Author Topic: Deleting my dating apps  (Read 3898 times)

Offline sawthelight

Re: Deleting my dating apps
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2019, 06:00:50 PM »
I was never into dating apps and the like...I would rather meet someone in person, as old fashioned as that sounds.  Although, I have heard some success stories, so I guess it's luck of the draw..but overall, not really for me.

So many skeeveballs on those sites, married men looking for flings, disgusting.

Yep but the same thing happens in real life too...its just a cluster of them together on the site rather than meeting a man randomly in person. Think about it, meeting someone in person (with no connections to anyone you know) is just the same

Its like the Personals section in a Newspaper from like 1992 LOL with no pic

HAHA!  True!  I remember years ago, I was dating this guy, and we were hanging out with his friend, who was supposed to meet up with someone he met in the "personals" section and I remember thinking wow how weird lol.

Saw I think that is the first time I have heard of anyone actually witnessing someone use the "personals" section.  Didn't craigslist become the "personals" section when the internet kicked off?  Funny how things have transitioned. I know with my grandparents it was mostly church where everyone met.  It just seems like the medium changes.

I just think the downside with online dating is that yes you can filter out the bad ones.  But they might have you in their list and still message you.  Where as the old fashion way you can at least have some what of a common interest.  Because if you do go to a event.  It is less likely someone that doesn't have that interest to go to that same event causing them to talk to you. Where online even if they are not interested in the same things they can still message you regardless of your filter.  Not saying that can't be a bad thing.  It also allows you to meet outside of your normal circle which can be good.  I know some filters can block messages from getting to you but those filters are pretty basic from what I saw.

LOL this was in the early 90s...and I think it was pretty common back then to do this, for some people anyway....  I remember the guy I was dating telling me "he's meeting someone from the personals" and kind of laughing, so it was kind of looked down upon, at least from what I remember... ;D ;D

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
Re: Deleting my dating apps
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2019, 11:24:47 PM »
Thanks everyone for the advice!

Maybe I didn’t give it enough time but I’m not feeling it or up to being disappointed again.

I think I’d rather concentrate on work and other goals and heal thyself lol.

I need to love the hell out of me and practice self care.