Author Topic: Went on a Keen bender last night  (Read 20057 times)

Offline Universal9

Re: Went on a Keen bender last night
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2017, 05:33:30 PM »
This psychic line called thecircle.com or what used to be called, had a mandate of $500 or something max per month. That I know because I used to use that service long ago. It is UK based service. Why did they have the mandate? Because they care. They care about the customers, about their spending. They understand that when we are being let down by someone, how it feels, where can will power fly away, and how can that take a toll on our debts because we want to hear something positive from someone during those times.
Like alcohol has an age limit, like marijuana has limitations, so should these addiction-based services have restriction.
Why is it so difficult to understand that keen makes money off of a person's misery, their immediate distress. Otherwise they have no income.
I dont see how I can control credit card's transaction via keen but yes they should have a limit too for such services. Someone has to take charge for these addiction based services, one day it will happen. And trust me, that will be for our best. Much better than realising that we spent say $15000 on keen readings instead of having it in savings!
And for those who want to spend more than $500 per month (and 500 is an arbitrary number), yes they should be allowed but it should not be made easy for them either. Just for example. I am thinking out loud anyways.

We're not victims. I really don't mean this in a mean way, but if you can't accept responsibility for your own behaviors, you'll probably be addicted for a very long time. Example: if an alcoholic can't admit he/she has a problem he probably will be an alcoholic for a long time.

You can't blame the freedom allowed by our financial system for your spending woes.

YESS!!!!!!   Exactly!!!!

Soooo... wondering your thoughts on this: what if the financial institution allows you to go significantly over your spending limit?

That's my situation. I totally agree that we are responsible for the spending. That said, after 30+ years of building great credit and being a super responsible person :D I went out of control with psychic calling and maxed my credit card. But it didn't end there, because my bank allowed me to go 50% over and above my credit limit -- and my limit was high! I didn't catch it until I came out of my temporary insanity. Still -- I do feel it's 100% my responsibility, but a friend suggested I could take it up with the bank that they allowed me to keep spending after I'd reached and exceeded my limit. The bank says they have that discretion for valued customers... but that I can take it up with credit card services if I choose to. I haven't decided if I will ... but am considering it.

Interestingly, keen was able to keep charging my card while california psychics was not.

Thoughts?

Gosh I missed all of this, see this is so true. You have everything going, great money, great credit, then suddenly something terrible happens and we start the binge. So the banks, credit cards, the legal system etc need to take this into account and cap the spending. This is human nature, yes we are responsible for all the spending but its still addiction, and there should be some way to curb it- the spending..

Offline Universal9

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2017, 05:40:41 PM »
This psychic line called thecircle.com or what used to be called, had a mandate of $500 or something max per month. That I know because I used to use that service long ago. It is UK based service. Why did they have the mandate? Because they care. They care about the customers, about their spending. They understand that when we are being let down by someone, how it feels, where can will power fly away, and how can that take a toll on our debts because we want to hear something positive from someone during those times.
Like alcohol has an age limit, like marijuana has limitations, so should these addiction-based services have restriction.
Why is it so difficult to understand that keen makes money off of a person's misery, their immediate distress. Otherwise they have no income.
I dont see how I can control credit card's transaction via keen but yes they should have a limit too for such services. Someone has to take charge for these addiction based services, one day it will happen. And trust me, that will be for our best. Much better than realising that we spent say $15000 on keen readings instead of having it in savings!
And for those who want to spend more than $500 per month (and 500 is an arbitrary number), yes they should be allowed but it should not be made easy for them either. Just for example. I am thinking out loud anyways.

I mostly agree with you...if nothing else Keen and similar services should allow us to put whatever spending limits we choose on our accounts and have a waiting period to override any previously set limits so you can't just change it.

As far as Keen is concerned they just consider themselves to be a third party service and whatever transactions are made are between the customer and the advisor. They really only do anything to intervene if a reader violates their terms of service, like if they are saying they can break a curse if you wire them a thousand dollars. Even then, they may not really do anything about it. That's what is so bad, they don't vet their readers and they have poor customer service.

