Author Topic: I spent £180 this year  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Notacrystalfreak

I spent £180 this year
« on: August 24, 2024, 07:57:37 PM »
Anyway I’m really stuck.

I’m indecisive of whether to do a second degree in Computing and IT or to do a masters in Data Science. I feel like I’d definitely enjoy the degree more, but sometimes I think it would be smarter to do a masters since it’s cheaper.

Psychic said masters.
My own tarot cards were saying degree.

The psychic is a relatively good one. Not 100% but she’s got some things right.

How do I choose between two conflicting advice :/. I feel like the cards cannot be wrong but the psychic might.

Offline Chocolate

Re: I spent £180 this year
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 01:41:03 PM »
Hi. Make a list of the pros and cons of both the degree and masters. For example, do you want to study for another 3 or 5 years or just do the masters in a much shorter amount of time, what career prospects are there for them? Don’t rely on a psychic’s advice. You could talk to someone at the Universities to see what career the qualifications could lead to and find out what you would enjoy doing. Hope it goes well 💐

Offline sai07

Re: I spent £180 this year
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2024, 06:00:00 PM »
I’d do a bit of a cost-benefit analysis on jobs, cost, marketability, time (part-time or full-time) etc
Data Science is pretty hot right now but I’m not sure what career you’d like to land in.

I agree with Chocolate that you can seek help from universities, may even make sense to reach out to people that have studied in each of those programs. You got this!