Author Topic: Deleting my dating apps  (Read 3912 times)

Offline happyk

Re: Deleting my dating apps
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2019, 03:56:56 AM »
Sorry, Fidget. It's so hard these days. I'm glad you were in a public place, I hope you called the cops on that guy? I was once dumped by a guy, he left with another guy while on a date with me lol...fml actually.

Excellent idea! Let's knit and collect cats and die alone. I just turned 32 and I'm freaking the f out. Both my last POI, I met online, no more. Yona and Color even told me this won't be online. Effie, Shawn, Cookie also hinted meeting someone in person. Mattie said I might look into a marriage bureau, I did and poked my eyes out...it could cost seeing 5k lol. Anyways, girls I'm here and down to start knitting.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 04:00:53 AM »
Its so sad because I know many ppl who have gotten married from online dating - including my sister and my other sister was engaged....

But from my end its like these guys have a disease called INCONSISTANOPATHY

Offline happyk

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2019, 04:35:38 AM »
https://youtu.be/Yh7-ylESSOg

ladya

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2019, 01:14:46 PM »

I don’t like him.

Offline happyk

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2019, 02:03:10 PM »

I don’t like him.

I'm a sucker for him.

Offline sparky

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2019, 03:05:54 PM »
As a guy, the online dating scene sucks and I wonder why I am even trying it.  Most of the girls are very hesitant for very valid reasons.  I wouldn't want to be getting a bunch of dick pics all the time if I was in your shoes either.  I think the main thing is that chivalry is dying off and online dating has showed how bad it is going away.  The worst of it is the guys that actually want to date and meet someone get lost with all the dicks out there.  So it gets nerve racking and makes them want to quit as well.  Just making the problem worse.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2019, 03:23:12 PM »
As a guy, the online dating scene sucks and I wonder why I am even trying it.  Most of the girls are very hesitant for very valid reasons.  I wouldn't want to be getting a bunch of dick pics all the time if I was in your shoes either.  I think the main thing is that chivalry is dying off and online dating has showed how bad it is going away.  The worst of it is the guys that actually want to date and meet someone get lost with all the dicks out there.  So it gets nerve racking and makes them want to quit as well.  Just making the problem worse.

So glad to see a guy's perspective on this! I just question all the time why are guys suck dicks on these apps? Its just insane. It messes it up for everyone and clearly has a ripple affect on decent guys like you

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2019, 03:25:47 PM »
I was never into dating apps and the like...I would rather meet someone in person, as old fashioned as that sounds.  Although, I have heard some success stories, so I guess it's luck of the draw..but overall, not really for me.

So many skeeveballs on those sites, married men looking for flings, disgusting.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 03:31:54 PM by sawthelight »

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2019, 03:39:44 PM »
The problem with dating apps/online dating is that people don't stay with it long enough. With this option of dating, you really have to go through 100 or more frogs until a good one comes along. And eventually you do meet face to face. Dating online is no different than meeting someone in person because that person can be lying to you just like an online person. I've heard some horror stories and some success stories. There are a lot more people online in this day and age, so it stands to reason you'll meet more people than you would the traditional face2face way. You just have to give it time to see what transpires, plus keep an open mind and date....a lot.

Offline sparky

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2019, 04:01:22 PM »
The problem with dating apps/online dating is that people don't stay with it long enough. With this option of dating, you really have to go through 100 or more frogs until a good one comes along. And eventually you do meet face to face. Dating online is no different than meeting someone in person because that person can be lying to you just like an online person. I've heard some horror stories and some success stories. There are a lot more people online in this day and age, so it stands to reason you'll meet more people than you would the traditional face2face way. You just have to give it time to see what transpires, plus keep an open mind and date....a lot.

Hornet does have a point as a lot of people do give it up quick but I don't blame them for doing so with how crappy it can be.  At least with meeting some one the old fashion way in person has a the potential to weed out a lot of the people you have no common interests in.  Where as in the online dating world it can be a free for all.

One thing I heard and would like to see more stats on it is that I believe online dating isn't a long term solution.  Yes they can get married but I don't think it is the 50 years like you hear about like my grandparents or my parents.  Not sure if that is because the relationship started as more of a custom order sort of thing online compared to the old fashion way.  Maybe morals have changed so much that really long term committed relationships are a thing of the past.  I would really love to see how many of the online relationships that resulted in marriage get to 50 years.  It will be quite awhile before a stat like that will ever be concluded since online dating is what 20 maybe 30 years old if you include that video dating back in the 80's and early 90's.  I would though like to see that stat of how many online dating relationships actually resulted in a long marriage and not a divorce in a few years.  You know those sites and apps will never tell you that info.

