Author Topic: Mercury Retrograde  (Read 3779 times)

beachgal214

Mercury Retrograde
« on: February 21, 2020, 03:27:47 PM »
So Mercury Retrograde is here - and I am seeking closure from a POI... I have read so much on waiting for this time to pass before having any tougher conversations... is it worth it to wait if you want to be understood?

I mean I hate to put my life on hold for this however its not exactly a pressing conversation that has to happen now.  it just needs to happen at some point.. we have been out of touch for a couple weeks anyway as it is.

Thanks!

Offline bee.23

Re: Mercury Retrograde
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 11:46:54 PM »
So Mercury Retrograde is here - and I am seeking closure from a POI... I have read so much on waiting for this time to pass before having any tougher conversations... is it worth it to wait if you want to be understood?

I mean I hate to put my life on hold for this however its not exactly a pressing conversation that has to happen now.  it just needs to happen at some point.. we have been out of touch for a couple weeks anyway as it is.

Thanks!

I would 100% wait until the retrograde is over. Retrograde is a real thing. Since the retrograde began- 2 of my best friends broke up after being in a relationship for a long time. I accidentally took both my keys and my roommates keys to work one day- and she missed her class/work. I mistakenly spilt milk all over my bosses furniture. My Roomate got shitfaced drunk and vomited all over my clothes she was wearing/and in our neighbors apartment. My mom went on a 1st date with a guy who went batshit verbally on her and kicked her out of his car so that she was stranded on the middle of the highway.  And I went on a 600$ psychic binge and cried - both of which I never, never do. The retrograde is real! It sincerely affects our emotions and our judgement! I would completely wait till after - just give it some space and time right now. And let things fall back into right alignment

Offline Cranberry88

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 08:31:02 AM »

Thanks!

I would 100% wait until the retrograde is over. Retrograde is a real thing. Since the retrograde began- 2 of my best friends broke up after being in a relationship for a long time. I accidentally took both my keys and my roommates keys to work one day- and she missed her class/work. I mistakenly spilt milk all over my bosses furniture. My Roomate got shitfaced drunk and vomited all over my clothes she was wearing/and in our neighbors apartment. My mom went on a 1st date with a guy who went batshit verbally on her and kicked her out of his car so that she was stranded on the middle of the highway.  And I went on a 600$ psychic binge and cried - both of which I never, never do. The retrograde is real! It sincerely affects our emotions and our judgement! I would completely wait till after - just give it some space and time right now. And let things fall back into right alignment

so true, my bf and i broke up too last month and i tried to fix things yesterday but it went all SHIT. I wanted to know when is this retrograde going to end ?

Offline Smiley1

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 09:03:04 AM »

Thanks!

And I thought my stuff was bad.

My ex broke up with me last mercury retrograde.  I think it’s done but i thought he might reach out this retro

pfizer

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 09:22:10 AM »
MR meant nothing to me, i will not put my life on hold because of this thing. it happens 4 times a year, we MUST get use to it anyway.
in any kind of contract i have always been super careful, i cannot put a pause botton as all other parties are waiting.
it may delay communications it may most probably create some hardwares issues but we get over them every time and we are still surviving.
so just live our lives and dont give a shxt then we will all be fine.

beachgal214

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 12:52:35 PM »
Thanks guys!  Yeah I will just see how I feel and wont base it off MR but at the same time I am in no rush.

Pink - talk will happen eventually whether he wants it or not ;) but I might just do it at a less arming time.  Hadn't realized MR effected signs different. I will look into that - thanks!

beachgal214

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 05:56:36 PM »
No worries! I will thanks! He’s not closed off to hearing from me and I won’t have to be demanding anything.  I didn’t mean to imply that from my initial post but im not sharing my situation, just looking for input on mr impact on communication and looks like a mixed bag which is good food for thought. As always I’ll use my inner guidance but appreciated all the comments!

Yaz88

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 08:05:54 PM »
No worries! I will thanks! He’s not closed off to hearing from me and I won’t have to be demanding anything.  I didn’t mean to imply that from my initial post but im not sharing my situation, just looking for input on mr impact on communication and looks like a mixed bag which is good food for thought. As always I’ll use my inner guidance but appreciated all the comments!

