Author Topic: Long time addict and my story  (Read 1197 times)

Offline artsygirlms

Long time addict and my story
« on: May 11, 2024, 05:56:15 PM »
I’m a really bad addict.

I think I’ve spoken to everyone on Purple Garden and Bitwine.
Looking back, even the very best ones don’t see all.
I started getting afraid to do anything. It kept me stuck.

Anyway, I’ve been in a thing with my POI over a year. He is taking time for recovery now, something I really support. I started thinking: this man is healing. There are no guarantees, but no matter what my heart feels and loves, I cannot sit around waiting and calling psychics all the time.

I went on a weekend trip last week. I thought to myself: look at all you did this weekend & how much it cost. I had amazing experiences & enjoyed my life. I could’ve spent that on psychics.

So, I’m going away again this week to stay at our family cabin. I’m going to do that a lot more.

Funny enough POI and I talked last night for 2 hours. I told him he’s the most special to me but I’m also going to probably go on some dates. We were never “exclusive” but also we were exclusive lol.
He was cute. He wanted to make sure I care about him. Of course I do, and tbh I don’t want anyone else. We have such a bond and connection. The kind that is rare in my opinion.

Anyway, it really was no power play, just what’s best for me in this time so I don’t get stuck in this mental loop of “how does he feel? What is he thinking? What will happen with us?”

Through all those psychics I’m glad I found 3-4 I trust that are accurate. In the meantime I’m working through some addiction workbooks to get help and stop ruining my finances with psychics.

I never thought I’d tell him I’m going to see other people. Ever.

Maybe this is one of those “you have to let go” stories. Who knows.

Offline Abundantia

Re: Long time addict and my story
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 01:02:54 PM »
I feel the same as well. In active addiction I could blow $100-200 on a reading a few times on multiple psychics. It's amazing when we take a step back and see what that money could buy instead :-)

Offline artsygirlms

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2024, 12:09:44 AM »
I have been traveling more! It makes a huge difference to actually get out of the house & do things instead of sitting there and spending all my money on psychics & in the end still sitting at the house alone.

Offline Ninacy

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2024, 09:09:00 AM »
Can relate very much, like I said in my vent story, I spent over 5K within 3-4 years asking about my ex and nothing came to pass when I could buy a small car or splurge on an exotic vacation. Shock therapy works, but when you are spending smaller amounts here and there on cheaper readings, they quickly add up and you realize after some time what a huge mistake you've made.

Offline jackY

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2024, 04:04:44 PM »
I'm with you. In the way back, I realized years later that I spent a few thousand around a POI who had shown me who he was many times. When I went back and read all my notes from all those readings, I was disgusted with myself at just how wrong these readers were and, yet, I kept going back. Live and learn :).

Can relate very much, like I said in my vent story, I spent over 5K within 3-4 years asking about my ex and nothing came to pass when I could buy a small car or splurge on an exotic vacation. Shock therapy works, but when you are spending smaller amounts here and there on cheaper readings, they quickly add up and you realize after some time what a huge mistake you've made.

Offline Ninacy

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2024, 04:46:15 PM »
I can see why so many of us have gone through this pattern of addiction, even though I feel less foolish since I'm not the only one--and it's a vicious cycle that you can easily break until you realize everything you have lost. When we ask for a reading, especially when it's about an ex or wishy-washy POI we are asking from a place of anxiety, confusion, and worry most of the time and the readers take advantage of that. We get reading after reading looking for clarity and answers but in the end, our confusion and anxiety surrounding the situation becomes worse before readings are different each time and contract each other, especially when you have had too many in a small period of time. Instead of waiting for some things to pass (or not) before we try another reader or get another reading, we lose our patience, and our confusion skyrockets, and we go again on a binge seeking the clarity and confirmation that we have never gotten and we'll most likely never get. But then it's too late.