Author Topic: lessons learned  (Read 9620 times)

Offline divine wishes

lessons learned
« on: October 13, 2014, 06:12:52 PM »
Hi Lovelies,

So, I think we have enough seasoned vets here to get a good discussion going. If you could advise your younger self about anything in regards to readings, what would it be? Mind you, some, like myself, might not regret getting readings for the most part; in that case, I would tell young divine to always take 24 hours after an event, good or bad, before getting a reading. And, I would tell her: give them no information, not a stitch, and see who really connects with you.

I am excited to read your responses.

Offline melancholia

Re: lessons learned
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 06:21:07 PM »
If you must call, only ask about business and never about relationships.  That's a death spiral and moneysink waiting to happen.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 06:43:06 PM »
Be wary - some readers have specific links for specific issues.  You telegraph the reason you are calling, sometimes without giving one single detail, just by way of the link you select.

Offline divine wishes

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 07:45:05 PM »
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:10:50 AM by divine wishes »

Offline sunandmoon

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 07:58:17 PM »
I think with relationships, the psychics assume you're calling for one thing - he broke up with me and is he coming back? So they go down that path whether it's right or not.

It just seems like there is a high percentage of people who call for that very reason. I never had the urge to call until I was dumped by a guy who was formally attached to my hip so badly it was suffocating. Then he stopped talking to me.

Even when I've called recently for completely different issues, I've been surprised that they don't ask if I'm currently in a r/s and what the status is.

Offline melancholia

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 08:09:42 PM »
I'm kind of thinking it's what sun is saying, that they're coming into the readings with a bias about what you're expecting from them and, since they want to try to give you what you want (so you don't hang up and keep calling), that's what they give you.

Also, I kind of feel like romantic relationships are something we have more control over rather than professional ones - with a romantic relationship, there are a million different subtle opportunities to sway it one way or the other. Most times with professional ones, I've found that it's a situation-to-situation basis and a lot harder to...excuse the way I'm phrasing this, but "screw up" based on pre-suppositions.  I also think there's less anxiety associated with the professional readings versus the personal ones.

Offline divine wishes

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 08:18:01 PM »
I'm kind of thinking it's what sun is saying, that they're coming into the readings with a bias about what you're expecting from them and, since they want to try to give you what you want (so you don't hang up and keep calling), that's what they give you.

Also, I kind of feel like romantic relationships are something we have more control over rather than professional ones - with a romantic relationship, there are a million different subtle opportunities to sway it one way or the other. Most times with professional ones, I've found that it's a situation-to-situation basis and a lot harder to...excuse the way I'm phrasing this, but "screw up" based on pre-suppositions.  I also think there's less anxiety associated with the professional readings versus the personal ones.

So young Mely would never ask about romantic relationships. What about Young Sunny?

Sorry if I am being a bit obnoxious with my questions, but I really do think we have a wealth of information between us all that could help others.

Would anyone just not make that call if given a second chance?

Offline melancholia

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 08:31:57 PM »

Oh GOD, yes.  If I knew that was an option, that's what I would have picked.  I would have slapped my younger self and told myself to go read the studies done on "psychic ability" and then put the damn phone down.

Problem is, at 23, I doubt I would have listened to myself. So I would also bring along a copy of my credit card and bank statements from the past several years. You know, just in case.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 08:33:16 PM »
My take is that relationships are harder to predict in terms of specific timing because we tend not to take the role we play in the outcome into our own hands.

Offline sunandmoon

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 09:55:22 PM »

Absolutely not! And I would have healed much quicker had I not been making those calls. Never mind the financial outlay

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 11:31:07 PM »

Absolutely not! And I would have healed much quicker had I not been making those calls. Never mind the financial outlay
This is interesting to me.  So, if I understand correctly, you would not make the initial call if given the chance now, yet you still call psychics, or did as recently as late September, is that correct?  Why do you continue if you see it as something that has retarded healing?

Offline chrys

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 11:50:20 PM »
Not again!!!!!!!!

Offline Luckystar

• Veterans
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 12:34:49 AM »

No joke...i would definitely like all of my money back from California Psychics, with the exception of my calls with Eden. Greedy corporate liars controlling those "psychics"

Offline cocoapple

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 03:00:45 AM »
My keen account is finally closed.  ALL accounts are closed.  I will only read with independent readers now.  These lines are so dangerous.... eats up your money so quickly.

Trying to turn a new leaf AGAIN...  eeer

Offline allbitenobark

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 04:07:11 AM »
You can do it!

anything