Author Topic: Hypnosis to stop calling?  (Read 3991 times)

Offline Kkbich2014

Hypnosis to stop calling?
« on: November 03, 2017, 07:40:35 PM »
I've been calling psychics for more than 10 years. Since my sophomore year of college. When I first started I used keen and I actually would let the system decide who I would speak to. I just assumed that anyone I talked to was the real deal. The very first psychic i ever called actually told me not to call again and just to live my life.  I should have listened!

And then I stumbled on this board. And I started getting readings from people who actually predicted things accurately in my life. I had never heard of most of the people I am calling recently until I got here. And the more accurate they are, the more I call, and I'm just at a point where, I want stop. I know this is a board for referrals and to share information about accurate readers and not so accurate readers, and predictions. But this is me, just wanting some peace from this habit.

Each time I call, I feel like I'm giving away my power, my money, and not living my life according to my spiritual beliefs. I've been on a binge for weeks now.  I've set it up so that I'm not able to call keen anymore. I put my card on three different accounts, then closed all of the accounts so that I wouldnt allow myself to call.  I was desperate! I dont have access to keen anymore but now I'm using bitwine more than ever and calling those same psychics on Keen through their private site.  I've heard of hypnotherapy being used to stop smoking so I reached out to a hypnotherapist in my area, and he advised that he can help me be rid of this addiction.  I've tried everything. I am trying everything to quit. I'm fasting right now, and I'm praying, and I really just want to be over this. If anyone else is where I am, please let me know if anyone has ever tried hypnotherapy or your thoughts on it being used.

Thanks!

Offline bstalling

Re: Hypnosis to stop calling?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 08:02:32 PM »
I've never heard of anyone using hypnotherapy to stop calling, but it can't hurt. It works for a lot of habits.

Maybe you are just one of those people that is just fascinated with readings in general. you may just like a read
every couple of months. There is no harm in that. If you need it to move into the next step in life, maybe some form
of therapy or counseling will be best. I think most of us call because, in some way, we are not completely happy with one
area or more of our lives. Circle in on what you are not happy with, and work with a therapist to help you make practical
steps to improve that area of your life. Its not going to be easy, but it sure beats calling these psychics everyday. And its cheaper
too.

Offline mystery123

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 09:08:57 PM »
Yea I would say try hypnotherapy, affirmations or somehing like this- https://youtu.be/tdFBVCZZbXg

I think they key is to understand that it is an addiction and treat it that way. Because I crave for readings even though i don’t have any questions now. It’s much less now but I am still tempted to come to this board and then try different readings but it’s not addiction anymore like how it was before. Definitely the root cause goinn away helps but I still had to work through this addiction

Offline njlady

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 10:29:26 PM »
Do you meditate?  If not, start.  Every day. 

It's not really about the readings, it's about you.  You don't trust yourself and you're afraid.  You need to take your power back and let go of things you don't have any control over.  Lanie Stevens (the pussywhip lady) has a cutting the cord meditation for $5 on her website that will really help you detach from a person if you are calling about a man or men.  Don't let her book titles put you off.  When I first saw her stuff I thought "What is this crap?" and completely dismissed it.  I was wrong.  She is really on to something.  I'm not looking to get an ex back or anything, but reading her books reminded me of a few important things in a no-nonsense way and I didn't have to slog through 500 pages of fluff to get to the point.  She's really practical and lays out self love as the #1 thing you need in your life.

Offline Angelina11

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 01:12:13 AM »
"If someone  tells us something bad we run to find another then another. Or if someone tells you something too good to be true you question it and run off to read with queen of cups for your daily negative reading", you have practically described my reading behavior pattern. How sad, how true.
Interestingly enough, EVERY SINGLE reader told me I would hear from my ex, except for QOC of course,who said I would NEVER EVER hear from him ever again.

