Author Topic: Hidden Keen Fee  (Read 2327 times)

Offline Just FYI

Hidden Keen Fee
« on: October 03, 2018, 01:03:15 PM »
Hi all. I'm a long time lurker, and Keen addict but finally closed my account yesterday after reading the fine print in the User Agreement. I know that several folks have brought up the issue of readers increasing their rates because of a change in Keen's cut for readers but this hidden fee can affect all accounts (readers and callers).

This is Item #8 in the User Agreement, I've bolded the relevant text. If you're inclined, you can read the whole user agreement here. https://www.keen.com/help/useragreement

8. Account Maintenance Fee.
Keen may in its sole discretion charge an Account Maintenance Fee of two dollars ($2.00) per month for all User accounts. Further, Keen may in its sole discretion terminate your account if you do not use the Site or Services for period of twelve (12) months from the date of the last use.

Keen has made thousands of dollar from me over the last few years, but no more - I don't want to stick around to see if they milk me for an additional $2/month that I don't consent to.

Offline psychic girls

Re: Hidden Keen Fee
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 02:19:05 PM »
I don’t read with psychic that much anymore or at all it was a hard lesson for me to learn but they never charged me $2.00 a month. I guess that I always remove my working credit card when I’m done reading.

Offline jas

Re: Hidden Keen Fee
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 12:25:41 AM »
Wow - we have some very smart, very detailed folks on this board.  Thank you for breaking it all down for me and my "big picture" brain.  I am not good with the details.

anything