IMHO, for any serious talks, I’d wait for MR and the following shadow period to be over.  Communication can get jumbled, taken out of context, and just plain misunderstood during MR.  Expressing yourself and your POV to someone else can feel like your talking underwater, no matter how hard you try to make sense, or express your perspective, and even though your mouth is moving, it gets lost in translation.

During a conversation that is purposed to effectuate closure, your intention is to clearly express your thoughts, feelings, and your perspective to another person in a manner that they can comprehend and relate to.  If that wasn’t the intention, you wouldn’t bother having the conversation.  We all know that you don’t actually need to talk to someone to achieve closure, you can just drop the connection and move on.  However, when we do feel that a conversation is warranted in attempting to achieve closure, we certainly want to give it our best shot that the other person understands us.  So, to increase the probability of that, I’d wait until after Mercury goes direct and the ensuing shadow period is over.

Just the other day my POI H texted me to try and work on our friendship and mid conversation his phone must have autocorrected which caused his text to seem like it wasn’t meant for me, and for me to get all defensive thinking he meant the text for someone else.  Then he tried to explain himself, and his phone kept on autocorrecting and he kept on trying to explain himself, but each time it seemed even worse than before.  Finally, we both were on the same page and the misunderstanding based on autocorrect was cleared up.  It definitely was a classic case of MR and could have resulted in a huge blow-up since our relationship is prone to that anyway.

Offline Bostongirl

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2020, 10:58:08 PM »
I don't personally believe in all that mumbo jumbo... Think of all the people that are born during mercury retrograde. Do they all have rotten lives??? doubt it. Just like the number 13 is unlucky, walk under a ladder and put an umbrella up inside. Total BS.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2020, 11:21:51 PM »
I don't personally believe in all that mumbo jumbo... Think of all the people that are born during mercury retrograde. Do they all have rotten lives??? doubt it. Just like the number 13 is unlucky, walk under a ladder and put an umbrella up inside. Total BS.
Thank You. Totally BS!!!!!

Offline Luckystar

• Veterans
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2020, 11:28:38 PM »
Thank You. Totally BS!!!!!

As a person who has studied Astrology for over ten years, it is actually a real thing. Saying that though I really don't like when readers incorporate it in readings.

Offline Bostongirl

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2020, 11:40:30 PM »
OMG I was born during a retrograde period.... I wonder how many people on here are? we are all doomed.

Yaz88

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2020, 12:27:30 AM »
OMG I was born during a retrograde period.... I wonder how many people on here are? we are all doomed.

I, for one, never said MR was bad or negative or all doom and gloom.  It’s just a cycle.  It’s an over publicized cycle, but a cycle just the same. As MR is occurring, there are plenty of other transits occurring as well, that are personal to your natal chart and most likely have more of an effect on your day to day living.  MR is actually a great time to reflect on the past and the lessons you may have learned.  I do believe it can mess with emotion based discussions, technology, and traveling plans.  It doesn’t mean things won’t work out, there just might be a slight hitch.

Anyhow, I think astrology is just another tool in the toolbox we can use to try and make sense of our lives, our interactions with others, and the world we live in.  I don’t believe that any one astrologer can decipher your life path or say that something is a certainty, because even if a certain transit is occurring that says you’re prone to feeling a certain way or doing a certain thing, based on past experiences and free will, you may very well make a concentrated effort to act contrary to the current energies, to your benefit or your detriment. 

BG brought up MR, which means it must mean something to her as far as significance goes.  If something isn’t significant to you, or on your mind, you’re probably not going to post about it.  Since it is on her mind it will affect her differently when making this decision on whether or not to reach out to someone for closure as compared to Hornet or Boston, who think it’s mumbo jumbo.

I don’t think MR needs to be based on superstition, but more as something to consider.  Just my two cents for what it’s worth.  Peace out. ✌🏻

pfizer

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2020, 04:49:44 AM »

i do believe it's real; i observed things are more bumpy during this period of time
BUT i wont take it into any kind of consideration; life goes on with or without MR
oh man in traditional asian families; there are many many dates have different sigificances; how am i going to live my life then? lol

beachgal214

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2020, 12:55:15 PM »
Thank you all for the food for thought and discussion.

I enjoyed all of the different perspectives and its nice to get a dialogue going on this stuff for me so appreciate you taking the time to write and share yours.