Author Topic: Taking a break  (Read 9758 times)

Offline Fidget1028

Taking a break
« on: December 15, 2018, 01:49:25 AM »
So, maybe this should go under "the vent", but since my main experience is Keen, I'll put it here. My readings have been nothing but confusing lately. I limit myself to the known "good" readers, but even they are flip flopping. Maybe my readings are too frequent. Maybe it's because I'm not in consistent contact with my POI. Maybe it's lack of LOA. Or maybe everyone is just wrong. I really don't know. It's not healthy to keep reading. You get a random hit and think "wow! We really connected!" So then you go back and nada. You go to an empath and it's a good day and there's hope, only to have it dashed the next time. You go to a clair--- and again there's hope for the future, so you go back. Then there's free will or a retrograde. Hope is gone again, so you revisit an empath. And on and on. Meanwhile it's by the holidays it will be better, then it's Spring, or a 2 or maybe 8. But you'll have a choice. How? I can't have much of a choice if I'm obsessing over a 2 or the Spring and not getting out and meeting Mr. Option B.
So, I already have a pending general email from Kisha and I'm in the queues of Cookie and Gaylene (both of which I may cancel). I'm tired of thinking about this situation any longer tbh. No one besides God knows what's going to happen. I think I need to put this all in his hands and hope for the best.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 01:51:24 AM by Fidget1028 »

josh34

Re: Taking a break
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 02:04:27 AM »
So, maybe this should go under "the vent", but since my main experience is Keen, I'll put it here. My readings have been nothing but confusing lately. I limit myself to the known "good" readers, but even they are flip flopping. Maybe my readings are too frequent. Maybe it's because I'm not in consistent contact with my POI. Maybe it's lack of LOA. Or maybe everyone is just wrong. I really don't know. It's not healthy to keep reading. You get a random hit and think "wow! We really connected!" So then you go back and nada. You go to an empath and it's a good day and there's hope, only to have it dashed the next time. You go to a clair--- and again there's hope for the future, so you go back. Then there's free will or a retrograde. Hope is gone again, so you revisit an empath. And on and on. Meanwhile it's by the holidays it will be better, then it's Spring, or a 2 or maybe 8. But you'll have a choice. How? I can't have much of a choice if I'm obsessing over a 2 or the Spring and not getting out and meeting Mr. Option B.
So, I already have a pending general email from Kisha and I'm in the queues of Cookie and Gaylene (both of which I may cancel). I'm tired of thinking about this situation any longer tbh. No one besides God knows what's going to happen. I think I need to put this all in his hands and hope for the best.

I'm sorry things aren't going well for you. Wishing you the best. If you need anybody to talk to, message me. I'm here for you.

Offline Yt5587

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 02:21:03 AM »
Sending you love, Fidget! Here for you ❤️

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 02:41:29 AM »
How often are you getting readings from the same advisors? I think once every 2 weeks or more per advisor is probably good. I wouldn't get readings every day or every other day.

I know it can be very frustrating, so I wish you good luck with this. I hope things straighten out and I hope you get to communicate with POI.

Offline skyline

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 02:45:22 AM »
So, maybe this should go under "the vent", but since my main experience is Keen, I'll put it here. My readings have been nothing but confusing lately. I limit myself to the known "good" readers, but even they are flip flopping. Maybe my readings are too frequent.

The more readings you get, the more confusing it gets.

Not to mention readings sap your spirit.

I rarely call Keen anymore, and it's the best thing I've done.

I'm saying this as someone who called for years.

It's hard to break the cycle, and I only was able to do it after Keen cracked down on sharing the promotions.

And then I reached a certain level of maturity where I realized the readings weren't real, and they were having an adverse effect on my well being. You only realize it after you stop.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 02:52:33 AM »
So, maybe this should go under "the vent", but since my main experience is Keen, I'll put it here. My readings have been nothing but confusing lately. I limit myself to the known "good" readers, but even they are flip flopping. Maybe my readings are too frequent.

