Potpourri Boards > Addicted to Psychics

I want to quit

<< < (21/22) > >>

Aaron0326:

--- Quote from: sai07 on September 05, 2024, 09:56:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dejatu on September 05, 2024, 12:57:13 AM ---I’m so sorry you’re going thru this, but also want to share I’m in the same boat. I’m ashamed that I’ve let my anxiety get the best of me, instead of accepting things for what they are and letting it be without control. I’ve spent SO much money. To embarrassing to even share. Psychic addiction is a real thing.

--- End quote ---

I feel for you. I totally understand. Outside of the psychic addiction I am, believe it or not, relatively normal. How I have sunk so much $$ and believed in people who just strung me along, I have no idea. I wanted the things I asked about so badly - a promotion, a man who loved me as much as I love him - but the universe has other plans for me it seems. My approach lately has just been prayer, accepting things as they come, trying to detach as much as possible and just sitting through the pain and the anxiety. I wish I could help you. Here anytime you'd like to chat.

--- End quote ---

Lol I feel this. My affection for psychics is in such stark contrast to the rest of my life and persona. If my friends and family knew I called psychics they would be shocked. I guess I am shocked that I waste money on psychics too.  I wonder how much better off I might have been had i invested all the psychic $ into a therapist.

Notacrystalfreak:

--- Quote from: sai07 on September 04, 2024, 08:17:32 PM ---Hi guys!

The last advisor - the one that predicted a major change at the end of Aug, that prediction is now going into Sept. I don't feel good having spent money today. I feel terrible tbh bc there was no new information, my anxiety just got the best of me. It is not on the advisor but on me. This advisor is actually quite likeable but at the end of the day, I have to do what is best for me and my life. And I want to start building my own intuition again. I am having a hard time seeing the prediction come to life and most of all, I need to pay off the credit card stuff.

So this time, instead of giving myself some grace, I want to really stick to going without a reading. I was reading it takes 2-3 months to break a habit (21 days is actually a myth and perhaps achievable with simpler vices). I don't know if announcing it here is stupid but I am struggling and it is addiction and I am ready to try again with more rigour. I want my life back. I want financial freedom. I want to be able to afford a home and vacations and trips and be comfortable in retirement. Most of all, I want control of myself back.

--- End quote ---

Did the prediction pass?

appleeyes75:
For all the people going through this together atleast you're not hooked on hookers, gambling and drugs or alcohol. Trust me they are even worse. I know someone sold family business bc this person got into gambling and is now running away from debtors. So give yourself a grace. One Day at a time! This is all being part of human good bad and the ugly together. Embrace all of it.

sai07:

--- Quote from: Aaron0326 on September 25, 2024, 10:13:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: sai07 on September 05, 2024, 09:56:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dejatu on September 05, 2024, 12:57:13 AM ---I’m so sorry you’re going thru this, but also want to share I’m in the same boat. I’m ashamed that I’ve let my anxiety get the best of me, instead of accepting things for what they are and letting it be without control. I’ve spent SO much money. To embarrassing to even share. Psychic addiction is a real thing.

--- End quote ---

I feel for you. I totally understand. Outside of the psychic addiction I am, believe it or not, relatively normal. How I have sunk so much $$ and believed in people who just strung me along, I have no idea. I wanted the things I asked about so badly - a promotion, a man who loved me as much as I love him - but the universe has other plans for me it seems. My approach lately has just been prayer, accepting things as they come, trying to detach as much as possible and just sitting through the pain and the anxiety. I wish I could help you. Here anytime you'd like to chat.

--- End quote ---

Lol I feel this. My affection for psychics is in such stark contrast to the rest of my life and persona. If my friends and family knew I called psychics they would be shocked. I guess I am shocked that I waste money on psychics too.  I wonder how much better off I might have been had i invested all the psychic $ into a therapist.

--- End quote ---

I think my family & friends would have asked me to see a shrink if they knew >.<

sai07:

--- Quote from: Notacrystalfreak on Today at 11:11:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: sai07 on September 04, 2024, 08:17:32 PM ---Hi guys!

The last advisor - the one that predicted a major change at the end of Aug, that prediction is now going into Sept. I don't feel good having spent money today. I feel terrible tbh bc there was no new information, my anxiety just got the best of me. It is not on the advisor but on me. This advisor is actually quite likeable but at the end of the day, I have to do what is best for me and my life. And I want to start building my own intuition again. I am having a hard time seeing the prediction come to life and most of all, I need to pay off the credit card stuff.

So this time, instead of giving myself some grace, I want to really stick to going without a reading. I was reading it takes 2-3 months to break a habit (21 days is actually a myth and perhaps achievable with simpler vices). I don't know if announcing it here is stupid but I am struggling and it is addiction and I am ready to try again with more rigour. I want my life back. I want financial freedom. I want to be able to afford a home and vacations and trips and be comfortable in retirement. Most of all, I want control of myself back.

--- End quote ---

Did the prediction pass?

--- End quote ---

No...it didn't - the crazy thing is two psychics has said the exact same thing that by end of Aug it would pass - but it did not. And now we are at nearly the end of Sept :/ So yeah.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version