Author Topic: Confused. Do you call out a psychic or do you let it go?  (Read 1847 times)

Offline supreME19

Confused. Do you call out a psychic or do you let it go?
« on: July 03, 2019, 03:22:56 AM »
Very confused on what to do.

Background:
I've done my fair share of psychic readings in my life.  In recent months I have found Etsy readers (its a blessing and a curse all at the same time).  I found a reader through this forum and initially ordered 1.  It was sent via mp3, and it resonated.  In turn, I bought 2 more.  Nothing that asked for a POI.  It was more for self-improvement and self-growth.

I prefer reading it, so I transcribed it from the mp3. Needless to say, I had to listen to it A LOT to get down all the words.

Which brings me to the issue.  I bought one more reading about self-care (a completely different read but same reader).  And upon hearing this reading, the reader said things that was said in previous readings.  Verbatim. Not words.  Not sentences.  But ENTIRE PARAGRAPHS.

which leads me to believe that all her readings are scripted. I want to say something to her, however, she comes with high reviews and I don't want to mess up their business. On the other hand, I think its very misleading and wrong. Although I want to believe the things that resonated, I don't believe any of the stuff that they have to say.

What would you do?

Offline alphabetsoup

Re: Confused. Do you call out a psychic or do you let it go?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 03:28:29 AM »
I'd ask for a refund and point out it's scripted.

josh34

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 04:58:47 AM »

Background:
I've done my fair share of psychic readings in my life.  In recent months I have found Etsy readers (its a blessing and a curse all at the same time).  I found a reader through this forum and initially ordered 1.  It was sent via mp3, and it resonated.  In turn, I bought 2 more.  Nothing that asked for a POI.  It was more for self-improvement and self-growth.

I prefer reading it, so I transcribed it from the mp3. Needless to say, I had to listen to it A LOT to get down all the words.

Which brings me to the issue.  I bought one more reading about self-care (a completely different read but same reader).  And upon hearing this reading, the reader said things that was said in previous readings.  Verbatim. Not words.  Not sentences.  But ENTIRE PARAGRAPHS.

which leads me to believe that all her readings are scripted. I want to say something to her, however, she comes with high reviews and I don't want to mess up their business. On the other hand, I think its very misleading and wrong. Although I want to believe the things that resonated, I don't believe any of the stuff that they have to say.

What would you do?

Oh, I'd shame her publically, and leave her a horrible review. Regardless of any gift she may have (which I really doubt by what you're saying here...) she's bullshitting her services and is sending the same person the same thing. That's not okay. Even if she were real, this is very scummy and not okay. I would report her, as well.

Offline Ninacy

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 07:56:10 AM »
I am an advocate for ZERO TOLERANCE FOR FAKE SCRIPTED READERS. I would personally take the risk and expose her by leaving a negative review and even copy and paste a part of her scripted paragraphs. I have seen ETSY ban sellers immediately after they get at least three negative reviews or reports in a row. There are though some psychics that create new accounts and trick new and old members until they are finally exposed as they are.

Please don't let this pass by...

Offline supreME19

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 10:34:40 PM »
Update:

I took the advice of @alphabetsoup and messaged her. I don't like confrontation at all, so this was rather hard.  I tried to make the letter non-accusational and chalking it up to a possible misunderstanding.

Their response was: "When you have multiple readings within a short space of time, the same Tarot cards come up, I explain the same Tarot cards exactly the same way, as there’s no other way to describe them! My readings are certainly NOT scripted!"

I'm not sure how to take in what was said.  I also know that no reader will ever say "Yes, it was all scripted. I'm scamming yo' ass."  I do know that I'm just going to leave it at that.  I've said my piece.

Also, I do agree with @Fluttershy in regards to about the consequences of lashing out.  It is something that I am actively working on but its sooo hard!     

Plus, I don't want a hex/spell placed on me. That was honestly the reason why I didn't want to run in with guns blazing.  8)

Offline supreME19

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 10:59:33 PM »
Nope. To be fair, I didn't ask.

Asking for a refund was dependent on how she answered.  I felt if they were defensive, then I would have asked for the refund. 

josh34

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 11:28:56 PM »
Update:

I took the advice of @alphabetsoup and messaged her. I don't like confrontation at all, so this was rather hard.  I tried to make the letter non-accusational and chalking it up to a possible misunderstanding.

Their response was: "When you have multiple readings within a short space of time, the same Tarot cards come up, I explain the same Tarot cards exactly the same way, as there’s no other way to describe them! My readings are certainly NOT scripted!"

I'm not sure how to take in what was said.  I also know that no reader will ever say "Yes, it was all scripted. I'm scamming yo' ass."  I do know that I'm just going to leave it at that.  I've said my piece.

Also, I do agree with @Fluttershy in regards to about the consequences of lashing out.  It is something that I am actively working on but its sooo hard!     

Plus, I don't want a hex/spell placed on me. That was honestly the reason why I didn't want to run in with guns blazing.  8)

Well she sounds super scummy. That kind of reply is something a fraud would say. You didn't accuse, you were just trying to understand. Either way, whether she's a fraud or not, she's stealing peoples' money, then copy and pasting a pre-written responses. That's not accurate, that's not using any abilities. That's 100% scummy and taking advantage of people, stealing their money.

I know you don't like confrontation, but you, (or you should get someone else if you're uncomfortable doing so... hell I'd even offer to do it, if that's possible... I don't know how Etsy works...) but someone NEEDS to report this asshole, if she's scamming people out of their money. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's fake psychics scamming people, and taking their money, by getting them to believe something false, causing them psychological traumatic damage. This person is scum. She needs to be reported, regardless.

Maybe you should report it to Etsy. I don't think she'd even know who did it. You should also compare notes to those who have left reviews for similarities. This asshole should NOT be doing this. She's the absolute worst of humanity and is stealing money, causing people psychological trauma. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 11:31:19 PM by josh34 »

Offline Natashanyc

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 12:52:52 AM »
If I was scammed I would call out whoever scammed me so that future clients don’t fall victim. Imagine if u read of real reviews of ppl being scammed, u would most likely stay away from said psychic...

Offline alphabetsoup

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2019, 01:54:57 PM »
If she's just a card reader then the cards will have the same meanings.  If she's psychic, the same cards will have a different meaning because it's a different situation.  If she's advertising herself as "psychic" I'd still want a refund.
Also, I think you should call her out here so the more diligent psychic users don't make the same mistake.

Offline laoch

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2019, 02:58:09 PM »

Background:

What would you do?

Which Etsy reader was it? You can ok.me too, I tried to send you one earlier but don't know if you have received it.

Also what readers would you recommend?

anything