It's hard to break the cycle, and I only was able to do it after Keen cracked down on sharing the promotions.

And then I reached a certain level of maturity where I realized the readings weren't real, and they were having an adverse effect on my well being. You only realize it after you stop.

I have read this a few times on this board, that once you stop with readings altogether, you feel better. I haven't stopped for long enough to feel a difference and I have always gone back.

I am curious to know how is it different once you stop reading with psychics? What feels different?

Offline flora0250

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 03:09:19 AM »

I have read this a few times on this board, that once you stop with readings altogether, you feel better. I haven't stopped for long enough to feel a difference and I have always gone back.

I am curious to know how is it different once you stop reading with psychics? What feels different?

I went on a terrible binge years ago for maybe a year or so. Then stopped completely until just recently started to get readings again. First time around I was so naive. So naive that one reader who I completely trusted basically told me she was a fake in so many words and I couldn’t even grasp it. Couldn’t even grasp how much I had trusted her and how much money I spent. They all seemed right about my POI at the time. But they seemed right because of the fact that guess what?

I think the thing here is that it’s not so much that people’s POIs are similar - but that experiences and human nature itself is so similar across the board and especially when calling about relationships of any kind - which many are - well a reader only needs to know the tiniest info from you and then can easily manipulate the reading enough to seem like a genuine psychic. Man those cold read techniques are super tricky.

So here’s the thing. When you stop getting readings you no longer HAVE the thought of wondering if so and so is right and if this or that is going to happen or not or what decisions you’re going to make based on what might or might not happen. You remember what it’s like to be okay with not knowing.

I think the central thing about getting repeated readings is that it can become an addicting way to alleviate anxiety. So when you stop getting readings you are forced to find other (hopefully more healthy) ways to alleviate the anxiety you’re trying to heal. And then the reading creates a cycle of further anxiety because you now are wondering like I said. 

Idk. That’s my take on it. By not getting readings you don’t end up with any attachment thoughts in your mind about the reading because you don’t have someone else’s real or not real predictions or empathic abilities or whatever to consider.

You learn to go by your own intuition again and learn other ways of coping with anxiety over whatever is driving you to call someone at the rate of x per minute. No one spends that kind of money on anything unless you are just into completely wasting money or unless you’re seriously anxious about something. Just my opinion.

Lol - as I mull over whether or not I can or want to get another reading myself. lol. ::massive eye roll at myself::

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 03:21:49 AM »
Thank you for this post @flora0250, I agree that calling psychics is a way to alleviate anxiety and wondering about what they tell you is a waste of your energy and thoughts and it can cause confusion.

Right now I am trying to go with my own intuition and do things the way I see fit. I've had psychics give me lots of advice about what to do and not do and it didn't end up being good at all. I went against some of that advice and I trusted my intuition and it worked out better.

Offline Miss Philosopher

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 03:26:28 AM »
I assume what feels different is, the fact that you aren't holding onto time frames and hope and everything else. You are then just accepting what is and how it is in that moment. I've called and called in the beginning of something difficult and for a few months after. Then you just get to a point where you get tired of a situation and you just stop calling and just accept what is and don't even care about time frames or if said thing even ever happens. That's how it was for me anyway. Holding on does get tiring. It's like your whole life is on hold or something. I get it.

