Author Topic: I want to quit  (Read 26168 times)

Offline Dejatu

Re: I want to quit
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2024, 12:57:13 AM »
I’m so sorry you’re going thru this, but also want to share I’m in the same boat. I’m ashamed that I’ve let my anxiety get the best of me, instead of accepting things for what they are and letting it be without control. I’ve spent SO much money. To embarrassing to even share. Psychic addiction is a real thing.

Offline sai07

« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2024, 09:47:56 PM »
HUGS, sai!!! PM me if you want to chat. xo

HUGS JackY - ty for having my back, girl!
Yes I will take you up on your offer and message you when I get some more time this week.

Offline jackY

« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2024, 09:48:42 PM »
Got you, woman! Any time :).

HUGS, sai!!! PM me if you want to chat. xo

HUGS JackY - ty for having my back, girl!
Yes I will take you up on your offer and message you when I get some more time this week.

Offline sai07

« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2024, 09:56:57 PM »
I’m so sorry you’re going thru this, but also want to share I’m in the same boat. I’m ashamed that I’ve let my anxiety get the best of me, instead of accepting things for what they are and letting it be without control. I’ve spent SO much money. To embarrassing to even share. Psychic addiction is a real thing.

I feel for you. I totally understand. Outside of the psychic addiction I am, believe it or not, relatively normal. How I have sunk so much $$ and believed in people who just strung me along, I have no idea. I wanted the things I asked about so badly - a promotion, a man who loved me as much as I love him - but the universe has other plans for me it seems. My approach lately has just been prayer, accepting things as they come, trying to detach as much as possible and just sitting through the pain and the anxiety. I wish I could help you. Here anytime you'd like to chat.

Offline paperlantern2

« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2024, 07:24:16 PM »
I have spent untold thousands for many years, Sai. I made it 30 days without psychics in August but it reset when I met a man. Now I am resetting again. My goal is to make it to September 12, 2025. I hope to come back here and post when feeling tempted to get a reading.

THIS IS A VERY HARD ADDICTION TO QUIT.

Offline sai07

« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2024, 02:47:20 AM »
I have spent untold thousands for many years, Sai. I made it 30 days without psychics in August but it reset when I met a man. Now I am resetting again. My goal is to make it to September 12, 2025. I hope to come back here and post when feeling tempted to get a reading.

THIS IS A VERY HARD ADDICTION TO QUIT.

So hard. It’s totally tied to emotions. Proud that you are resetting. For me when I slip I do the same. It’s not easy but I don’t want to give up on myself either.

Offline russianred

« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2024, 10:12:11 PM »
Sai, I hadn't logged into this site for many months but your thread spoke so strongly to me. I've rarely felt so affected by reading another person's posts and want to send you empathy and support.

In 2019, started to get readings compulsively. I continued on and off for a few years, but one "POI" in particular was the catalyst who sparked my interest in readings and also the person on whom I spent the most money.  So much of what you have written resonates with me. I spent so much time and energy trying to make sense of why a man would tell me that I was his soulmate if he didn't want to fully commit.  This would just eat away at me, and sometimes I felt like if I would follow the advice of the psychics, I would do everything "right" and then he would be fully mine.  The reality is that there is no answer since many people say things that they don't fully mean.  (I would bet that you're a person who does not do that and means what she says.) I would sit around and review the "evidence" for why he MUST be the one for me... he said X, Y, and Z and did A, B, and C... just endlessly seeking reassurance from myself and from readers when, deep down, I knew it wasn't actually going to work.

Psychic addiction is especially cruel because you don't get anything to show for spending thousands of dollars on someone.  I mostly read on Keen and also never found someone who was accurate with the bigger picture.

The cold hard truth is that the person for you will not drive you to an addiction with psychics, even if you are an anxious person.  He just won't, because he will care for you and reassure you enough to where you don't need to check in with others about it to such an extent.