Keen would have to come up a very long way to actually begin caring about our life outcomes. And I think they are too big and have too many customers to really do it effectively anyway. But the very least they could do is add features that help us track and limit our own spending. If we pay a premium for their service, why not? But that would reduce their profits so they will never do it willingly.

The credit card companies are the ones who would have the biggest stake in reducing spending on Keen or other pay per minute sites. They are the ones who lose money when people overspend.

Ultimately it is the readers who take advantage of a person's emotional distress.  There are some ethical readers on there who will stop taking calls if they know the person is spending too much, but they are rare.

Some people get defensive over the idea that they may have been victimized or taken advantage of. It brings home the reality that they can't control everything in their lives and the fear of that is what drives a lot of people to start calling psychics in the first place. There is a phase where people try to accept responsibility for what went wrong in their lives but they don't accept the state of vulnerability that allowed it to happen. That's where you see a lot of posturing about how they are the only ones responsible for whatever happened in their lives. And knee jerk reactions against the idea that anyone else might have control over what they do. It is a mindset based around toxic shame and self-blame, not personal responsibility.

Totally agree with all of this. I also accept personal responsibility for my spending, its a huge embarassment I have spent money since 2012 to present that could have bought be a brand new Civic or something. I feel very regretful doing that which is why I feel the readers take advantage of our distress, my money gone, outcome never happened, temporary relief and all that. Keen also charges a huge percent of their earnings so they do profit a lot. Wish they cared more. But they wont so hopefully one day the change will come about, and there will be some legal system to curb the addiction for vulnerable people like me. Because I am now fine and in control and know I wont spend anything significant on psychics now, but no idea how I will react to circumstances in future. But fingers crossed it never will. I just think it is a matter of time when someone takes keen or other such websites to court, and consequently some actions comes about from that..

Offline lostsoul209

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2017, 03:54:42 AM »
outcome never happened, temporary relief and all that
This is what would happen to me I call them and it would make me feel good but after 2 day later you get suck back down. reading the review from keen I finally realize that these psychic said the same thing to everyone. I somewhat found peace now but it still hurt that I been lied to. My poi said one thing and the psychic said another. She deeply care for you She doesn't even show one bit of it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 03:56:18 AM by lostsoul209 »

Offline Universal9

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2017, 05:37:02 AM »
Just curious, who is this reader who is egotistical or have been using hypnotism?
I have had a similar experience but this has been with Raven; so while I was very negative with this guy even when taking the reading on him (because I didnt want to be positive or hopeful of the situation for the fear of a let down), I have noticed it many times that she uses some power to ease the connection or something where I feel soothed, and felt unconditional love for him right after the reading or a day after the reading. I thought it was strange and I have felt it multiple times, but ofcourse my will power kicked right back in after this initial dose of hypnotism but just wanted to let you know..

I feel the same way, I am doing okay now, not even very interested in getting readings but I feel like if something really bad happened I don't know how I would react. I think I'm pretty much over it because I can't even stand to hear the BS anymore. There was a time when I needed to hear comforting words even if I knew it wasn't true. I wonder if another severe emotional shock could put me back in that place. I think at this point I would probably snap out of it pretty quickly but shock can make people do strange things.

My first years on Keen, I spent very sparingly. I felt bad if I wasted $2 just trying a reader for one minute because I was brought up to never, ever waste money like that. My second go round on Keen was a little more impulsive. But it was that one reader in particular though who really broke down my self control. I have never come across anyone else quite like her on there. I really felt like she hypnotized me. I don't think it was done maliciously, I think she honestly meant to help but she was too caught up in her ego trying to play god.

It's sad to me when people don't understand, you can take responsibility for your own choices while you also see the part other people played and hold them accountable for it. It's not an either/or situation. But people with addiction and/or codependency issues often see it as a black and white thing where either you blame other people or you blame yourself. Blame isn't even the point, but it is the perceptual filter they get stuck in.

