Author Topic: Deleting my dating apps  (Read 3861 times)

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
Deleting my dating apps
« on: June 17, 2019, 09:38:47 PM »
Every guy I meet is a dick or looking for a hookup. Some are out and out rude.

Cookie told me, “stop obsessing, let go, date blah blah blah.”

I don’t want to date anymore assholes and I can do bad all by myself.

I can also stop obsessing by myself and whatever happens happens and whatever doesn’t doesn’t.

But I’m done with these sites.

Sorry, rant over. I needed to get that out.

Offline Sparkle002

Re: Deleting my dating apps
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 11:06:29 PM »
I did too because Cookie said I won’t have success with online dating and the guy I’m meant to be with i meet in person. I’ll believe the oracle. The guys online are POS anyway!

Offline happyk

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 11:24:09 PM »
It seems like it's a trend for these men these days to not to commit. I wonder what they want to accomplish in life. I see men in their 40s not wanting to commit like wtf are you actually looking for? I'm done with online dating and so now looks like I'm gonna die alone too.

Offline diamondcanadian

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 11:36:22 PM »
It seems like it's a trend for these men these days to not to commit. I wonder what they want to accomplish in life. I see men in their 40s not wanting to commit like wtf are you actually looking for? I'm done with online dating and so now looks like I'm gonna die alone too.

Let’s die alone together as I feel the same and I’m 30 lol

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 11:39:33 PM »

I actually got attacked by a guy online, in broad daylight. Never again.

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 11:51:42 PM »
Online dating is THE WORST. Let go, focus on yourself and allow something to come about naturally.

Offline diamondcanadian

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 11:52:32 PM »

Oh god !! That’s awful I’m so sorry . I’ve had some bad experiences too that have put me off for life

I just want to find the one , settle down, marry and have kids .

Offline Beesa

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 02:37:07 AM »
I met my second husband on a dating app and he was a good man.
He just was boring and we didn't have much in common over the longterm and that's why we didn't work out but he was a good guy from the start and not used to the dating apps either. There are some guys like that out there, you just gotta trust your gut.
Not all people on dating apps are bad but the trick I've found is to give yourself a small window of time to do it. I was giving myself 4 months online to try it and I met him 2 months in. If he hadn't shown up, I would have cut out of there. Online dating numbs people and it becomes a numbers game to them especially the males unfortunately. They become very nasty and fancy themselves players so douchebaggery becomes commonplace.
Trust your instincts. 

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 03:10:53 AM »
I met my second husband on a dating app and he was a good man.
He just was boring and we didn't have much in common over the longterm and that's why we didn't work out but he was a good guy from the start and not used to the dating apps either. There are some guys like that out there, you just gotta trust your gut.
Not all people on dating apps are bad but the trick I've found is to give yourself a small window of time to do it. I was giving myself 4 months online to try it and I met him 2 months in. If he hadn't shown up, I would have cut out of there. Online dating numbs people and it becomes a numbers game to them especially the males unfortunately. They become very nasty and fancy themselves players so douchebaggery becomes commonplace.
Trust your instincts.

You’re absolutely right and I shouldn’t paint everyone with a broad brush. I guess I was just disappointed cause 1 I met my last loser online and 2 I feel like everyone just wants to have sex with me. I am a whole person, not just a vagina lol.

Maybe I need to try quality sites.

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 03:13:00 AM »

Omg, Fidget!!!!!

That is awful. I’m sorry that happened and am beyond thrilled you’re safe.

I hope mentally you were able to heal, I was attacked before myself and that was the worst part for me.

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 03:14:10 AM »

The 40 year olds want the 20 year olds. So do the 30 year olds. We should all join a club and knit and collect cats together.

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 03:21:18 AM »
Online dating is THE WORST. Let go, focus on yourself and allow something to come about naturally.

Thank you! That’s excellent advice.

Hopefully the next guy I meet is at work, or in a class or something meaningful.

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2019, 03:25:59 AM »

Omg, Fidget!!!!!

I hope mentally you were able to heal, I was attacked before myself and that was the worst part for me.

Don't worry, I wasn't raped or anything. He just grabbed me inappropriately and attempted to restrain me. All in a public place in broad daylight. I got him off me and he attempted to follow me home, but I pulled behind a cop so he turned around and left. Creepiest experience.

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 03:32:09 AM »

Omg, Fidget!!!!!

Don't worry, I wasn't raped or anything. He just grabbed me inappropriately and attempted to restrain me. All in a public place in broad daylight. I got him off me and he attempted to follow me home, but I pulled behind a cop so he turned around and left. Creepiest experience.

I’m glad you were able to get away and that cop was there.

Offline SomethingBetter

• Veterans
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2019, 03:34:54 AM »
So in the past few days I’ve had to delete/block like 5 guys.

One was mad that I didn’t text him all day, (during the day), he said communication was a two way street and I was a little girl.

Ummmm fool, I have a J.O.B. I couldn’t text your trifling ass.

I blocked him. I have a career to attend to and can’t be effing around. And I don’t want to deal with control freaks.

Ugh