Author Topic: SO Glad I found you Guys  (Read 4845 times)

Offline springtime

SO Glad I found you Guys
« on: February 13, 2012, 12:23:17 AM »
Hello All,

I love this site!   I thought I was the only one going through this and since I found the site a week ago I have not called at ALL!  That is huge for me.  It is so true that they say the same BS although you can find a couple of good ones.  I have mostly been on Keen and the last person was Queen Sunshine.  Curious, has anyone read with her?

Any who.... Here is my story.  I started about 5 years ago when I was concerned about a loved one and drinking issues.  I wanted to see if they were going to stop and get help.  I got different perdictions and it still seemd to be a up and down road with the situation.  I still can not believe that I got hooked and how much it cost.  The bottom line is too that mostly I get more confused after most of the readings. 

I paid $75 for one to burn a candle for me last fall and I did feel it helped the situation but they asked again for candle money and I said no.  I can't afford readings and candle money.  Has anyone else paid for candle burning?

Weel thanks for lsitening and I cam glad to have found you guys!!   :D :)

Offline Amaranth

Re: SO Glad I found you Guys
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 04:05:24 AM »
I'm a little wary about paying psychics up front to 'clear negative energy' and $75 seems like a lot for a candle!

The only time I have ever paid 'a fee' up front was $200 for a psychic to do 'spirit work' for me.  The only reason I did it was that unlimited calls anytime of the day and visiting ( storefront psychic ) were included ( they did candle burning for me also and something with roses ).I was pretty much paying for a life coach.  It was supposed to be $200 for 30 days, but since a timeline passed with nothing, she continued to work with me for an additional 2 months until I saw results- even tho she already had my money and could have just cut me off or told me to pay for more.  She was also a far better psychic than the biggies at PS and other online places.  She said things that made my jaw drop- personal things that none of the others had picked up on.  She told me things like my ex would sell our house and move out of state, and sure enough, a month later my ex notified me he was putting the house up for sale and moving to Utah.

She was very genuine.  I believe they're out there- it's just hard to find them among all the 'educated guessers and fairytale-feeders' I guess.

Anyway, welcome to the boards and thanks for sharing your story!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 04:09:19 AM by Amaranth »

Offline springtime

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 11:45:01 PM »
I totally backslid today and called.   I had received calls on my cell phone about a month ago and the person would hang up or just be a missed call.  It was weird and after several times seeing this number I blocked it on my cell phone.

THis morning I received a hangup at my office and my gut said to check the number.  When I checked the number it was the same one I blocked on my cell phone.  Totally freaked me out.  WHo is this person and how do they know where I work.  That is when I had to know and called.  Got three different answers, one said a female, another said a male I work with and the third said a male I knew and was obssessed with me.  When will I learn!! :o

I did go to police but they really act like it is no big deal.  Now I am trying to figure out what to do because I think this is totally creepy and who does something like this.  WHy would you keep calling and not speak or say what you want and then to find out my work number.  I am still creeped out about it.

Why do I waste my money trying to get answers on these lines??

Offline NewHealthyStart

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 11:47:02 PM »
Google the number, it could be a company trying to get ahold of you if they have your work number too.

Offline Synergy

• Veterans
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 11:52:24 PM »
Can you call the number from another phone?  Or have someone call for you?  At least to see if it's a business line (maybe a bill collector?). 

I'm sorry you're going through this, springtime.  Welcome to the forum.  Thanks to this place and all our supportive members, I've been able to maintain some of my sanity.   ;)

Offline haileyn

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 12:35:45 AM »
I totally backslid today and called.   I had received calls on my cell phone about a month ago and the person would hang up or just be a missed call.  It was weird and after several times seeing this number I blocked it on my cell phone.

THis morning I received a hangup at my office and my gut said to check the number.  When I checked the number it was the same one I blocked on my cell phone.  Totally freaked me out.  WHo is this person and how do they know where I work.  That is when I had to know and called.  Got three different answers, one said a female, another said a male I work with and the third said a male I knew and was obssessed with me.  When will I learn!! :o

I did go to police but they really act like it is no big deal.  Now I am trying to figure out what to do because I think this is totally creepy and who does something like this.  WHy would you keep calling and not speak or say what you want and then to find out my work number.  I am still creeped out about it.

Why do I waste my money trying to get answers on these lines??

I hope I don't offend when I say this but I think the simple solution to this would be like suggested: call the number back from a different number or completely ignore it. I think the need to call a psychic to ask who is calling you might be a bit much. That's probably a reminder of how additive it is to call one, for anything and everything.

Or you can use: http://www.whitepages.com/reverse_phone to see where the number is coming from.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:37:41 AM by haileyn »

Offline springtime

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 01:05:51 AM »
Thanks Synergy for the Welcome!!   

I did try and call the number back and it went to voicemail. 

Haileyn I don't think it is that simple.  Wouldn't you be concerned that someone had your cell phone number and kept calling it and then after you block the number, your sitting at your desk at work and I hang up you recieve at work is from the same number?

How do they even know where I work?  How did they get the work number and cell phone number?  I do not have any credit issues so it is not a bill collector.

It is definitely creepy and not normal to keep calling someone and say nothing when they answer.  If it was someone trying to get me, wouldn't they answer me after I say hello and tell me why they are calling?

Offline Amaranth

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 01:15:56 AM »
If you don't have credit issues, is it possible that you have a friend or family who does, that at one time listed you on their credit applications as a reference?   I have had that happen before, where I was relentlessly pursued by a creditor looking for my ex.  I never co-signed with him on anything, but he had listed me multiple times on applications as a reference.  You would be surprised how easily creditors can get a hold of all your personal information- when I stopped picking up the phone for them, they somehow got a hold of my father's office number and started harassing him!

The next time they call, try doing *69.  It should work as long as they aren't calling from a blocked number.  Or get access to your phone records from your phone company and see what number keeps dialing in around those times you get those calls.

Offline springtime

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 01:24:34 AM »
No, I nevered signed on an application but thanks for the input.   If these calls were from someone from a collection agency (I have never got one before, that why asking) wouldn't they say " I am calling about such and such" instead of hanging up once I say hello?  That is what does not make any sense.   

Offline springtime

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 10:46:23 PM »
Yes, I googled the number and it is a landline in the nest town over.  The calls were coming in all hours and I am on the Do Not Call List.  I really do not think it is a business. 

anything