advisor on Keen who has just been slated really badly in feedback. What the advisor has been accused of in the feedback no way can be true of her. Keen will leave that there and this Psychics reputation is now really damaged. All that client had to do was to message the advisor after the session to discuss her impression of what she thought the Psychic meant in the reading. Rather do that surely than accuse and decimate a professionals reputation? Keen and other sites like Bitwine and Kasamba have a way to contact the Psychic for free. If I ever had a question or something didnt occur to me as clear I would always message the Psychic after the reading and ask them. Too many harsh bashing going on and it destroys the Psychics reputation. Doing that kind of destruction without even a thought is so harsh. ..thats my vent.  :-X

Offline Fidget1028

Re: Bashing a reading - no communication to the reader
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 10:16:12 AM »
I've a favourite advisor on Keen who has just been slated really badly in feedback. What the advisor has been accused of in the feedback no way can be true of her. Keen will leave that there and this Psychics reputation is now really damaged. All that client had to do was to message the advisor after the session to discuss her impression of what she thought the Psychic meant in the reading. Rather do that surely than accuse and decimate a professionals reputation? Keen and other sites like Bitwine and Kasamba have a way to contact the Psychic for free. If I ever had a question or something didnt occur to me as clear I would always message the Psychic after the reading and ask them. Too many harsh bashing going on and it destroys the Psychics reputation. Doing that kind of destruction without even a thought is so harsh. ..thats my vent.  :-X

I'm not sure what the concern is. The psychic will most likely have the feedback removed. They do it all the time.

Offline Clarita

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 01:40:51 PM »
On keen for sure they don't and won't remove it even if the feedback insults the advisor. The concern is how a client will bash, damage an advisor without even contacting them to clarify. It's free to follow up. So why not?

Offline Love2lovenj

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 01:45:43 PM »
On keen for sure they don't and won't remove it even if the feedback insults the advisor. The concern is how a client will bash, damage an advisor without even contacting them to clarify. It's free to follow up. So why not?

If its a free to follow up not all readers do it.  I spent a lot of money on a reading and a the next day i emailed the advisor to ask a question regarding the reading and i never heard back.  I for one don't go into bashing readers only calling them out if they are a straight out fraud and give ppl the same exact reading.  Unfortunately what can you really review them on with such a short window unless its a prediction that falls into that time frame.

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 01:49:45 PM »

Keen may have removed bad feedback at one point, but now they are less inclined to do so. This is why there is a basher list and makes the advisor paranoid. There are many people out there that take a personal thrill of ruining someone, blaming them etc. I see it online all the time. The problem used to be that other advisors would have a second account, call and try to destroy another advisor out of pettiness and jealousy.  This wouldn't surprise me here either.  i see it on fb as well. I've had friends remove ratings because each time they say posted on a group and the person didn't like what they said, they would go to their personal page and give a bad rating. So say the group was about cheese and the personal page was for a used car dealership, completely unrelated. Also, on fb other people have done this to psychics out of jealousy, never reading with them and leaving shitty reviews just be spiteful and out of jealousy.  People can be absolutely horrid.

Offline Clarita

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 01:59:35 PM »

If its a free to follow up not all readers do it.  I spent a lot of money on a reading and a the next day i emailed the advisor to ask a question regarding the reading and i never heard back.  I for one don't go into bashing readers only calling them out if they are a straight out fraud and give ppl the same exact reading.  Unfortunately what can you really review them on with such a short window unless its a prediction that falls into that time frame.
keen bitwine and Kasamba all have a free easy way to contact the psychic quickly or even days after the reading. 

