Author Topic: Free Minutes - Not Honored  (Read 2720 times)

behappyy

Free Minutes - Not Honored
« on: May 01, 2012, 03:59:03 AM »
Since the topic has come up elsewhere on this board........

I get so TIRED of readers putting me on the spot after giving me a great reading, saying, "If you leave feedback after the call, I'll send you some free minutes".  So, in good faith (and feeling guilty if I don't oblige them - after such a great reading and all), I leave them feedback - just to NEVER receive the free minutes.  And then my username is stuck on their feedback, vouching for them, when people reading the glowing feedback have no idea it was left at the promise of free minutes! 

It was on my mind, as I'm thinking about how cheated I feel, given they must have been feeding me some pulled-out-the-ass or scripted readings, or not confident in their "gifts", to resort to bribing callers to GO AHEAD and leave good feedback BEFORE the callers have a chance to see if they were right or not.  To them, they have nothing to lose and good feedback/ratings to gain!  I don't think they really care if they lose your business, because there is such a fertile market for what they're selling.....what's one caller to them?  They've gotten their benefit from your call (the $$$$$ and the rating).

Forgive me for being pessimistic, but I needed to vent. >:(
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:18:44 AM by behappyy »

Offline 4everhopeful

Re: Free Minutes - Not Honored
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 12:19:29 PM »
Maybe if you tell them to send the minutes first or include in your testimonial that she promised free minutes for the rating or testimonial, lol. That will get'em.

behappyy

Re: Free Minutes - Not Honored
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 02:22:32 PM »
Maybe if you tell them to send the minutes first or include in your testimonial that she promised free minutes for the rating or testimonial, lol. That will get'em.

@4everhopeful .... LOL, I know right  ;D ;D ;D

Imagine how honest feedback would be if there was no time limit to post.

@jordie ..... I think this is how it should be.  Or at least, we should have the option to modify our feedback.  Something, anything to give the readers an incentive to be more honest and ethical.  And what's worse, if you "pester" them, reminding them about the free minutes they bartered from you, you run the risk of getting blocked by them.  That's why I can respect the readers who don't even mention or lean on you to leave feedback - then when you do leave feedback, they are the ones who usually send the nicest "thank you" along with some free minutes you never even expected.

anything