Author Topic: volleying between faith and predictions  (Read 10297 times)

Offline bstalling

Re: volleying between faith and predictions
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 08:00:47 PM »
Just because you are a gifted psychic does NOT mean you are gifted in human psychology and counseling, unfortunately.
Actually, I don't think this is true, unless there are two distinct and different definitions for "gifted".  To me,  if a reader is gifted it is because they have the capability of communing with a higher spirit and acting as a conduit for the messages and life lessons we learn while here on earth.  I can't imagine any message given from a higher spirit through a gifted psychic (the messenger) not being grounded in good psychology and counseling.

Well, please imagine it, because it happens. A lot. I can count several instances where I got very bad ADVICE, not psychic insight, but ADVICE. The advice is coming from them, not from their psychic abilities or guides. Even doreen Virtue used to tell callers when she was giving information that it was from HER, and not from her angels. It takes some formal training to recognize behavioral patterns, aspects of the human psyche, and good counseling techniques. That is why there is school for these things. What one psychic may recognize as "a man that gets moody sometimes, let him chill"...another can see that "gee, he has strong symptoms of bipolar. Proceed with caution". And, some of these psychics are not contacting higher spirits...some of them are not even using guides. Guides...we don't even know what exactly it means. Is it someone's grandma? An angel? Any spirit floating around?

I'm not saying that there are no genuinely good, all around gifted psychics that have good intentions and are grounded in the advice they give. There are! It is just that there are many that don't have those qualities...even when they can tell you who will knock at your door at 12 PM tonight.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:04:59 PM by bstalling »

Offline melancholia

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 08:05:56 PM »
Just because you are a gifted psychic does NOT mean you are gifted in human psychology and counseling, unfortunately.
Actually, I don't think this is true, unless there are two distinct and different definitions for "gifted".  To me,  if a reader is gifted it is because they have the capability of communing with a higher spirit and acting as a conduit for the messages and life lessons we learn while here on earth.  I can't imagine any message given from a higher spirit through a gifted psychic (the messenger) not being grounded in good psychology and counseling.

I understand what you're saying, but psychology and counseling are a lot more complex than simply "speaking through spirit."  Even most clergy members, at least in the Catholic Church, are given courses on counseling before they start doing confessions.  I think you're confusing psychological counseling with spiritual counseling - they're not the same,  not even remotely.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 09:40:34 PM »
I guess I failed to mention my point well earlier.  So I will try again. What I intended to say is that if one consults a psychic and expects to get a psychologist or psychological counseling, one might be better served going straight to a psychologist rather than to a psychic.  That isn't to say that psychics that are "gifted" cannot offer sound psychological advice - because I believe that "guidance" is often times just that - a recommendation of a practice that might derive results sought.  I suppose there are some that might offer what is clearly not good advice. However, in all my readings I have always been told that if there is a voice inside compelling the client to do something other than that which the psychic has suggested, above all, the client Is encouraged to do what that voice tells them.  In other words, psychic "guidance" does not trump one's own intuition.  That said, if one does something that has been recommended by a "gifted" psychic that seems not feel good or does not serve the best interests of the client - then I believe the client is not tuning into his/her intuition - because if it feels wrong, it most likely is wrong.

Offline bstalling

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 11:05:01 PM »

Clients visit psychics because they want a clearer picture of what is happening and where things may lead. They are already not in tune with their intuition. As an experienced client..I've finally realized my intuition trumps all. But most clients take a while to get there, especially when getting conflicting information. Another reason not to bother with psychics at all, looking back. And I say this even when I keep a few psychics on my favorites list.

Offline skyline

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 12:23:37 AM »
Well, please imagine it, because it happens. A lot. I can count several instances where I got very bad ADVICE, not psychic insight, but ADVICE.

In hindsight, 90% of the psychic advice I received was utterly useless, and some of it was potentially harmful or damaging.

You don't have to be a really gifted reader to be on Keen. All you need is the ability to pass off useless advice in the form of helpful advice so that people keep calling back.

Offline Zee

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 05:21:00 PM »
You don't have to be a really gifted reader to be on Keen. All you need is the ability to pass off useless advice in the form of helpful advice so that people keep calling back.
So very true, especially the bad ones.

Clients visit psychics because they want a clearer picture of what is happening and where things may lead. They are already not in tune with their intuition.
This is not necessarily accurate. Even psychics go to other psychics for readings and who has better intuition than a psychic? When emotions come into play, that's when I've been told it's harder for a reader to read for themselves and because someone's intuition may be off for certain issues, doesn't mean they aren't in tune.

Offline BellaLife

• Manifesting
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2013, 12:50:29 AM »

@ Zee......Even psychics go to other psychics for readings and who has better intuition than a psychic? When emotions come into play, that's when I've been told it's harder for a reader to read for themselves and because someone's intuition may be off for certain issues, doesn't mean they aren't in tune.

I just had to share this...I have not posted in awhile, but do read  a lot of post.

I had a psychic years ago around 1988 89 who read for me she told me at that time I would be moving to another state even named the state (New York), she said there would be a job there for me if I wanted...I never had any intentions of moving...but I did and I took that job.

Back to the reason I responded.....she stop reading because read very accurately for other people, but when she lost her only son in a car bad car accident she stopped reading and has not read since this devastated her because she did not see nor feel it coming....so sad.

My current local psychics I see tell me they do go to other psychics because they cannot read themselves in certain situations.

I just had to share this re

Offline divine wishes

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2014, 08:36:25 PM »
Hi Everyone,

It is almost a year later, and I wanted to give an update on my situation.

I am happy to report that my on and off situation has stopped -- we are simply "on".