Offline Clarita

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 02:05:22 PM »

Keen may have removed bad feedback at one point, but now they are less inclined to do so. This is why there is a basher list and makes the advisor paranoid. There are many people out there that take a personal thrill of ruining someone, blaming them etc. I see it online all the time. The problem used to be that other advisors would have a second account, call and try to destroy another advisor out of pettiness and jealousy.  This wouldn't surprise me here either.  i see it on fb as well. I've had friends remove ratings because each time they say posted on a group and the person didn't like what they said, they would go to their personal page and give a bad rating. So say the group was about cheese and the personal page was for a used car dealership, completely unrelated. Also, on fb other people have done this to psychics out of jealousy, never reading with them and leaving shitty reviews just be spiteful and out of jealousy.  People can be absolutely horrid.
what you say is true. So gross to decimate a person's reputation and damage their earnings just because you didn't like what they said or didn't understand. The advisor I go to has this insults 1 star bash now sitting on her profile. I know this advisor a long time and no way is she judgemental or rude like that feedback says. So damaging. My vent here is..guys.. message the person after the reading if some things didn't click. If you still want to leave a bad rating then.. sure..but before you destroy another person s reputation and earnings give them a chance to explain or clarify surely?

Offline happyk

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 02:07:50 PM »
So, your favorite advisor should only be given positive feedback? After being charged insane amount of money and not getting even a satisfactory reading, why can't we leave a bad review? If it's very unfair I'm sure the reader can dispute it. I don't understand your vent honestly, unless you are that reader. I'm sorry, I had to say that. This is a strange vent. I don't want to go back and forth with anyone on this but I've no sympathy for any readers.

Offline Clarita

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 02:57:57 PM »
So, your favorite advisor should only be given positive feedback? After being charged insane amount of money and not getting even a satisfactory reading, why can't we leave a bad review? If it's very unfair I'm sure the reader can dispute it. I don't understand your vent honestly, unless you are that reader. I'm sorry, I had to say that. This is a strange vent. I don't want to go back and forth with anyone on this but I've no sympathy for any readers.
hi if you have a harsh view of readers then ok. The review I speak of keen will not remove even though the client called her names in it. My point is not that negative feedback need ever occur it's that the opportunity to follow up is there before this bash & secondary for users to be aware of how very damaging this bash is. The feedback I speak of isn't balanced or sounds true of this advisor at all

Offline aquagirl

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2019, 03:11:11 PM »

Why as soon as one has any empathy or some form of understanding a person "goes there"? Non of this remotely equates to her being a reader. it has nothing to do with not wanting your favourite reader having low ratings, it has to do with honor and integrity. If I've read with someone for five years and spoke to them in various situations, and know how they respond in certain situations etc and then read a review that I know isn't in the character of the reader, I would too not take to kindly to it. Because it's obvious the person has an agenda. And it's not fair to the advisor or anyone for that matter in any line of business.  I find it more strange when people get all up in arms when someone defends another, why is that? is it because they are guilty of the doing the same?  There is a huge difference between leaving an honest review and slander or because that person didn't get what they want or has problems with basic comprehension.

The problem with messaging as its been mentioned already is that many advisors either don't read their mail or don't respond to it. Which I personally feel is unprofessional and bad for business.  I have emailed readers after for clarity on something and it's 50/50 if they reply. Most of the time they don't even open the message and read it.  That may be because they either get an overwhelming amount of readings, I remember a few over the years sending out an email saying they were no longer reading and replying to emails as they are overwhelming and taking time away from them taking client calls. The other side is that many send that follow up question and try to milk a reading out of the advisor for free. So there is a delicate balance here.

HappyK: your comment about not having any sympathy for readers speaks volumes. They are still human beings and from working in customer service for many years and dealing with horrid people, i can only imagine what they have to deal with as well. You should never paint everyone with the same brush.   There were many times when i was nice and friendly and because someone didn't get what they wanted complained with complete lies about what happened to make themselves feel justified. I could say i have no sympathy for customers where i worked, especially because of the problems they complained about were 97% of the time their own fault, but wanted to blame me or my coworkers etc. As a manager i had people complain to me about the most ridiculous things.  You're entitled to your feelings, but i find them highly unfair.

Offline happyk

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 03:29:02 PM »

Why as soon as one has any empathy or some form of understanding a person "goes there"? Non of this remotely equates to her being a reader. it has nothing to do with not wanting your favourite reader having low ratings, it has to do with honor and integrity. If I've read with someone for five years and spoke to them in various situations, and know how they respond in certain situations etc and then read a review that I know isn't in the character of the reader, I would too not take to kindly to it. Because it's obvious the person has an agenda. And it's not fair to the advisor or anyone for that matter in any line of business.  I find it more strange when people get all up in arms when someone defends another, why is that? is it because they are guilty of the doing the same?  There is a huge difference between leaving an honest review and slander or because that person didn't get what they want or has problems with basic comprehension.

