Author Topic: Dating? Are you trying? Working on yourself?  (Read 1073 times)

Offline russianred

Dating? Are you trying? Working on yourself?
« on: February 09, 2020, 03:48:54 PM »
Out of curiosity, I'm wondering what our romantic lives look like at the moment.

I know many of us are in a situation (including me) where we're essentially waiting on POI.  If so, are you actively pursuing other opportunities?  Do you use apps?

Are you more just open if something "comes along" but not actively looking?

How many of us are really just focused on ourselves?

Then of course some people are dating POI.

I was trying to use a dating app (FWIW, predictions are all pretty much for the springtime) and actually had a date for tomorrow but just cancelled on him.  My heart is still so heavy with and hurting from my situation with POI (I got in a big fight with him a couple days ago where I called him selfish) and I feel it's unfair to any guys who would be making time to date me.

Offline tshine17

Re: Dating? Are you trying? Working on yourself?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 06:38:35 PM »
I have no romantic life, and I’m OK with it.

I’m working on myself and focusing on my kiddo, career, health and psychic ability. In that order. My POI led me to start calling psychics, but I’m not hell-bent on having a boyfriend. I haven’t been on any dating apps since the summer, and I’m not doing anything to actively find a man. If something came along or developed with my POI that’d be great. But, I’m finally in a position where I just want to be happy without a significant other. I want to be an awesome mom and advance my career. I don’t think I’ll ever be completely content with where I am as a mom, but things are good right now. I actually have very little interest in psychics right now. Bc I just don’t care what they have to say about a guy or my career. Whatever will happen will happen. Getting readings isn’t going to speed anything up or slow anything down. It’s just flushing money down the drain. And honestly I’m developing my own intuition/ability. For me, it’s much more powerful than asking someone else about a situation.

Offline russianred

Re: Dating? Are you trying? Working on yourself?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 10:13:13 PM »
tshine, I can definitely understand wanting to focus on yourself and especially your child.  "Getting readings isn't going to speed anything up or slow anything down" is true (although I do think that binges actually can mess with the energy and slow things down).

Anyone else?