As this is a psychic review forum, I will touch on the psychic stuff first, but will then move into what truly helped. As of my original post, I said the following readers were those I trusted the most -- here is where I stand now with these people:

LadyP
then: Offers me a consistent message of hope, but pushes me to gain strength
now: She may have a gift, but after reading with her a couple of times, she tends to move into advice mode. I can get this for free from my friends.

MalikaHelena
then: She is very kind and soulful. She also encourages me to deviate from fear-based living
now: I still think she is sweet, and has great intentions, but she wasn't correct for me.

Ikshvivek303
then: Has been killer in terms of timing-based predictions
now: He can be hit or miss; I haven't read with him in a while, and probably won't again.

Ness
then: Just an overall sweetheart, who undoubtedly has the best interest of clients in mind.
now: I still like Ness, however I think she is great for short term answers

ReadingsbyRaven
then: Raven has been stellar in terms of timing predictions
now: honestly, she got a couple timing predictions for me, but other than that most of her predictions were incorrect

Vicki Parker
then: She has been mostly right in regards to timing, and isn't afraid to give it to your straight
now: She was good, but after a few readings her story started to change, and I felt she was moving into counseling mode.

SoulAngel
then: SA has been very consistent with her message, and has predicted things I thought would never happen, but somehow did. She will not give timing, as she holds firm to the message of divine timing
now: I still like her.

New Additions

Readers I might call again:

Yona: Yona is one of my favorites. The last time I read with her, she alluded to a life changing event that would push the relationship. She was right. With Yona, I have found it is useless to push for details or explanations, because that's where she tends to lose her footing. If possible, stick with high level info, and you can't go wrong.

Jenny Alton: Jenny predicted my current situation last August. I thought she was entirely wrong. She wasn't. Since then, she has called the details of my relationship like none other. For her, I am eternally grateful.

Lady Jenna: Jenna can be hit or miss. I have found her to get larger picture correct, while being incredibly wrong with the details -- don't call her on it though, because she becomes incredibly defensive. 

Angelic Visions: I like Trish. She's been very blunt with me, and has made some correct predictions. My warning with her is to call her sparingly

Divine Dimensions: She is very good for me. She's made predictions that manifested.

Stareena Spring: Now I will be honest - she frustrates me like no one else. I find her to be good for the first 10 minutes, but after that she gets lost in the reading and mixes stuff up.

Readers I would never call again:

LoveNurse07: she was underwhelming

SaphireBird: same as lovenurse. It felt too conversational. Something was off about it -- I can't place it.

Renee Richards: I am sure she has a gift, but she totally googled me, and I wouldn't be able to trust her going forward.

There are so many others -- but I can't remember most of them, because I tossed my notes, which was a big mistake! I should have kept it to remind me of HOW incredibly wrong some of them were!!!

What really helped move this relationship along to where it is:
1. Being able to accept that this might not be what the Universe has planned for me. I began to completely surrender my desire to control and fix the relationship to the divine. I felt deep within me that this was the love destined for me, but for some reason, it wasn't coming together. When I finally said to the Universe "I can't do any more to make this work; I am not happy or fulfilled with the way things are now. I know I am supposed to be filled with love, joy, and peace, and this relationship, as it is, isn't allowing me those feelings. So, I completely surrender to your plan. I know whatever you have in store for me, with him or someone else, will bring in only love, joy, and peace." After giving in, I saw things begin to unfold in the most amazing ways. I witnessed the magical powers that exist, and I was swept into a relationship, with him, that is much closer to my dream, and growing closer daily to it, than I could have concocted on my own.

Will I read with psychics again? Sure, why not? It has become a way of life for me, and I have realized that if done properly it can be useful. In the past, I handled readings as a band-aid. When I was sad, upset, confused, or frustrated, I called a reader to hear that everything will be okay. If I were to call someone now, it would be because I am seeking clarity from a grounded place.

I am glad I had my psychic experience; it is part of my story. I have learned a lot from some of these people that will carry through the rest of my life. For instance, Jenny always told me to pray. She advised that I release it all to God/Universe/Divine/Spirit without fear of what will transpire,  because whatever manifests as a result of prayer is for your highest good! That is something I will never forget!

I know this was a long post, but I felt I had to pay it forward to my psychic review peeps!

Offline hope4love

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2014, 10:14:43 PM »
Thank you for sharing your experiences and I'm so glad you've got a happy ending with your beloved. Your inner knowing proved right in the end, touche!
I do believe there are gifted and ethical readers out there and often times, it means speaking to a lot of 'duds' beforehand in order to find them.

Love your mantra of releasing it to the Universe and it proves that when we surrender and let go, that's when things happen. Our own attachment and need to control a situation is what blocks what's meant to come into our lives. We are the ultimate navigators of our own destinies.

Congrats on things working out with your guy and much happiness to you both!

Offline Angelsaboveus

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2014, 11:35:17 PM »
Divine Wishes,

Thank you for your thoughtful post.  I recently did the same thing with an old BF and have only been happier in my life.   I finally surrendered and said "I cannot walk this walk anymore" and dropped the cord connecting us.  Your words really spoke to me as I have thought them deep inside for a long time.

I am curious about Yona - did you ask for a general reading or did you ask about a specific person or situation?  I want to do a reading with her - maybe next month but still not sure that I want to hear "he" is  coming back into my life.  Just. Don't. Wanna. Hear. it.  But I have heard how accurate she is so I am curious as I do not rely on psychics anymore to get me through the tough times but still there is a part of me that likes to get a reading for my information. 

Offline divine wishes

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2014, 10:36:35 PM »
angelsaboveus -- I'm glad my post resonated with you. :)

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:19:52 AM by divine wishes »

Offline allbitenobark

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2014, 02:06:24 AM »
I second that Yona gives it straight! She was one of very few that said my ex and I would not get back together but the only one that was correct on the why and how. Hope that helps!

anything