Author Topic: doesn't matter if your poi come back psychics reader are the one who win big.  (Read 1899 times)

Offline psychic girls

If they are wrong they still get paid, (most of the time they are wrong) if they are right they still get paid so no matter what they are the big winner here. 

Offline icloud9

so what exactly is your point here? I understand what you are saying but no one is forcing us to get these readings. We voluntarily do this to ourselves. At the end of the day we can make the same argument for a lot of medication in the big Pharma.
At the end of the day they keep people sick and at the end of the day who wins? THEM. They're the one making all the $$ out of the sick.

Offline Miss Philosopher

Here's the thing. This concept can be applied to any profession really. If you go to a counselor, you get 10 sessions but you don't feel any better, counselor still gets paid and you still feel the same.

You go to a doctor and get diagnosed with terminal cancer, you're going to die but the doctor still gets paid.

You go to a salon for a hair cut, you don't like it but it's already done, the hair stylist still gets paid.

This applies to everything in life. It is our own choice to pay these people to peek into our future. Some are bullshit, some are legit. Either way, we made our own choices to take a chance and do it anyway.

Offline star1

The difference is almost any other kind of service has some professional or empirical standards, and is subject to the market determining their worth and viability. And people do refuse payment to counselors, doctors, hair stylists and everything else under the sun if they are not satisfied. Or they sue. If a doctor makes the wrong diagnosis and the patient dies, the family sues. If a hair stylist makes a lot of mistakes, they may go out of business. If a counselor handles a case poorly, they are subject to peer review. Even the pharmaceutical industry has some standards, though they have pretty shady ones. But psychics are not held to any standards, and they are able to set artificially inflated rates because they are not backed by any kind of standards. When a service has standards, customers can have some expectations in mind, and then decide afterward if it met their expectations or not. And businesses survive or fail on whether they meet customer expectations. It's hard to know what to expect from psychics, at the very least you expect to have a reading delivered on time or without technical issues. Some of them can't even do that properly, but they take the money anyway.

I've said before that I believe relationship readings should be banned on phone lines. If you actually had to walk to a medium, to their house or a spiritualist church - I doubt many would do it for fear of embarrassment, and for mediums/psychics to put their foot down and go "I only saw you last week!". It's very easy from the comfort of your car, home to call a line and get reassurance that the ex will be back. It's become a quick fix for people, that cause debt, depression and people wasting their lives and money. Yes - it's people's own faults what they choose to do, but I generally think that relationship readings on these lines should be banned.

Offline star1

The difference is almost any other kind of service has some professional or empirical standards, and is subject to the market determining their worth and viability. And people do refuse payment to counselors, doctors, hair stylists and everything else under the sun if they are not satisfied. Or they sue. If a doctor makes the wrong diagnosis and the patient dies, the family sues. If a hair stylist makes a lot of mistakes, they may go out of business. If a counselor handles a case poorly, they are subject to peer review. Even the pharmaceutical industry has some standards, though they have pretty shady ones. But psychics are not held to any standards, and they are able to set artificially inflated rates because they are not backed by any kind of standards. When a service has standards, customers can have some expectations in mind, and then decide afterward if it met their expectations or not. And businesses survive or fail on whether they meet customer expectations. It's hard to know what to expect from psychics, at the very least you expect to have a reading delivered on time or without technical issues. Some of them can't even do that properly, but they take the money anyway.

I've said before that I believe relationship readings should be banned on phone lines. If you actually had to walk to a medium, to their house or a spiritualist church - I doubt many would do it for fear of embarrassment, and for mediums/psychics to put their foot down and go "I only saw you last week!". It's very easy from the comfort of your car, home to call a line and get reassurance that the ex will be back. It's become a quick fix for people, that cause debt, depression and people wasting their lives and money. Yes - it's people's own faults what they choose to do, but I generally think that relationship readings on these lines should be banned.

I agree. There's just no need for it.

Yeah. They're saved by "For Entertainment Purposes Only", which is ludicrous..

Offline Miss Philosopher

You ladies definitely have a valid point. I completely wasn't even thinking of the lack of standards that readers have. Anyone could claim to be a reader and for all you know, googling tarot card definitions during the reading lol. Very good points. I believe there should be a standard. CP claims they test their psychics prior to hiring them. I don't believe that because the majority on there don't have any psychic gifts. They're just good pretend psychologists that utilize emotional branding techniques. There are a handful that have real gifts. Just hard to find I guess.

Offline star1

You ladies definitely have a valid point. I completely wasn't even thinking of the lack of standards that readers have. Anyone could claim to be a reader and for all you know, googling tarot card definitions during the reading lol. Very good points. I believe there should be a standard. CP claims they test their psychics prior to hiring them. I don't believe that because the majority on there don't have any psychic gifts. They're just good pretend psychologists that utilize emotional branding techniques. There are a handful that have real gifts. Just hard to find I guess.

I had a reading on CP and the reader gave me and other readers the same reading, so they can't be tested that special, lol. Most readers are just good at psychology and use that in their readings along with personal experiences, guesswork etc. Rarely can readers see the future. And even so, some readers could really work for me, but they didn't for you and vice versa.

Offline star1

Yep, anyone can claim to be a reader. It's a free for all.

Standards are important not just in the sense of regulating things, but so customers now what to expect. Some of the better readers do try to explain on their profile or website what it is they do. Most readers make some sorts of claims about their abilities. Either you know what their claims are ahead of time, or they start making claims in the middle of a reading. It's like anything else, if they can't live up to their claims then it should be considered false advertising. There are regulations in other types of business that prohibit certain types of claims, or hold people liable for making claims they can't live up to. I see no reason why the same principle shouldn't be applied to psychics.

When people go into readings with no clear idea of what to expect, it leaves them that much more open to manipulation. We are all suggestible, it is human nature and how the mind works. Making a choice under duress or coercion does not have the same legal bearing as a choice made freely in sound mind.

Yes (a bit extreme here), but you wouldn't expect to go to a psychologist/psychiatrist who lies about their qualifications. That's illegal and can be seen as actually quite dangerous for obvious reasons. What difference does it make for you or I to make a Keen account and say how we are empaths, mediums, psychics etc? Any reader who has "fairy" or the like in their name, I'm sorry but I'm not interested.

anything