The problem with messaging as its been mentioned already is that many advisors either don't read their mail or don't respond to it. Which I personally feel is unprofessional and bad for business.  I have emailed readers after for clarity on something and it's 50/50 if they reply. Most of the time they don't even open the message and read it.  That may be because they either get an overwhelming amount of readings, I remember a few over the years sending out an email saying they were no longer reading and replying to emails as they are overwhelming and taking time away from them taking client calls. The other side is that many send that follow up question and try to milk a reading out of the advisor for free. So there is a delicate balance here.

HappyK: your comment about not having any sympathy for readers speaks volumes. They are still human beings and from working in customer service for many years and dealing with horrid people, i can only imagine what they have to deal with as well. You should never paint everyone with the same brush.   There were many times when i was nice and friendly and because someone didn't get what they wanted complained with complete lies about what happened to make themselves feel justified. I could say i have no sympathy for customers where i worked, especially because of the problems they complained about were 97% of the time their own fault, but wanted to blame me or my coworkers etc. As a manager i had people complain to me about the most ridiculous things.  You're entitled to your feelings, but i find them highly unfair.

I still work in a position where I talk to many people and help them everyday. I know all about sympathy and empathy and all that and again I stand by everything I said. I've tried sympathizing even with a reader and asked them if they'd like me to send them money because they said they didn't have money to feed their dogs but I was being stupid. If a reader has been called names I'm sure that's not in compliance to Keen guidelines and Keen would take a look at it. My sympathy/ empathy everything goes out to people like us who have spent thousands of dollars on these readers. We are responsible for our actions like throwing our money away but how can you take advantage of someone? Readers lurk around here all the time and we've even seen a user here being denied a reading, so it's not too unlikely for a reader to pose as one of us. I stand by what I say and yes we're all entitled to our opinions 🤷🏻‍♀️

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2019, 03:57:45 PM »
According to Keen's policy, they can and will remove feedback for the following:
Circumstances in Which Keen Will Consider Removing Feedback:
The feedback was written with the sole intention of describing or commenting on Keen itself and not the User or the User's Services.
The feedback contains, in Keen's sole discretion, profane or vulgar language or Sexually-Oriented content. Keen will not remove feedback containing inflammatory words such as "fake," "sucks" or "boring".
The feedback contains personal identifying information about a User, including real name, address, phone number or email address.
The feedback contains negative comments regarding a User's failure to perform actions or services which are outside the scope of the User's Services described in the listing.
The feedback is made by a User for themselves (whether directly or indirectly, using secondary User names or third parties to leave such feedback).
The feedback is made by a User who provided Keen with false contact information during the registration process, and cannot be contacted.
Feedback is determined by Keen in its sole discretion to be of a harassing nature, and Keen may remove any or all feedback made by that User.
The feedback refers to another User's feedback, mentions other User or includes links to other Websites.
Feedback describing disconnected conversations may be removed if the User agrees to refund the cost of the conversation to the User.
Feedback mistakenly left or intended for another User will be considered for removal only when the User responsible informs Keen of the error.
Feedback will be considered for revision when Users mutually agree that the star rating is no longer an accurate reflection of a transaction. In this circumstance, both Users must write to Keen with their request.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 04:01:21 PM by Fidget1028 »

Offline happyk

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2019, 05:28:23 PM »

How could you possibly know that? Are you psychic?  ::)

Lmao Still Tired.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2019, 05:45:52 PM »
ding, ding, ding....totally agree.
Especially because when readers are wrong, they still want you to claim they are right.

Offline happyk

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2019, 06:20:24 PM »
ding, ding, ding....totally agree.
Especially because when readers are wrong, they still want you to claim they are right.

Yep! Their comeback is she didn't like what she heard. Ya, right!!