Offline Universal9

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2017, 07:58:44 PM »
That must have been a bad experience, to trust Angelbaby and then come to horrible realisation she was wrong, always was. This has happened to me before many times, and I still dont seem to have learnt the lesson completely, although I have learned a lot.
Like it happened to me with whitelightangel in 2012/2013, she had disappointed me both in love life and career; then happened to me recently with mystic raven too but I dont know if she was unethical but rather inconsistent/inaccurate in her readings like they did not catch the story at the time I asked the Q; she saw negative much later when she should have seen it earlier coz I had asked it earlier...But Debra (whitelightangel) was unethical in my eyes, like angelbaby, she was soo good at convincing me that it WILL happen, and I was naive at that time, so I was going with the flow, but when the reality dawned that the opposite has happened on both love and career matters, I was terribly disappointed. Felt like a fool. Ofcourse, by that time, she was probably vacationing somewhere with the money LOL.
I just wished there was a way to retrieve the money lost in this type of getting fooled process or a way to stop people from spending unreasonable money on these things to begin with; if God wishes, it will happen; or he will give us the strength to deal with life situations without the need to take readings out of impatience. I still feel like this system has to be controlled somehow..
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 08:00:32 PM by Universal9 »

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2017, 08:15:22 PM »
I had the experience with readings where they would lead me on for a long time, and then when (I think) they would realize I wasn't buying it anymore or things weren't turning out the way they "predicted" (and I was catching on to it), they would change outcome completely....And it was a devastating experience.  I even said to a few of them, what happened to the original wonderful outcome?  And I never got an answer that made any sense.

Offline Universal9

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2017, 08:22:36 PM »
This is why it is so important to just learn the lesson the hard way once and for all. And to never trust these advisors anymore. We all take readings but it should ideally be limited in quantity and time, and its obviously out of curiosity and impatience (and sometimes spy work what not) but we cannot afford to feel betrayed by these people nor should we ever waste loads of hard earned money on them either.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2017, 10:24:17 PM »
I had the experience with readings where they would lead me on for a long time, and then when (I think) they would realize I wasn't buying it anymore or things weren't turning out the way they "predicted" (and I was catching on to it), they would change outcome completely....And it was a devastating experience.  I even said to a few of them, what happened to the original wonderful outcome?  And I never got an answer that made any sense.

I had the same experience with many. I don't know what's worse, when they don't stand behind their predictions, or when they keep sticking to the same predictions when it is so obviously not happening!

I agree!! Had so many keep telling me to "hang in there!"

Ugh

Offline lostsoul209

« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2017, 10:27:44 PM »
You have the right to leave them bad feedback. My bad feedback still haven't got removed yet. They just blocked me when I leave them bad feedback.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2017, 10:52:31 PM »
I had a reader once to tell me to hang in there and I was like What? What are you saying…are you telling me to hang in there with the horrible flow, to keep taking crap, to keep being miserable? What are you telling me to hang in there for? She stated, I knew you wouldn’t like the reading. 

Sometimes the crap that comes out of some people’s mouth should be swallowed and left for the other end.

Offline lostsoul209

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2017, 10:59:44 PM »
You have to left your feedback within 14 days not like psychic source they let you have 90 day to left feedback but they have to be approve it so it even more flaw.

Offline lostsoul209

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2017, 11:20:25 PM »
I always wonder does these psychic can really tell how a person very felt and care  about you? Because they always said my poi like me a lot want a long term reationship with me but then she said she want nothing to do with me and doesn't care.

Offline Kate

« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2017, 12:12:47 AM »
I always wonder does these psychic can really tell how a person very felt and care  about you? Because they always said my poi like me a lot want a long term reationship with me but then she said she want nothing to do with me and doesn't care.

It depends who you ask.  I think the reputable readers can see whether she has a connection to you, thinks about you, and has genuine feelings for you.. however, I think in your case, she is trying to push you away for other reasons.  It could be that she simply cannot cope with a relationship at the moment.. she needs space, and does not want to lead you on or feel under pressure to respond to you. Judi's inner light always tries to separate the heart from the ego - it's a good exercise.

I know how painful it can be Lostsoul.. I think the best thing you can do, is to accept the situation as it is now, and pray for guidence.  It will come..