Regarding hypnotherapy, try it. At this point I may try it too if I don't get off the hook.
I've been clean for four months and it felt soooo empowering, but then I run into my ex and my reading addiction returned as it never disappeared:(((

Offline maroonlight

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 04:47:20 PM »
I've been calling psychics for more than 10 years. Since my sophomore year of college. When I first started I used keen and I actually would let the system decide who I would speak to. I just assumed that anyone I talked to was the real deal. The very first psychic i ever called actually told me not to call again and just to live my life.  I should have listened!

And then I stumbled on this board. And I started getting readings from people who actually predicted things accurately in my life. I had never heard of most of the people I am calling recently until I got here. And the more accurate they are, the more I call, and I'm just at a point where, I want stop. I know this is a board for referrals and to share information about accurate readers and not so accurate readers, and predictions. But this is me, just wanting some peace from this habit.

Each time I call, I feel like I'm giving away my power, my money, and not living my life according to my spiritual beliefs. I've been on a binge for weeks now.  I've set it up so that I'm not able to call keen anymore. I put my card on three different accounts, then closed all of the accounts so that I wouldnt allow myself to call.  I was desperate! I dont have access to keen anymore but now I'm using bitwine more than ever and calling those same psychics on Keen through their private site.  I've heard of hypnotherapy being used to stop smoking so I reached out to a hypnotherapist in my area, and he advised that he can help me be rid of this addiction.  I've tried everything. I am trying everything to quit. I'm fasting right now, and I'm praying, and I really just want to be over this. If anyone else is where I am, please let me know if anyone has ever tried hypnotherapy or your thoughts on it being used.

Thanks!

I've talked to psychics here and there over the years, before typically spending probably $20 a year on them.

In the fall of 2016 that's when the binges started, and I've spent probably over 3k total since then. I called dozens of psychics over two different guys and they were ALL wrong. That's what got me to stop getting readings for the most part. I still am getting a reading here and there over a new guy, but I'm not calling as near as many readers or spending as near as much money. I feel like in order to stop you have to take the same steps as with any other addiction like drugs or alcohol, and therapy may help you do so.

I hope 2018 is a better year for you and that you are able to get a handle on this. Very interesting that the first reader you ever talked to said don't call psychics. I've only had one reader tell me that and she was a huge load of BS on predictions and she probably knows that and actually felt bad.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 07:49:56 PM »
You should also look into what triggers you to call....the emotions you have behind those triggers and address those issues, in order to have a mind shift about wants verses needs.

Offline Kkbich2014

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 03:53:27 PM »
I bought a hypnotherapy session that did really help. If you're interested, here's the link. I really liked the recording. His voice is gentle and soothing. But you have to come into with an open mind. If you're skeptical, dont bother with it, because it wont work. I thought about paying someone else to help me, but I figure I would try something less expensive and see how it goes. Its something you have to listen to everyday.

https://www.hypnoticworld.com/downloads/addictions/psychic-phone-line-addiction

I went to a psychiatrist also, I've really been working hard to fix this problem. For me, it is a very real problem. It's not for entertainment, I've been calling for a long ass time. Its a problem. I still check in on  this site here here and there.  Knowing that I have a anxiety disorder and chronic depression, I finally got on an anti-depressant and its helped to really take some of the focus off of my POI and onto myself. It isnt him thats the problem, its me. He can only do what I allow. Focusing on myself has really taken some of the pressure off and our relationship is improving.

What really helps is really isolating those feelings that cause me to call and then suffering through them until they pass. When I'm sad or I feel like things are spiraling, I want that instant relief I sometimes get from calling a psychic. But now I just cry through it or eat some good food, or go work out. I picked up a second job, and I spend extra time loving on my little girl.  If any of you have children, you understand the need to want to be a good example to them. Thats what pushes me daily.  I guess you could call it self soothing. My last readings were with Miss Ann and Mrs Donna at the end of last year, and I'm really making an effort to stay away from calling.  I still have an interest in seeing how my predictions from last year pan out. But I am really working on letting go of the constant need to control every single detail of my life. Therapy helps. If I am honest, this site triggers me. I read a post, I see a review, I want to call. BADLY!!     I have a ways to go, but really working hard to isolate the problem and fix this.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 03:58:41 PM by Kkbich2014 »