Author Topic: The definition of contact  (Read 4770 times)

Offline Calleronhiatus

Re: The definition of contact
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2020, 06:44:58 AM »
Contact predictions are a slippery slope, imo. Some readers are clear that contact doesn’t = reconciliation and some are vague. I like contact predictions so I can be prepared and know what I want to say. I dislike them because it’s not always clear what that contact will mean.

Offline maggs30

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2020, 07:01:32 AM »
well all I have realized is this, the forum is filled with negativity and amateurs ...who have no clue how things are and how they work,,, good luck to all

Most of your past posts are negative and you have called psychics you don't like derogatory names so don't call people being realistic on expectations negative or amateur. Many of us have been here a long time and know that very few psychics are actually gifted. Those that are gifted are generally only about 70ish% correct. Have fun waiting and hoping for things that will never pass with keen, CP, PO psychics.

Offline PurpleRain

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2020, 07:19:30 AM »
This is why I'm trending away from convoluted, multi-layered cryptic readers.

Contact means:

the state or condition of communicating or meeting.

communicate with (someone), typically in order to give or receive specific information.

Calls/texts/chat messages/emails/talking F2F= contact.

Offline maggs30

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2020, 04:43:19 PM »
The original question was not what we feel psychics should mean when they say contact or the definition of contact. It was if it could be considered the contact the psychic picks up. I stand by my feelings that most aren't strong enough to know what they are seeing. Heck 95% of psychics aren't psychic at all and just guess. Most "contact" predictions don't happen especially if you have been out of contact awhile. I would never hold onto hope of a contact prediction. 

Offline maggs30

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2020, 05:25:45 PM »
I completely agree about them painting the rosey picture for contact. If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone on here say well maybe they are reading him wanting to contact but he doesn't I would be a millionaire. I'm so much happier without getting readings and false hope. I just text my dude and say yo what's the deal dude lol

Offline PurpleRain

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2020, 05:27:53 PM »

I am the same way.

I am 90% sure I posted my response yesterday but it's not here so apparently the powers that be didn't want me to say all that and needed me to rephrase, lol.

Here is my 2 cents...

IMO, I am going to side with Purple Rain.

I am researcher by default, always have been, always will be.
Contact to me is has to be absolute direct contact as in calls, texts, emails, sliding into my dm's, or social media comments made directed towards me.
I typically need to see or hear the facts or evidence to believe something to be true.

That being said there is a minor gray area (MINOR)... If a POI likes your posts or pictures, I don't look at that as "contact" persay but an acknowledgment that you still exist and they see you.
If someone is watching your stories or what not and never say anything then I am sorry they are just a troll and shouldn't been entertained at all.

Maybe it's just me because I am someone who is super direct and straightforward with others that if I want to talk to you or have something to say then I'll reach out. Otherwise, I won't bother with you.

Offline PurpleRain

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2020, 05:33:47 PM »

But, the title of this thread is "The definition of contact'
Lmao @ 95% aren't psychic just guessing...Sad thing is you're probably right.

The original question was not what we feel psychics should mean when they say contact or the definition of contact. It was if it could be considered the contact the psychic picks up. I stand by my feelings that most aren't strong enough to know what they are seeing. Heck 95% of psychics aren't psychic at all and just guess. Most "contact" predictions don't happen especially if you have been out of contact awhile. I would never hold onto hope of a contact prediction.

Offline maggs30

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2020, 05:44:14 PM »

LMAO yeah the title says definition but the original post is what actually happens when they say contact. I think we all feel the same that they say contact constantly and nothing happens or something happens and its not what we expect it to mean.

Offline LillyPad99

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2020, 08:21:08 PM »

LMAO yeah the title says definition but the original post is what actually happens when they say contact. I think we all feel the same that they say contact constantly and nothing happens or something happens and its not what we expect it to mean.

This. We don’t need the literal definition of contact. We all already know what the textbook definition is. The thread was asking basically “what does it mean when a psychic says ‘contact’” and that is what prompted the many responses about social media, indirect contact, etc. Every psychic is different, but for most, those count as a form of contact unless they state otherwise.

