Author Topic: Sharing my story - who has been right and who was totally off?!  (Read 1938 times)

Offline TulipsAndSunflowers

When was your birthday? Happy birthday 🩷🩷🩷🩷 I have been in your shoes before and it’s very hurtful. All I can say is please don’t put your life or emotions on hold for someone who has no grasp on their own 🩷
Have you met this man in person already
[/quote]

Thank you, sugarsky, you're so sweet  :-* It was today!! I even switched my phone off for 18 hours and just worked all day, helped me to get distracted!
Defo not putting my life on hold, but it's been difficult to manage emotions, I even started crying on the street lol. ME! The woman who's been dating without getting too emotionally involved since 2018 - until now! Yes, we met many times and it went from great to wonderful, also he was very blunt from the start, he'd talk about other women in his life and so on, never promising me anything ... until towards the end, when he even mentioned the L word and started promising things ...  ::) I never initiated any of that, it was all his doing! I went into it without expectations. Ugh.He was so kind and loving-  and I still believe he was genuine the whole time - so no idea what broke in the stupid head of his, but oh well ...  ::) The worst part is that I will definitely find it very difficult to trust anyone ever again after this .... which sucks ( and all the readers that said super positive things about the relationship didn't help!!) ...  :o I also really want to shout at him a little... and get the frustration out. But can't even do this when he's not talking to me,  ;D  Now all I've got is anxiety, empty box of chocolates and flowers I got for myself.  ;D    .... How are things for you now btw? Hope there is no more heartache? xx

Offline sugarsky

When was your birthday? Happy birthday 🩷🩷🩷🩷 I have been in your shoes before and it’s very hurtful. All I can say is please don’t put your life or emotions on hold for someone who has no grasp on their own 🩷

Thank you, sugarsky, you're so sweet  :-* It was today!! I even switched my phone off for 18 hours and just worked all day, helped me to get distracted!
Defo not putting my life on hold, but it's been difficult to manage emotions, I even started crying on the street lol. ME! The woman who's been dating without getting too emotionally involved since 2018 - until now! Yes, we met many times and it went from great to wonderful, also he was very blunt from the start, he'd talk about other women in his life and so on, never promising me anything ... until towards the end, when he even mentioned the L word and started promising things ...  ::) I never initiated any of that, it was all his doing! I went into it without expectations. Ugh.He was so kind and loving-  and I still believe he was genuine the whole time - so no idea what broke in the stupid head of his, but oh well ...  ::) The worst part is that I will definitely find it very difficult to trust anyone ever again after this .... which sucks ( and all the readers that said super positive things about the relationship didn't help!!) ...  :o I also really want to shout at him a little... and get the frustration out. But can't even do this when he's not talking to me,  ;D  Now all I've got is anxiety, empty box of chocolates and flowers I got for myself.  ;D    .... How are things for you now btw? Hope there is no more heartache? xx
[/quote]

Aww well extra special happy birthday, since it’s today!!! You will trust again, even if it takes you time   :) There is no shame in loving someone, but many of us know how easy it is to get in too far over our heads and how we unfortunately separate from our true selves in the process. And yes love! I am good now living life and focusing on enjoying every moment and blessing 🩷 it’s okay to give yourself presents !! Sometimes those are the best kinds of presents even though you’re hurting 🩷 celebrate yourself as much as possible and try to forget the pain

🩷🌟

Offline jackY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Aww well extra special happy birthday, since it’s today!!! You will trust again, even if it takes you time   :) There is no shame in loving someone, but many of us know how easy it is to get in too far over our heads and how we unfortunately separate from our true selves in the process. And yes love! I am good now living life and focusing on enjoying every moment and blessing 🩷 it’s okay to give yourself presents !! Sometimes those are the best kinds of presents even though you’re hurting 🩷 celebrate yourself as much as possible and try to forget the pain

🩷🌟
[/quote]