Author Topic: Frustrations with a trusted reader  (Read 4446 times)

Offline SunshineChick22

Frustrations with a trusted reader
« on: March 08, 2017, 12:33:45 PM »
There is a reader I've been speaking to for about a year and a half now about my current relationship. We are together, just an abnormal relationship due to health concerns that need to be navigated from time to time.

Have any of you gone to a trusted reader for a length period of time - but then be ridiculed for decisions that you make? We are together, that means communication, seeing each other, etc is there. Today in my reading with her she made conflicting statements. I asked her several questions after that to understand what she was saying and she became combative. Then she ridicules me for conversations I have with my boyfriend - what I say to him, when I say, etc. finally I just now sent her an email and let her know it was unappreciated - that we are in a relationship and I should feel free to have conversations with my SO without having to run every conversation by her or being made to feel like I'm doing the wrong things.

Has anyone ever had this experience before? Completely turned me off from even wanting updated readings for awhile :/ afraid it's going to start making me over think and cause issues in my relationship that aren't there.

Offline FaithnTrust

Re: Frustrations with a trusted reader
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 02:31:06 PM »
It sounds like she/he feels too comfortable with you and your no longer getting a reading - your getting a "friend"'s (and I say that lightly) advise who is annoyed with you for some reason. Be careful with this one!

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 04:18:40 PM »
That’s why many of us have more than one reader and we look and look and look for good ones as backups. When you read a lot (as long as you have with one) they begin to feel entitled to give advice and that they know your situation better than you. Readers can never be flat out unbiased and just tell us what they see for no matter how long we choose to use them.

I get very frustrated when readers give me their side of the situation based on my situation as if what worked for them will work for me.  Just give me a psychic reading. Why is this so difficult to comprehend? Sometimes readers can be so tiring.

I went to one person once for two, three years and she was just as wrong as much as she was right. I don’t recall being admonished though, although once she gave me an extremely negative reading whereas nothing in it was for my benefit, I still read with her. It made me depressed though for a week. I figured out on my own she was horrible with relationship readings, but sometimes listening to her saved me heartache. I was going to loan a boyfriend once 5k and she told me not to do it. She said that in the beginning it will seem all rosey after he got the money but as time went on and he never made any moves to pay me back, I’d start to complain about it and he would jump ship. SO EFFING glad I listened to her on that one. Once I didn’t listen and loaned a friend $1500 for a business venture and never got a penny back and she had warned me not to.

Many things she said didn’t pan out, but when she was good, it was great. I finally stopped going to her and spending gobfuls of money when her advice was just not in line with what I wanted and her readings no longer made me feel as if they were for my higher good.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:20:20 PM by HornetKick »

Offline SunshineChick22

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 05:00:22 PM »
That’s why many of us have more than one reader and we look and look and look for good ones as backups. When you read a lot (as long as you have with one) they begin to feel entitled to give advice and that they know your situation better than you. Readers can never be flat out unbiased and just tell us what they see for no matter how long we choose to use them.

I get very frustrated when readers give me their side of the situation based on my situation as if what worked for them will work for me.  Just give me a psychic reading. Why is this so difficult to comprehend? Sometimes readers can be so tiring.

I went to one person once for two, three years and she was just as wrong as much as she was right. I don’t recall being admonished though, although once she gave me an extremely negative reading whereas nothing in it was for my benefit, I still read with her. It made me depressed though for a week. I figured out on my own she was horrible with relationship readings, but sometimes listening to her saved me heartache. I was going to loan a boyfriend once 5k and she told me not to do it. She said that in the beginning it will seem all rosey after he got the money but as time went on and he never made any moves to pay me back, I’d start to complain about it and he would jump ship. SO EFFING glad I listened to her on that one. Once I didn’t listen and loaned a friend $1500 for a business venture and never got a penny back and she had warned me not to.

Many things she said didn’t pan out, but when she was good, it was great. I finally stopped going to her and spending gobfuls of money when her advice was just not in line with what I wanted and her readings no longer made me feel as if they were for my higher good.

I have three others that I go to for backups - but I go to her when the others aren't on (they're not on a lot) or I have a specific question about career or health or something.  My SO and I are great, no relationship problems and all, but there are issues that are beyond our control that sometimes can cause setbacks.  What I don't like is being told that I can't have normal conversations with a person I'm in a relationship with without running everything by them, etc.  It wasn't a negative reading (she has said "negative" things before - but nothing bad bad or anything like that), it was just the way it made me feel that I'm a screw up or something.  She even said I should keep conversation to text only and short at that - um, what?  I politely explained to her why I don't feel that's how relationships work, she didn't like what I said and it went downhill from there. 

It left me questioning the entire situation because she said two different things and nervous about anything I do now.  That's what I didn't like about it.  It's just a hard decision to decide if I should continue calling her because she has been correct about pretty much everything, but now it makes me question having readings when it now makes me doubt every move I make after being ridiculed.  Kind of like.... causing problems that weren't there to begin with?

Offline esthere2017

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 05:36:57 PM »
I find a lot of readers tend to interject fairly traditional and ingrained misogynistic views onto their advice when it comes to dating. For example, shaming you when you made the first move or when you called a man you liked after a great date. They all tend to favour the bullshit old standard of always waiting for a man to make the first move and dictate the outcomes. A long time ago Queen of Cups (who I can't stand by the way, do not recommend and will never call again) chastised me when I asked about two different men in my past by attempting to shame me for having multiple men in my life. That sort of nonsense. We pay a lot of money to call these kooks, it should make you feel good. If she is making you feel frustrated or upset find somebody else.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 06:19:34 PM »
I find a lot of readers tend to interject fairly traditional and ingrained misogynistic views onto their advice when it comes to dating. For example, shaming you when you made the first move or when you called a man you liked after a great date. They all tend to favour the bullshit old standard of always waiting for a man to make the first move and dictate the outcomes. A long time ago Queen of Cups (who I can't stand by the way, do not recommend and will never call again) chastised me when I asked about two different men in my past by attempting to shame me for having multiple men in my life. That sort of nonsense. We pay a lot of money to call these kooks, it should make you feel good. If she is making you feel frustrated or upset find somebody else.

