Author Topic: Does this really happen?  (Read 3941 times)

Furah2fun

Does this really happen?
« on: August 30, 2012, 12:25:43 AM »
I thought I would share this story, since many of us are in the same boat.

My good friend's ex boyfriend of seven years (1997-2004), just recently came back and now is ready to get married! She thought she would never ever get over him. Obviously, they dated others in between.  But all of a sudden, he took her on a trip and is now ready to move the relationship forward (only 15 years later!!).  Its ridicilious. He is acting like he never left and no time passed. My friend said she can't just jump into that and he is moving too fast.  Anyway, not sure what will come of this because she said she doesn't feel the same anymore. Maybe if he would have actually tried to woo her again and start over, she would be more receptive.

Same story with my other friend. Ex is back after 10 years.

Offline Lincoln Memorial

Re: Does this really happen?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 12:28:28 AM »
I think it does happen.  Sometimes, when time passes, you reflect more positively on a person.  Of course, sometimes it goes the other way too!

Furah2fun

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 05:53:10 AM »
@FlutterShy,

That sounds so awful! I am so sorry to hear that. When was the most recent break up? I am where you are, feeling nothing is possible. Especially, when everything seems to be working out for everyone i know. Impossible stories, really. Its not fair to string someone along for years.  What's strange is the predictions were happening when I was getting readings...and now that I have stopped, so have the predictions. very odd.

tjoy12

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 04:30:24 PM »
@TrueLove - Yes it does!

Crazy! I had two ex's do this this year: One from 7 years ago...comes and says "you could have been my wife..." blah blah blah...

And another from 10 years ago...well he tries at least once a year. haha

Another one from 4 years ago came back last year and said he should have chose me. Well, I tried talking with him, but we were at different places in our lives and it just wasn't going to work...but I finally heard the words I wanted to hear for so long...funny...at the moment, it didn't matter much.

Talking of all this makes me think about my situation now and if he doesn't come back, I know my heart will change or at least that I will move on.

Sometimes when we are in this...we think we will never move on.

It has been 3 months and though I want to be further along in my healing, I recognize that I'm better than a month ago... :)

Furah2fun

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 07:02:29 PM »
@tjoy12-WOW!

Those are some interesting stories. By the way, I am also at the three month mark from when I saw him last and 2.5 from when I heard from him. I feel like I hit the worst of it this week, hopefully I can start to heal soon.  Its hard though, cause this time of year is when we really communicated/saw each other due to college football and NFL.

I guess time will tell! It doesn't help that I will be a bridesmaid, in yet another wedding, next week in Kauai. The last couple years I have been in at least 7 weddings and thrown 9 baby showers!

Furah2fun

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 09:53:33 PM »
So I haven't had a reading in 5 weeks (I sound like I should be in AA- haha) and am starting to feel great! I just got back from a friend's wedding in Kauai and had zero desire to contact a psychic. This would have been unheard of earlier this year, and especially last year. I am so glad I closed my account.

I am excited to try the manifesting!

tjoy12

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 02:16:30 AM »
Hi True!

Wow...great job!!

It's been two weeks for me since I havent had a reading and I too feel great! Seriously, its like you see reality and deal with it based on the facts rather than what we are led to believe are the facts.
I've been making decisions in my situation based on what I see and it feels great.

What a paradox! Its like the less you know (not having readings), the more you're in control!

I seriously know that if I did not stop the readings, my healing would have been stunted.

Furah2fun

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 03:25:27 AM »
Hi Tjoy!

Thanks! I know! Because then you can judge the situation based on the facts. I allowed myself to make excuses/tolerate behavior because the psychics said he loves me/wants a future with me etc. So I put up with way too much for so long. Its nice to have clarity on the situation.

I agree about the paradox. I feel like if one knows the outcome, then one alters his/her actions. I know I did.

Furah2fun

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 06:15:26 AM »
@flutter, the way I convinced myself to stop was to close my account. Then i tricked myself by saying i was allowed to get readings only if the situation changed. For me that means he tells me he wants a future. (zero likelihood..) At that point, I am allowed to get readings again. I realized that no prediction since end of may had come true, and I was wasting so much money on failed predictions. This was giving me major anxiety. Only in the last week or so have I truly felt better.  Even though some of my friends still think I will hear from him and it will work out, I am telling them I am over it (it's a lie) so that I don't have to talk about it anymore. For some reason that has helped too. A stressful thing for me would be when I meet a friend for dinner/drinks and inevitably the question would arise " have u heard from him?". Then when I said no, the friend would lose it and start calling him names etc and that didn't help me, especially if I was not thinking about it for once.

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 02:12:24 PM »
Here's what helped me stop getting readings... When you get the urge to call, think of all the readers who have predicted events, outcomes, contact, etc. that didn't happen. Consider all the money spent on those calls. This is how I stopped calling. Good luck to you all.

anything