Author Topic: Heavenly Moonlight Starr - KEEN SCAMMER ALERT!!!  (Read 5189 times)

Offline Pisces2020

Heavenly Moonlight Starr - KEEN SCAMMER ALERT!!!
« on: April 15, 2020, 09:05:25 PM »
This reader was listed as $1.99 right before our chat before I clicked the NEXT button to get charged and start the chat. After our chat session I noticed a huge transaction and she had changed her rate to $5.99 and charged me that rate even though she was $1.99 seconds before our chat. She must have changed it while it was loading. Please people be aware they can scam you that way. I called customer service and all they are willing to do is give me a $25 refund which I’m still short of $66 they owe me. I didn’t ask for a full refund but only to be charged the $1.99 per min that she was. They claim there’s nothing else they can do and that their advisors have the right to change their rate at any time so pls be aware. I contacted my credit card company and they told me to call back once the transactions go through since they are still pending. I am praying they can cancel those extra transactions I was scammed out of. I gave her a one star feedback for that and was honest about how I felt the reading was and she accused me of not being happy cause I wanted her to give me a fairytale story. She’s crazy. She didn’t answer my questions and kept typing about how I was feeling. I know how I’m feeling already, that’s not why I’m on Keen. Duh. Anyway, I tried replying to ask why she would scam people that way but she had blocked me. DO NOT CONTACT THIS ADVISOR.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:24:07 PM by Pisces2020 »

Offline honeybee28

Re: Heavenly Moonlight Starr - KEEN SCAMMER ALERT!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 09:15:29 PM »
Omg Pisces!! I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you!! I hope it all works out for you getting your money back/the credit card company being able to cancel those transactions. I had no idea this could happen, nor has this ever crossed my mind. Thanks for sharing this, I'm sure we'll all be extra aware.

Offline LAW1974

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 10:40:34 PM »
HOLY SHIT!   Did you contact KEEN -- I woudl make sure they are fully aware that you will post on this site...

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 11:52:47 PM »
Some of them change their prices constantly. Mystic Gwen is another that does this. I find it very shady & try to stay away from keen for this reason.
True, but I was never aware they can change their prices right before the call connects. Maybe it's some loophole she found because even the recording lets you know how much per min you are about to pay right before it tells you to introduce yourself.

Offline Pisces2020

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 12:05:44 AM »
@Law1974 @HornetKick
Yeah I called them ASAP and they claim there’s nothing they can do except give me a $25 credit. They put me on hold forever and the lady I talked to got frustrated and said they would have let me know if the price had changed, like the voice recording you hear when you have call readings and I was like well how do you suggest they do that through chat since it wasn’t a phone call. There was no pop up messages on the chat message window or anywhere letting me know she had just changed her price. Then she shut the hell up and said there was nothing else they could do cause advisors can do that. I was like wow!! Really?!! Total scam!

Offline Pisces2020

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 12:50:50 AM »
OMG! I just realized the screenshot I took right before our chat proves she didn’t change her pricing at the time cause the chat started at the exact time the picture was taken. Check out the 2 pictures, I circled in red the times on both the screenshot I took right before the chat and the time the chat started. Both say 1:36pm. She WAS only $1.99 when I started chatting with her so she totally scammed me. I am so getting my money back from my credit card company! Well I better cause I think that’s enough proof.

Offline Natashanyc

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 01:11:10 AM »
Try to use advisors that have their own site KEEN itself is a scam to me , their customer service always sucked but I hope your cc company can dispute it

Offline Pisces2020

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 01:13:03 AM »
@Natashanyc

I don’t know of any good ones that do online and have their own site. If you know any legit ones, pls share if you can, that’d be awesome. Thanks, I hope they can too.

Offline Natashanyc

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 01:19:02 AM »
If u google a advisor usually their personal site will pop up . I can’t think of one off the top of my head that I would recommend but if I do I’ll let u know

Offline jas

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 03:02:35 AM »
Some of them change their prices constantly. Mystic Gwen is another that does this. I find it very shady & try to stay away from keen for this reason.
True, but I was never aware they can change their prices right before the call connects. Maybe it's some loophole she found because even the recording lets you know how much per min you are about to pay right before it tells you to introduce yourself.

I have to agree with what HK wrote - when you add money, even on chat, it lets you know the cost per minute. So she may have changed it just before the call/chat went through but when you go to add additional funds it lets you know the per minute cost.  I have used Keen for 12 years and never had that happen.  Hopefully it is just a one time occurence.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 03:04:29 AM by jas »

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2020, 05:17:57 AM »
I think you’re using the seemless pay option, it says it on? 😬😬😬

Did you use the “pay before chat” or the “pay after chat” option? Cause I think it’s currently clicked on the pay after chat option, which is known to charge another upfront fee first then return the remaining balance a few business day later... but there’s fee? From when you took the screenshot picture. (All I know is don’t ever use that option!)

Not sure if that matters... but keen could justify that on their end for not giving you the remaining balance. At least right away
This doesn't sound right and that is not how it works entirely. Keen doesn't charge an additional fee on top of the per min charge. I've used it before during a chat and then too it tells you the amount it will deduct (you are forewarned), it's not a surprise and unexpected, although it does return the remaining balance if it is unused. That is correct. It gives you a few options I believe of the amount you think you want to spend (based on the current per min rate), then after the call/chat is complete you'll be notified that you'll get the remaining amount refunded. I used the "pay before chat" option on chat, never on a call.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 05:19:44 AM by HornetKick »

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2020, 05:31:03 AM »
Yeah, that is why I believe it's a loophole that Keen knows about but hasn't done anything to punish those who know they can change their rate right before the connection. I didn't know this was a thing. I checked the first time I did this and I purchased the seamless pay in 10 min increments but rang off after 7 when I recognized the reader was crap, so I was refunded the unused portion.

Offline Pisces2020

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2020, 11:08:15 AM »
Seamless pay or not, it was only $1.99 per min when I clicked on it at 1:36pm and it even says on the first payment that the chat started at 1:36pm. It’s a scam if they change it while the chat is loading cause that takes you to a different page. I did get refunded the unused portion and that’s not what I’m arguing, it’s the fact that the rate per min was changed with no pop up messages or anything telling me it was changed to $5.99 per min. That is a scam. I’ve used seamless pay before and this is the first time this has happened.

Offline jas

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2020, 12:26:32 PM »
Well if the reader is able to change the rate just as she picks up then it is certainly unethical.  As Pink said - don't use that feature, just stay away.  Hopefully, you get your money back.

Offline marybell

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2020, 06:50:13 PM »
OMG! I just realized the screenshot I took right before our chat proves she didn’t change her pricing at the time cause the chat started at the exact time the picture was taken. Check out the 2 pictures, I circled in red the times on both the screenshot I took right before the chat and the time the chat started. Both say 1:36pm. She WAS only $1.99 when I started chatting with her so she totally scammed me. I am so getting my money back from my credit card company! Well I better cause I think that’s enough proof.
This is virtually criminal and even more so that Keen is okay with it.  Did you send the attachments that show the initial start time and price to customer service? 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 06:54:02 PM by marybell »

anything