Author Topic: Scamming a Scammer  (Read 2540 times)

Offline jas

Scamming a Scammer
« on: May 15, 2020, 03:51:40 PM »
Okay, so this has nothing to do with psychic but is does have to do with being scammed.

So, I have been on-line dater and have been off and on for the last 10 years.  I had two good relationships come out of it, with each lasting about one year.  I have become an expert on scammers...you know, the ones that put up fake pictures and fake bios.  Anyway, for fun, I have engaged "one".  I know he thinks "oh boy, am I going to get money out of her.  He wants to start talking on the phone.  I really want to lead this guy on and take it right up to the point where he is sitting there thinking the money is coming through at any moment.

So, any suggestions??  I know this is crazy but I have my regular phone and I have a burner phone, so no chance of him getting any real info on me. 

Offline HornetKick

Re: Scamming a Scammer
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 03:57:17 PM »
Just because I'm curious, what are the conversations like....I mean how does a man (stranger basically) ask a woman for money? What makes him think you have money (the what do you do for a living) conversation?

Did he ask as well what kind of car you drive, what neighborhood you live in? I'm assuming he isn't in the same area or state, so how does he know or even think he can get money from you; is he calling it a loan?

What is he saying to make you believe he is full of shit?

Offline CancerBumble

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 06:35:56 PM »
Okay, so this has nothing to do with psychic but is does have to do with being scammed.

So, I have been on-line dater and have been off and on for the last 10 years.  I had two good relationships come out of it, with each lasting about one year.  I have become an expert on scammers...you know, the ones that put up fake pictures and fake bios.  Anyway, for fun, I have engaged "one".  I know he thinks "oh boy, am I going to get money out of her.  He wants to start talking on the phone.  I really want to lead this guy on and take it right up to the point where he is sitting there thinking the money is coming through at any moment.

So, any suggestions??  I know this is crazy but I have my regular phone and I have a burner phone, so no chance of him getting any real info on me. 

I mean by all means I find this hilarous but have you confirmed he is not who he says he is? I do this for a living, if you want to message me personally I can help.

So, I'm going to play Devil's advocate...Should we be doing this even as a joke? What sort of karmic repercussions would there be? I agree that it's awful that there are fake bios; however, I'm more concerned about your energy mixing with a douchebag scammer's energy...even as a joke.

Offline jas

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 09:28:14 PM »
Just because I'm curious, what are the conversations like....I mean how does a man (stranger basically) ask a woman for money? What makes him think you have money (the what do you do for a living) conversation?

Did he ask as well what kind of car you drive, what neighborhood you live in? I'm assuming he isn't in the same area or state, so how does he know or even think he can get money from you; is he calling it a loan?

What is he saying to make you believe he is full of shit?

They don't ask for money right away they set you up.  They ALWAYS say that they have a job that takes them out of the country or they have children in college overseas.....they just lay the groundwork.  Then they want your phone number so that they can talk to you even though they live in the next town over.  Those are your first clues.  They will also tell you that they were raised somewhere in Europe and that is why they have an accent.

Once they get your phone number they start calling and then low and behold something has happened and they are stuck in Europe because the bitch of an ex-wife cut off their cards and could I please send some money.  Google online dating scams.

I just notice that you assume he doesn't live in the same area - that is the thing they claim to live in the same state but when you push for details about their town they will change the subject.   I am really sick of these scammers and just want to have a little fun.

Offline jas

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 09:33:41 PM »
Hey Cancer - I agree that it could pull up bad juju - but these guys really prey on vulnerable woman and I just want to have a little fun with him - but your point is well taken :)

Offline maggs30

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 02:41:31 AM »
I always reverse search their pictures. And they are always military and live just outside normal distance say 60 miles away. I usually just start sending them info of the real person they stole pictures of. Like hey Sgt Michael Smith. That's not my name. Oh then why do you have his pictures etc. Always on the free dating sites I haven't seen any on the pay sites.

Offline maggs30

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 03:34:43 AM »
I always reverse search their pictures. And they are always military and live just outside normal distance say 60 miles away. I usually just start sending them info of the real person they stole pictures of. Like hey Sgt Michael Smith. That's not my name. Oh then why do you have his pictures etc. Always on the free dating sites I haven't seen any on the pay sites.

Did we just become best friends cause I do this shit for friends alllll the time

😂 I run background checks for my friends 😂 dudes be shady

Offline kdspirited

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 07:23:19 AM »
maggs what dating sites are you on

Offline maggs30

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 12:07:23 PM »

I'm not on any right now. I was on Zoosk and it was okay until my account was hacked... Met my dude on Match. I sign up meet a few people then delete it. I hate the way men behave on there.

Offline maggs30

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 04:56:01 PM »

I'm not on any right now. I was on Zoosk and it was okay until my account was hacked... Met my dude on Match. I sign up meet a few people then delete it. I hate the way men behave on there.

You are so right. Bumble and Tinder were the worst for me. Plenty of fish and OK cupid made me want to vomit. I tried match, no luck. Got great dates and free dinners but that was it. Met my partner on a very small local site for me and worked out for the best for me.

That's awesome I never thought of looking on smaller local ones. Maybe if this one screws up and I try online stuff again lol. He's coming over Sunday to hang out after not seeing each other for a week and a half. Our schedules suck. But the good thing is he has apologized at least 7 times for not seeing me for 10 days.

Offline maggs30

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 05:33:34 PM »

You are so right. Bumble and Tinder were the worst for me. Plenty of fish and OK cupid made me want to vomit. I tried match, no luck. Got great dates and free dinners but that was it. Met my partner on a very small local site for me and worked out for the best for me.

That's awesome I never thought of looking on smaller local ones. Maybe if this one screws up and I try online stuff again lol. He's coming over Sunday to hang out after not seeing each other for a week and a half. Our schedules suck. But the good thing is he has apologized at least 7 times for not seeing me for 10 days.

Give it a chance. At least he apologized for not being able to see you. I didn't see my partner for 3 weeks when this all started, now it's basically back to normal for us. I did have a lot of nice guys ask me on dates on coffee meets bagel too.

Yeah he's going to get a strong chance for the simple fact he has known me 2 months and had no obligation to me but still texted me Happy Mothers Day. He's a good guy. Some red flags but a good guy.

anything