So glad to see a guy's perspective on this! I just question all the time why are guys suck dicks on these apps? Its just insane. It messes it up for everyone and clearly has a ripple affect on decent guys like you

It's actually quite simple.  It is because they know they can get away with it and have no repercussions of it.  If they did that in public it would be jail time for indecent exposure or some other kind of law breaking.  So they send it and the girl gets upset and never talked to them.  They don't care and if a girl responds then great.  They got the attention they wanted.

Lovefash67

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2019, 04:25:57 PM »
I honestly believe when it comes to dating apps that I’m lazy and I also never really see guys that I find attractive so I downloaded it go on it for a couple of hours and then I deleted it for weeks and then re download it . A few years ago I actually met a guy on a dating app and we were together for like 6 months and I know a couple of people who have met their bf on the dating apps but at this point in my life I prefer to meet someone in person rather than on the apps

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2019, 04:29:48 PM »
I agree with Hornet as well.

@sparky - for the sentence in bold, I kinda thought it would be easier to weed out common interests online than in person lol...I use that filter feature lol!- but I do see what you are saying though...like in really life, if Im attending basketball games, most likely I can meet a guy with a common interest that likes basketball too...so I get it

Hornet does have a point as a lot of people do give it up quick but I don't blame them for doing so with how crappy it can be. At least with meeting some one the old fashion way in person has a the potential to weed out a lot of the people you have no common interests in.  Where as in the online dating world it can be a free for all.

One thing I heard and would like to see more stats on it is that I believe online dating isn't a long term solution.  Yes they can get married but I don't think it is the 50 years like you hear about like my grandparents or my parents.  Not sure if that is because the relationship started as more of a custom order sort of thing online compared to the old fashion way.  Maybe morals have changed so much that really long term committed relationships are a thing of the past.  I would really love to see how many of the online relationships that resulted in marriage get to 50 years.  It will be quite awhile before a stat like that will ever be concluded since online dating is what 20 maybe 30 years old if you include that video dating back in the 80's and early 90's.  I would though like to see that stat of how many online dating relationships actually resulted in a long marriage and not a divorce in a few years.  You know those sites and apps will never tell you that info.

It's actually quite simple.  It is because they know they can get away with it and have no repercussions of it.  If they did that in public it would be jail time for indecent exposure or some other kind of law breaking.  So they send it and the girl gets upset and never talked to them.  They don't care and if a girl responds then great.  They got the attention they wanted.

Offline Sparkle002

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2019, 05:00:32 PM »
I was never into dating apps and the like...I would rather meet someone in person, as old fashioned as that sounds.  Although, I have heard some success stories, so I guess it's luck of the draw..but overall, not really for me.

Yep but the same thing happens in real life too...its just a cluster of them together on the site rather than meeting a man randomly in person. Think about it, meeting someone in person (with no connections to anyone you know) is just the same

Its like the Personals section in a Newspaper from like 1992 LOL with no pic

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2019, 05:31:01 PM »

Yep but the same thing happens in real life too...its just a cluster of them together on the site rather than meeting a man randomly in person. Think about it, meeting someone in person (with no connections to anyone you know) is just the same

HAHA!  True!  I remember years ago, I was dating this guy, and we were hanging out with his friend, who was supposed to meet up with someone he met in the "personals" section and I remember thinking wow how weird lol.

Offline sparky

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2019, 05:55:32 PM »

HAHA!  True!  I remember years ago, I was dating this guy, and we were hanging out with his friend, who was supposed to meet up with someone he met in the "personals" section and I remember thinking wow how weird lol.

Saw I think that is the first time I have heard of anyone actually witnessing someone use the "personals" section.  Didn't craigslist become the "personals" section when the internet kicked off?  Funny how things have transitioned. I know with my grandparents it was mostly church where everyone met.  It just seems like the medium changes.

I just think the downside with online dating is that yes you can filter out the bad ones.  But they might have you in their list and still message you.  Where as the old fashion way you can at least have some what of a common interest.  Because if you do go to a event.  It is less likely someone that doesn't have that interest to go to that same event causing them to talk to you. Where online even if they are not interested in the same things they can still message you regardless of your filter.  Not saying that can't be a bad thing.  It also allows you to meet outside of your normal circle which can be good.  I know some filters can block messages from getting to you but those filters are pretty basic from what I saw.