Author Topic: I spent £180 this year  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Notacrystalfreak

I spent £180 this year
« on: August 24, 2024, 07:57:37 PM »
Anyway I’m really stuck.

I’m indecisive of whether to do a second degree in Computing and IT or to do a masters in Data Science. I feel like I’d definitely enjoy the degree more, but sometimes I think it would be smarter to do a masters since it’s cheaper.

Psychic said masters.
My own tarot cards were saying degree.

The psychic is a relatively good one. Not 100% but she’s got some things right.

How do I choose between two conflicting advice :/. I feel like the cards cannot be wrong but the psychic might.

Offline Chocolate

Re: I spent £180 this year
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 01:41:03 PM »
Hi. Make a list of the pros and cons of both the degree and masters. For example, do you want to study for another 3 or 5 years or just do the masters in a much shorter amount of time, what career prospects are there for them? Don’t rely on a psychic’s advice. You could talk to someone at the Universities to see what career the qualifications could lead to and find out what you would enjoy doing. Hope it goes well 💐

Offline sai07

Re: I spent £180 this year
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2024, 06:00:00 PM »
I’d do a bit of a cost-benefit analysis on jobs, cost, marketability, time (part-time or full-time) etc
Data Science is pretty hot right now but I’m not sure what career you’d like to land in.

I agree with Chocolate that you can seek help from universities, may even make sense to reach out to people that have studied in each of those programs. You got this!

anything