Author Topic: Ratings  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Psyche1111

Ratings
« on: July 17, 2020, 07:21:56 PM »
I am new here and maybe this has already been asked.
On Keen, Psychic Source and Kasamba, are the psychics allowed to pick what reviews are posted? For the ones I have given 5 star they are posted right away. There are a few I have given 3 stars too and they never posted? I didn't use bad language or anything just my opinion of the reading.
Also, why are there advisors on keen who have been there since 2018 but have no reviews?
It honestly makes me suspicious, especially the ones who are rated 5 stars but have one bad review out of 200 or have no reviews.

I feel like if I were confident in my reading abilities I wouldn't have a problem with people leaving a bad review? I think most of us know people are either mad about what they heard or the reader just didn't really resonate with us. 

Offline Lo12345

Re: Ratings
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 07:29:13 PM »
Oh I’ve been fighting with keen about a 1 star review I posted 2
Times since the advisor got the first review deleted, and then my second one.  They said the advisors can get reviews deleted under the feedback policy. And my last email to them last night was what did I violate   ....1) she told me the same lines as someone else that day that left a review 2) she keeps you on the phone to waste your money 3) doesn’t answer your question.

Told them I’m want to be compensated if she gets the right to take down a review that was truthful and lie to other customers so she doesn’t get caught. Then what do i get in Return for leaving a truthful comment

Offline Psyche1111

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 03:07:43 AM »
WOW. That is awful.

So basically we can't trust any of the ratings. I have been tempted to go to a lower-rated person in the hopes that they were just really honest. That could also be a sales trick! I had two advisors today totally change their stories once they had more information. I've also come to realize so much of it has to do with how we word the question. I have also asked the same question to the same advisor on different days and I got totally different responses depending on the way I phrased the question. Who knows anymore.

Offline serenejoy

• walk by faith, not by sight
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 01:20:37 PM »
That definitely happens!!

Offline jas

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 07:15:57 PM »
What you have to remember is that it is a business, they (Keen and the readers) are there to make money.  Just like on Google reviews or Yelp reviews the business owner can take down bad reviews.  I had a scathing review by someone (I am in business for myself) on Yelp and they allowed me to take it down.  I had 100 plus five star reviews but this guy was very difficult to deal with and since he had left plenty of bad reviews for other businesses, Yelp allowed it to be removed.

There are some very legitimate readers on many of these sites but you have to wade through a few bad ones to find what works for you.  Someone who works perfectly for me may not work for you.

Offline _sydney_vicious_

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2020, 01:34:50 AM »
Also, why are there advisors on keen who have been there since 2018 but have no reviews?
It honestly makes me suspicious, especially the ones who are rated 5 stars but have one bad review out of 200 or have no reviews.

From what I've seen from Keen is that the total overall rating is based on ratings from the start of the reader joining Keen til now. However in regards to written reviews, Keen only shows reviews that date back for the past year. One reason why some readers may not show any reviews could be for various reasons but the ones below are what I'm thinking off the top of my head.

• The reader is no longer using Keen as a platform (they may now have their own personal site). Aries Intuition, for example, shows 6,000 ratings but no reviews -- this is due to her getting her own site over a year ago and no longer using Keen.

• The reader may have multiple listings, and while they still use Keen, the listing with no reviews may be an old listing they no longer take clients on. I forgot which reader I was trying to read with but I saw her listing that had no written reviews but a ton of ratings - I reached out to her on that listing but she redirected me to a different one that had written reviews as well as a different rate.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 01:36:47 AM by _sydney_vicious_ »

Offline Psyche1111

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 09:59:59 PM »
What you have to remember is that it is a business, they (Keen and the readers) are there to make money.  Just like on Google reviews or Yelp reviews the business owner can take down bad reviews.  I had a scathing review by someone (I am in business for myself) on Yelp and they allowed me to take it down.  I had 100 plus five star reviews but this guy was very difficult to deal with and since he had left plenty of bad reviews for other businesses, Yelp allowed it to be removed.

There are some very legitimate readers on many of these sites but you have to wade through a few bad ones to find what works for you.  Someone who works perfectly for me may not work for you.

I totally agree someone might work for someone and not someone else! It's why I don't ever leave "bad" review. Either I don't leave one or I just say I don't think this person and I connected but I give them at least 3 stars. I understand its a business and its not fair to the business to have an unreasonable customer. I would just hope that these sites are paying attention and if one reader is constantly asking for reviews to be taken down, they decide if this person is good for their business overall. Same could be said for customers who ask for a refund every time. As they say, one bad apple can spoil the cart!