Offline LillyPad99

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2020, 08:54:06 PM »
I, again, think you’re confused. No one is saying that we believe the psychics and this form of contact (well, I am not and I can only speak for myself). I was simply offering a psychic’s definition of what contact may be. It wasn’t stated, by me at least, that their version of contact is believed. In fact, most get contact wrong anyway, so it doesn’t matter either way. You’re reading way into some of these responses.

FWIW, I don’t think your post came across as a Debbie Downer/Negative Nancy. Just a bit over analyzing what some of us are saying. We’re just offering our two cents, not saying we hold any psychics to these contact definitions because, as you stated, they’re utter bull. As Purple stated, if someone is inquiring about contact, it SHOULD be the textbook definition, not whatever Psychic A, B, C, or D *thinks* it should be (which sadly, they typically mean everything BUT direct contact).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 09:08:32 PM by LillyPad99 »

Offline LillyPad99

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2020, 09:48:10 PM »
Yes, I prefer readers where, if they’re even going to mention contact (which POI and I aren’t out of contact so it’s not an Issue for me of If/when), that they’d say exactly WHAT kind they see. I’ve had a reader one time say he’s going to reach out via text to ask to meet up somewhere. I rather hear that, “oh he’ll reach you via email/text/call” rather than just “he’ll contact you” and then you realize that contact was indirect (a new profile pic of POI and a new girlfriend) instead of ACTUAL contact. That’s what I don’t like. It is very cryptic and confusing, depending on the reader, so I can understand why such a question of “what is the definition of contact” is being asked. When most people hear “he will contact you”, they’re assuming the textbook definition of “he’s going to call/text me directly”.

Forgot to add: I remember one reader actually saying she wasn’t sure WHAT type of contact it was, but it would him contacting her and she ran through the list of all possible forms. I was just sitting there with a ???????? on my face 😂 It was my BFF and I was sitting next to her at the time. If I recall, it was some Etsy reader
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 09:54:19 PM by LillyPad99 »

Offline PurpleRain

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2020, 06:30:35 AM »
My post was responding to the title and some of the posts I read that seemed to take other odd things into account as contact!

As this thread continues looks like the literal definition is needed. Contact means (insert my 1st post) and should mean the same thing when it is given as a prediction.

If I see poi looking at my live feed on IG that's NOT contact. Unless the psychic mentioned this specifically. Otherwise if they just gave "contact" as in the general sense w/o clarifers then the literal definition prevails!

This is why I clarify everything with them....because I now weed out readers who have their own definition of words and or phrases that aren't logically recognizable to the average person that speaks my language. If they tell me hes going to contact me, but what they really mean is he's reading my FB page, then they're not the reader for me.

This is why I clarify everything
Psychic: Hes going to contact you....
Me: "what do you mean....he's going to call me?"

A classic example is Yona giving me "updates" as contact. Well i can get updates from their best friend, the news, or from looking at their social media....none of which is contact.  Or he could update me by sending a text (which is contact) once I clarified it with her,  she just meant I was getting news, I would come to know of certain things.

So, when I gave the definition thats what I expect psychics to mean when they give contact as a general prediction. And as I stated before, this is why I'm trending away from cryptic, convoluted readers who have their own "language".
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 11:54:53 AM by PurpleRain »

Offline aries1995

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2020, 09:07:22 AM »
Well this is unsettling lol

Wait 😳 a new post appearing on your insta search page doesn’t count does it?! As it’s an update but not actual contact from them to you themselves

Offline LillyPad99

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2020, 10:08:50 AM »
Well this is unsettling lol

Wait 😳 a new post appearing on your insta search page doesn’t count does it?! As it’s an update but not actual contact from them to you themselves

It *shouldn't* count as contact, no. Unfortunately for some readers/psychics, it does (if that makes sense), which is ridiculous. If the POI didn’t actually REACH out to you to have communication directly *with you*, then anything else IMO isn’t “contact”. There are psychics, however, who will try to excuse that very situation you described as a form of contact even if they didn’t indicate that was what they saw and they just said “oh s/he will contact you on or around >>INSERT DATE<<“ if, however, they said “you’ll get an update on POI”, then yes, I’d say your insta search would count...depending on what the search showed, I guess.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 11:27:07 AM by LillyPad99 »

Offline aries1995

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2020, 11:45:07 AM »
I’ve never been told I’ll get an update always contact but who knows at this point lol

anything