Holy cow aren't we in the 21st century already or what? Sometimes a woman can be another woman's worst enemy.

SunshineChick22, you might want to consider that the reader was having a bad eff'd up day or something and felt the need to take it out on you. She may have issues with your SO being so great and her SO is going downhill. People sometimes do get jealous of others, who's life seems to be going really good. AND jealousy is one of those emotions that is just hard to fathom from some people. The blame game is not my cup of tea and I would have been questioning the reading as well.

Offline transplantnurse

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2017, 07:20:37 PM »
There is a reader I've been speaking to for about a year and a half now about my current relationship. We are together, just an abnormal relationship due to health concerns that need to be navigated from time to time.

Have any of you gone to a trusted reader for a length period of time - but then be ridiculed for decisions that you make? We are together, that means communication, seeing each other, etc is there. Today in my reading with her she made conflicting statements. I asked her several questions after that to understand what she was saying and she became combative. Then she ridicules me for conversations I have with my boyfriend - what I say to him, when I say, etc. finally I just now sent her an email and let her know it was unappreciated - that we are in a relationship and I should feel free to have conversations with my SO without having to run every conversation by her or being made to feel like I'm doing the wrong things.

Has anyone ever had this experience before? Completely turned me off from even wanting updated readings for awhile :/ afraid it's going to start making me over think and cause issues in my relationship that aren't there.

I agree YOU  ARE PAYING HER!!she needs to bounce..I wouldn't call her again

moonlight412

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 04:09:30 AM »

Wow! What a jerk! Ya you are not paying $$ per minute to run by your conversations with her.. You think that these readers are spiritual people so they must be all positive, happy and dedicated..  but I have seen some of them are really petty.. like one reader blocked me because I gave her 4/5 stars!! I mean excuse me for being honest and still 4 stars is pretty good and she went on to send me this nasty email saying how I have behaved in a mean way by giving her 4 stars.. that had made me so upset but I laugh at it now.. especially if you have been going to someone for an year then you also make an emotional connection with them so I am sure you feel hurt and disappointed!
I agree with others- ditch this reader and try others!

Offline bluebelle

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 01:39:46 PM »
This is what I'm going through now and it can be really disappointing. Its so important not to get too many readings, especially from the same readers because they may get lazy since they know your situation so well. I went through this with my go to for almost a year and my last reading with her she grossly misinterpreted something which led me on a binge.

so true...at one point in my situation, I just seeked out readings from new readers that I had never read with before because I felt I was getting recycled information from the ones I was reading with continuously....

Offline Epic08

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 01:14:29 PM »
I commented on the same thing in another thread a while ago. I read with a reader for about 10 years and over time we developed a friendship and our readings started turning into 'best friend' conversations. I would get bits and pieces of information but it was more of a friend giving me advice. I didn't realize it until a few months ago. I wish I had seen it sooner but I didn't. I haven't read with her for a few months and I'm not sure if I will again

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 04:16:55 PM »
I commented on the same thing in another thread a while ago. I read with a reader for about 10 years and over time we developed a friendship and our readings started turning into 'best friend' conversations. I would get bits and pieces of information but it was more of a friend giving me advice. I didn't realize it until a few months ago. I wish I had seen it sooner but I didn't. I haven't read with her for a few months and I'm not sure if I will again

This is me as well. Advice that I was paying for. It just never occurred to me, but she never told me anything unless I paid and it delved into advice, bits and pieces psychically. We became friends, she knew all my situations, she would even invite me to her get togethers. I read with her at her home, face to face mostly, a few times by phone and she wasn't right around the corner. A bit of a drive. I remember making an appointment during my lunch hour once and half way there she calls to cancel. I read with her for years at $90 dollars a pop, the cheapest rate she had. She did predict impossible things for me that happened and tons of shit that didn't. Just a fool really, but I can say she did help in having someone to talk to, who wasn't judging.

Then too people say to stick with your most trusted readers. Well you honestly can't keep going to the same person who considers you a friend/vice versa. The stuff that comes through just isn't as accurate anymore.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 04:19:13 PM by HornetKick »

Offline Epic08

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2017, 04:45:24 PM »

This is me as well. Advice that I was paying for. It just never occurred to me, but she never told me anything unless I paid and it delved into advice, bits and pieces psychically. We became friends, she knew all my situations, she would even invite me to her get togethers. I read with her at her home, face to face mostly, a few times by phone and she wasn't right around the corner. A bit of a drive. I remember making an appointment during my lunch hour once and half way there she calls to cancel. I read with her for years at $90 dollars a pop, the cheapest rate she had. She did predict impossible things for me that happened and tons of shit that didn't. Just a fool really, but I can say she did help in having someone to talk to, who wasn't judging.

Then too people say to stick with your most trusted readers. Well you honestly can't keep going to the same person who considers you a friend/vice versa. The stuff that comes through just isn't as accurate anymore.
I agree. They say that psychics can't read for close friends or family because these individuals are too close to them and I feel like she and I became so close that information was tainted based on her knowing things about me personally. I wish that she called it quits and recommended that we stopped reading together but that didn't happen