Too many readings within a short time frame indeed get confusing. And to be honest, I'm into astrology a lot, and the most screwy time to get readings is during a venus and/or mercury retrograde. Everything seems to come to a standstill. Why I say that is, for those of you who consider astrological influences, is because mercury is the planet of the mind and rules thoughts and communication. During those retrogrades there are a lot of misunderstandings, fights, clouded thinking, difficulty focusing, lost emails or delayed emails, issues with electronics, things breaking down like cars, appliances, computers etc., higher incidents of car accidents and injuries, a lot of suicides and depression, anxiety, etc., and just weirdness all around. Once that energy lifts, things just feel lighter, thoughts become clearer and things start moving forward. Mercury retrogrades 3 to 4 times per year. The energies of that last 8 weeks each time. With Venus retrogrades, which occur once every two years, the focus is on relationships, beauty, material things. It is high time for affairs and cheating, break ups, over spending money, purchasing products more than usual etc. During this time things appear one way (blinded vision), but when it's done retrograding, it appears as what it really is. A lot of times people get back together after venus is done retrograding. People look back at the decisions they made during that time and think "wtf did I do" "wtf did i buy" "wtf was i thinking" "omg look at my broke bank account why did i spend so much". On the flip side of that, a lot of times past lovers or friends appear whether in person or in thought. Same with Mercury. Retrogrades are all about the past. Review, revise, rethink......just all the "re's" lol. Not a good time for taking action. Most of the time, relationship started during those retrogrades don't last and are short lived. Decisions made during that time typically comes with a lot of regret etc.

Venus retrograde began October 5th but the pre energy started in early September. Venus left retrograde November 16th but the energy doesn't completely subside until December 17th. Mercury went retrograde on November 16th (same day venus went direct) but the energy of it has been around since late October. Mercury went direct December 6th but that energy doesn't fully dissipate until December 21st. January and February will be completely retrograde free (yaaaaaaaaaaay). I'd say, get your readings during those two months when everything is more clear and forward moving lol.

Anyway, enough of my astrology rant.  I know I have had some confusing readings since October. October 6th is when my current ex broke up again, which I'm really past caring about it now to be honest. However, ex is beginning to resurface again and we're almost out of retrograde energy so I'm not surprised. Nevertheless, I decided I'm getting my very last reading in January and not having another one for at LEAST 3 months. My life feels better energetically without having as many readings as well. You feel free. Letting go just feels so good and just feels so free. That's the beauty of it. Everyone will do it in their own time. That's my two cents.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 03:38:47 AM by Miss Philosopher »

Offline flora0250

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 03:28:32 AM »
Thanks and lots of good wishes to you and Fidget and anyone else reading.

Offline skyline

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 04:10:29 AM »
Thank you for this post @flora0250, I agree that calling psychics is a way to alleviate anxiety and wondering about what they tell you is a waste of your energy and thoughts and it can cause confusion.

Right now I am trying to go with my own intuition and do things the way I see fit. I've had psychics give me lots of advice about what to do and not do and it didn't end up being good at all. I went against some of that advice and I trusted my intuition and it worked out better.

Yes, it's a way with dealing with anxiety. Only problem is it causes more anxiety in the long run, because you're fixated on on the future and predictions, instead of enjoying your life in the present.

Psychics feed you BS that cloud your mind and judgement.

I hope everyone on this board reaches a point in their life where they can break the habit and have a taste of freedom.

I still intend to get readings now and then, because I still enjoy getting them once in a while.

Just understand Keen isn't there for your personal development. It's there to get you hooked on calling so they can monetize it.

Offline star1

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2018, 06:38:50 AM »

I went on a terrible binge years ago for maybe a year or so. Then stopped completely until just recently started to get readings again. First time around I was so naive. So naive that one reader who I completely trusted basically told me she was a fake in so many words and I couldn’t even grasp it. Couldn’t even grasp how much I had trusted her and how much money I spent. They all seemed right about my POI at the time. But they seemed right because of the fact that guess what?

I think the thing here is that it’s not so much that people’s POIs are similar - but that experiences and human nature itself is so similar across the board and especially when calling about relationships of any kind - which many are - well a reader only needs to know the tiniest info from you and then can easily manipulate the reading enough to seem like a genuine psychic. Man those cold read techniques are super tricky.

So here’s the thing. When you stop getting readings you no longer HAVE the thought of wondering if so and so is right and if this or that is going to happen or not or what decisions you’re going to make based on what might or might not happen. You remember what it’s like to be okay with not knowing.

I think the central thing about getting repeated readings is that it can become an addicting way to alleviate anxiety. So when you stop getting readings you are forced to find other (hopefully more healthy) ways to alleviate the anxiety you’re trying to heal. And then the reading creates a cycle of further anxiety because you now are wondering like I said. 

