Author Topic: Thoughts on how psychic ability works (and why contact predictions can be off)  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Caroline10

Hi all,

I have some psychic abilities (I don't read for keen or any other) and wanted to share some info with you. I'm a medium and have received messages in the forms of dreams, visions, "images in my head" and just plain knowing (in other words clairvoyance and clairsentience which you definitely know)

I've found that those that connect with the spirit world have a filter-and sometimes the filter works better than other times. It depends on the day, how tired we are, and how much energy we expend. That's why you can read with someone one day  and they're spot-on and the next time they're crap. The filter, so to speak, needs to be cleared out in order to function properly.
One thing we all notice is why some readers are great with contact, other with random details and others with outcome predictions. All readers are simply stronger in certain areas and "specialize" in those areas and in a reading you can end up with a mixed accuracy. Some things were right, some were off. So it's really important to find someone who can accurately provide exactly what you're looking for in terms of just a  contact prediction or a final outcome. I believe even the most reputable readers will "fill in the blanks" to give you info on things that sound like they're true.

A good reader won't just give you their feelings and impressions, they'll tell you if they aren't getting something. They'll also encourage you to see how your reading can help you with your own personal growth and development, and remind you that readings do change a bit depending on circumstances and chance. Basically what you're getting is the most likely outcome based on the path that the querent is on.

Here is a little example of something that happens to me: I read for a friend who wants to know absolutely everything about her mother who passed: I get "pictures" impressions, and info that just flows. I can pick up personalities, and sometimes very specific messages-or say things that they said. I try to answer everything my friend asks about, but some things I'm just not good at. My friend wanted to know who was waiting for her mom when she passed. I saw an older couple, an aunt and a little boy. I could "feel" who they were but couldn't get names. My friend really wanted those names. But if it doesn't pop up or i don't see it, it's not happening :)

Messages often come unannounced, and often they're for people I know, but sometimes they're acquaintances I last saw 20 years ago. Loved ones pass information on whatever way they can when my "psychic perception" is good. Sometimes I sense when someone needs to hear from so-and-so and I'll share whatever they send to that person. Most often "unannounced" messages come when the person really needs them (a birthday, Anniversary)

I feel honored to be able to share the messages that come forward. I have to be careful to get extra rest and eat well if I'm giving someone a reading because it takes a lot of energy to connect.

If your contact prediction isn't panning out, it could be that the reader is off with their timing, that changes make it impossible to connect with that person at that time, or that you got a bogus reading.

Here's what to watch out for in a reader:
*Over-the-top feel good readings (fairytales feel amazing, but when nothing happens the letdown is harder)

Anyone who charges too much. It's just unethical
Readers that are too "gimmicky" Sure, they can be fun, but they're usually for entertainment
Readers who blame you or get defensive when they don't get it right. No one is batting 100 and it's OK (and human) for a reader to admit they're wrong
Repeated words/phrases that could apply to anyone (hot/cold, distracted, worried about finances) you deserve something you can validate.

Offline diamondcanadian

Thank you for this!

Offline Caroline10

Also, I'm not super psychic on myself so I love getting readings!
On keen, Queen of Cups18, DruidsGlenTarot, Mysticalcraft Arriana, and Hilary80 are all great!

Offline Caroline10

You're welcome!

Offline Star_01

I think that the main reasons why contact predictions can be so off is because of multiple factors;

1) they're just plain wrong/fairytale/guesswork

2) readers may be doing your reading for you and pick up that the POI has spoken about or thought about you within the past 24 hours or couple days before and they may see or assume that they're going to reach out to you

3) contact is off, there is no timing in spirit

4) readers can mistake what they're getting. A really unrelated example, if anyone here has ever dealt with commitment phobes they'll know that some readers will say he is a waste of time he doesn't care because of the way the POI acts and behaves, but other good readers would interpet things more correct and that the person cares for you but has issues going on, so my point is a reader may see someone cares about you or thinks/talks/reminisces about you but that doesn't mean to say that they will reach out

But I honestly don't believe that someone is on a pathway to contact you and miraculously changes their mind at some point and never does it, they may put it off for time but will always contact in the end. If someone is meant to contact you, even in a year's time they will. All the readers see my most recent POI contacting me but I'm getting that awful "niggling" gut feeling again and I have reached out to him multiple times to be ignored, so I kinda need to use my logic and add up my situation.

Offline Daisy573

I will second DruidsGlenTarot as a good reader.  I read with her once recently and I thought she was a good solid tarot reader who accurately picked things up and has a good rate so easy to try out for yourself.

Offline Caroline10

Thanks for the comments. I like DruidsGlenTarot, too! Star_01 thank you for sharing your thoughts-definitely all good points to consider when getting a reading.

Offline Star_01

I think that the main reasons why contact predictions can be so off is because of multiple factors;

1) they're just plain wrong/fairytale/guesswork

2) readers may be doing your reading for you and pick up that the POI has spoken about or thought about you within the past 24 hours or couple days before and they may see or assume that they're going to reach out to you

3) contact is off, there is no timing in spirit

4) readers can mistake what they're getting. A really unrelated example, if anyone here has ever dealt with commitment phobes they'll know that some readers will say he is a waste of time he doesn't care because of the way the POI acts and behaves, but other good readers would interpet things more correct and that the person cares for you but has issues going on, so my point is a reader may see someone cares about you or thinks/talks/reminisces about you but that doesn't mean to say that they will reach out

But I honestly don't believe that someone is on a pathway to contact you and miraculously changes their mind at some point and never does it, they may put it off for time but will always contact in the end. If someone is meant to contact you, even in a year's time they will. All the readers see my most recent POI contacting me but I'm getting that awful "niggling" gut feeling again and I have reached out to him multiple times to be ignored, so I kinda need to use my logic and add up my situation.

I dont know the specifics of your situation, but you never know what is going on on their end. I reached out to my POI earlier in the year, and he didn't write back for 3 weeks. At the time I was upset, but when he did write back he explained what he was going through which made a lot of sense for the delay in response. So maybe a response is coming when you least expect it

I know that this post is a little old and for some reason I never saw it until now, but you're right. Men have a habit of popping their heads up weeks or months later. This summer was awful for it, I was getting it happen for weeks. Unfortunately I haven't heard from the POI in months now though and my intuition on this doesn't seem right. I reached out a few times to him but he never responded so I have no choice to take face value his actions and move on. But thanks for your response and I'm glad you heard back from him.

anything