Like you, I also got to the point where I started using psychics more as therapists than as psychics -- what you wrote about having that nonjudgmental space is so true.  Swallowing the financial reality of using them as therapists is tough, though (paying $100 for like a ten minute phone call).

Sit out the urge the best you can when you feel that you need a reading and keep your platform accounts closed, since they prey on impulsivity.  Maybe "treat" yourself to a flat-rate reading on occasion that you've booked in advance if you feel that giving up readings altogether is too difficult.

I wish the very best for you, and as cliche as it is to write -- you deserve better.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2024, 10:13:55 PM by russianred »

Offline sai07

« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2024, 07:51:05 PM »
Sai, I hadn't logged into this site for many months but your thread spoke so strongly to me. I've rarely felt so affected by reading another person's posts and want to send you empathy and support.

In 2019, started to get readings compulsively. I continued on and off for a few years, but one "POI" in particular was the catalyst who sparked my interest in readings and also the person on whom I spent the most money.  So much of what you have written resonates with me. I spent so much time and energy trying to make sense of why a man would tell me that I was his soulmate if he didn't want to fully commit.  This would just eat away at me, and sometimes I felt like if I would follow the advice of the psychics, I would do everything "right" and then he would be fully mine.  The reality is that there is no answer since many people say things that they don't fully mean.  (I would bet that you're a person who does not do that and means what she says.) I would sit around and review the "evidence" for why he MUST be the one for me... he said X, Y, and Z and did A, B, and C... just endlessly seeking reassurance from myself and from readers when, deep down, I knew it wasn't actually going to work.

Psychic addiction is especially cruel because you don't get anything to show for spending thousands of dollars on someone.  I mostly read on Keen and also never found someone who was accurate with the bigger picture.

The cold hard truth is that the person for you will not drive you to an addiction with psychics, even if you are an anxious person.  He just won't, because he will care for you and reassure you enough to where you don't need to check in with others about it to such an extent.

Like you, I also got to the point where I started using psychics more as therapists than as psychics -- what you wrote about having that nonjudgmental space is so true.  Swallowing the financial reality of using them as therapists is tough, though (paying $100 for like a ten minute phone call).

Sit out the urge the best you can when you feel that you need a reading and keep your platform accounts closed, since they prey on impulsivity.  Maybe "treat" yourself to a flat-rate reading on occasion that you've booked in advance if you feel that giving up readings altogether is too difficult.

I wish the very best for you, and as cliche as it is to write -- you deserve better.

Thanks so much, russianhead!

I was thinking the exact same thing, at least when you put money into a retail spree or an investment, you see some kind of return. You can actually physically see the purchase or see the money grow in your bank account. That is not the case with psychics, it eases my anxiety for like a day and then I spiral again and that money was not spent wisely at the end of the day.

In retrospect, I feel I was totally wrong using psychics as therapists bc it just prolonged this horrible cycle. And as you said, it is not cheap!

Re: people saying one thing and doing another - sometimes people like the fantasy of the relationship and don't want to commit to the work of a relationship. It's easy saying, I love you but it's work building and growing a relationship. I have seen a lot of people living in the fantasy stage, telling their gf/not gf that they "love them" and wanting to experience the benefits of being in a relationship without an official exclusive real commitment.

Re: readers, on the upside, bc no one has been correct for me on the big picture, I am finding it easier to move on from Keen. I just shut down my account again. The last reader I mentioned, he had said I would have some kind of turnaround in my love life by end of August and that's come and gone. We can say timing is fluid but ...the days pass by, life is still happening and I am getting older. The reality is I can't put my life on hold for a guy. I'll admit, I don't know how to get over my POI. Not yet anyways. But I know there will come a time when I do.

I agree with you - if this experience has taught me anything - it's that I deserve better than a guy that can't communicate, that can't commit and that makes me reach out to strangers with an expensive rate-card for advice. Mind you a lot of the readers on Keen were pleasant, but do I think it's worth the amount I sunk? Absolutely not.

Again, thanks for dropping the kind message and I wish you all the best on your journey xx