Idk. That’s my take on it. By not getting readings you don’t end up with any attachment thoughts in your mind about the reading because you don’t have someone else’s real or not real predictions or empathic abilities or whatever to consider.

You learn to go by your own intuition again and learn other ways of coping with anxiety over whatever is driving you to call someone at the rate of x per minute. No one spends that kind of money on anything unless you are just into completely wasting money or unless you’re seriously anxious about something. Just my opinion.

Lol - as I mull over whether or not I can or want to get another reading myself. lol. ::massive eye roll at myself::

I'm going to echo this. I've actually quit readings now because I don't see the point in having them. They only tell me that my ex boyfriend cares for me and is coming back, his actions are speaking louder than his words. If a man loves you, he really would walk to the ends of the earth for you. I've had a few instances where I stopped talking to or even blocked a guy to get him out of my head for them to message a few days later.. They even told me that they were worried about looking weird or a fool for contacting me and I wouldn't answer them, but they thought "f it". My ex really does not care for me, he isn't sitting around calling psychics asking when I'm going to be back in his life, as Kisha said - he's enjoying his freedom. Yes, well I will, now. He hasn't contacted me when he did faults to say he was sorry, and it shows the difference between a boy and a man who can apologise to you for doing wrong. He is a boy and never could accept faults. We all are human and we all have to accept that we did wrong, especially when we care for someone. I was never perfect because who is in a relationship? But I bent over backwards always for him and it was always "take take take" like many readers said..

In rare cases, yes the man does have feelings for someone but won't act upon them for various reasons, that is true. But that's certainly not in my case. Sorry for rant, but I'm feeling better, now. No man should make you need to call psychics to find out when he's going to contact again, what he's doing if there's someone around him, etc etc. I'm feeling better because like Flora said - there's no "what ifs", and worrying, leaving money aside each month so that you can get readings, worrying if the reader will be consistent, if there's any changes good or bad etc etc. It's a breath of fresh air, yes I still have some feelings for my ex, no I'm not tempted at all for a reading, and it feels good. I don't now have to worry about money spare for readings and being addicted and desperate. I hated that feeling. Never will I ever call psychics on a guy again, no matter how tempting it'll be.

Fidget, I'm always here for you. Take care. ❤️
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 06:43:07 AM by star1 »

Offline Chelle9054

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2018, 12:12:58 PM »
I love this post. Very empowering and so true. Glad I checked in and it’s the 1st thing I read. 😊xx

Offline Love2lovenj

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2018, 01:28:59 PM »
I agree with everything stated.  I don't know how reading all of a.sudden took over my life.  I was perfectly fine before i stumbled to these sites and now its almost like a crutch. 

I happen to be going thru my youtube reading "fix" and on the screen came the video by i believe Bene Rexha and Florida Georgia Line - If its Meant to Be.  It hit me smack in the face.  If we were meant to be together it will happen and obsessing over or putting my life on hold isn't going to make a difference.

Just know that many of us are in the same boat and will be here to support you. 💖  just remember to put you first.... every thing happens for a reason.  If he isn't the one for you its probably because someone better is in the horizon.  Keep strong.

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2018, 04:55:42 PM »
Thanks everyone for the support and kind words. I am really just fine! I have just reflected a lot and have decided to turn everything over to the powers that be. I am going with my gut with no expectations. Sometimes psychics give advice meaning well. Sometimes that advice isn't right. I decided to take care of me, to forgive POI for some of the pain he caused and more importantly to forgive myself for going off the rails. I need to take my life by the reins, do what I think is right, and deal with consequences good or bad. At least then I won't have regrets.
I mailed him a Christmas card today. Against the advice of every psychic. I don't expect "contact ". It wasn't about expectations or outcomes. It was because it's Christmas and he is a person I care about. Because sometimes it feels good to know someone thought about you. That's who I am.  I am not changing myself based on a prediction any longer. If it's meant to be, it will be.