Author Topic: I have a problem....  (Read 2523 times)

Offline Carmella720

I have a problem....
« on: February 26, 2019, 03:38:14 PM »
Hi everyone,

First time posting here.

I honestly think I have an addiction. I go on binges though. I wont call any psychics for months then BOOM, here I am 400$ deep into multiple readings the last 24 hours. Four different advisors and EVERY SINGLE ONE had something different to say. I think thats why when i call I "Binge". I feel like if I called and one said something and then the next one I called was at least similar I wouldn't keep seeking more and more.

the only platform i use is Best Psychic Directory and every single advisor last night said something completeeeellyyyy different.
How do i break this addiction? These were not all relationship readings either, I did ask about my husband but mostly about moving, and every person got the timing different, the state/location.
I hate this... sorry had to vent  :-[

Offline Carmella720

Re: I have a problem....
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 04:00:19 PM »
Hi!
Thank you for responding.

The Anxiety issue you speak of is REAL. I have anxiety in real life lol, not even when it comes to psychics so I can most definitely see how they go hand and hand.

I told my husband about it... He was upset.. I told him when I went on my last binge about 4 months ago and spent about the same amount of money.

Blocking the site is a great idea.

I am even considering joining some type of church maybe as well.. for when I am feeling these feelings of overwhelm and frustration maybe I can have someone besides a 10/ per min psychic to BS me through.

I guess the part that bothers me the most is how one can say...you will be moving in 3 months... the next one says.. No way moving is SO not happening right now and maybe not for another 18 months at the least, the third said in the summer, and the last said in a year from now.

LOL WHEWWW now I see where my anxiety gets wrapped up in this.. does this happen to everyone else?
Do you just end up doing what you want and going with your own gut?

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 04:16:47 PM »
Hi Carmella, first don't be ashamed. I can guarantee that many, many people reading your post feel the same way and have done the same things.

I have been in your spot and here's what I did to break that cycle:

1. I started keeping transcripts of old readings. When I felt like I wanted to get a reading with someone, I would go back through these transcripts and it helped keep me from getting another one. I could either see: A) Nothing they said came true or B) I still have some predictions pending and should wait it out longer.

2. I started keeping track of when I was most likely to go call a bunch of psychics. That means A) Keeping track of patterns. When was I doing this mostly? Nights, weekends? (For me, it's weekend nights.) B) Any triggers for it. Did something happen that was driving me to do this? (For me, it's fear. Usually triggered by silence from my ex.)

3. Once I had figured out some of what was triggering me, and likely times that I might want to do that, I started filling up those times with activities. I took up knitting. I set a goal to watch a series of documentaries that were absorbing. I bought 20 books about some subject that interests me and would read them religiously at night and especially weekend evenings.

4. Taking a break from readings, along with other people on this forum that are also on break and can support each other.

More than anything else, identifying my triggers so that I could KNOW that I am being triggered and make a different choice, along with keeping myself busy during those trigger times, helped me break that cycle. Now I get readings maybe once every 4-6 months.

I wish you good luck. You can do it.

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 04:34:29 PM »
One other thing that has helped -- I've always done budgeting through basic spreadsheets, but I knew it wasn't the best way to do it. Last year I switched to YNAB (You Need A Budget) and it's changed my entire financial landscape, and has made it MUCH easier for me to see, in real-time, what I'm spending on various things in my life. That in turn has helped me make better choices between my own priorities.

Offline Carmella720

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 04:54:05 PM »
Thank you all so much for responding.

I am actually sitting here crying because of all the up and down emotions I have been through.
Y
ou think I would have learned my lesson when back in the summer I had a reading with someone on CLick4 and was telling them about how my mom is sick (she has cancer) and that person told me they were sad to say she didnt have much but a few months left. I literally stewed in anxiety and panic for months until I started seeking therapy.

My therapist isnt 100% aware about my psychic addiction issues but I am going to start to open up to her about this.

The finance thing is whats awful too.. I just realized I could get a total spent on CLICK4.. and my total since 2017 is 5000.00$ I feel sick. And honestly out of all this money and readings maybe a total of 4 things out of the thousands of dollars and word spoken have come true.

I feel like an idiot, yet I am STILL questioning myself.
ugh...

Offline Carmella720

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 04:55:23 PM »
It may help to write down all the things readers have told you so you can actually see it on a page. It used to just swirl around in my thoughts all the time. That's why I started taking notes of what they said during and after calls. It is different than recording and listening over again because it makes it more objective. You can just look more at the information they give rather than being caught up in how it affects your emotions. A lot of times I thought a reading made sense and it made me feel better. But when I read my notes later it was just total BS, vague comments and nothing practical. I believe taking notes probably helped me more than anything because it showed me how little practical information I got from readings. I had to think about how much I spent and if I had known this is what the result would be, would I have paid that much for it. In most cases no I would not.

YES. I actually can see exactly where you are coming from and how you could feel better etc.. then looking back like.. oh wow that was just generic. I have noticed this!

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 04:56:13 PM »
Don't beat yourself up too much. You did something in a moment of genuine need. You aren't the first person to do this and you won't be the last.

What's important is focusing on what you're going to do differently going forward. Knowledge and awareness of where you are and how that's different from where you want to be is a really important step and that's exactly where you are. Take a minute to feel bad and then make a better plan. You can do it.

Offline Snow-white8

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 05:46:24 PM »
Hi Carmella, first don't be ashamed. I can guarantee that many, many people reading your post feel the same way and have done the same things.

I have been in your spot and here's what I did to break that cycle:

1. I started keeping transcripts of old readings. When I felt like I wanted to get a reading with someone, I would go back through these transcripts and it helped keep me from getting another one. I could either see: A) Nothing they said came true or B) I still have some predictions pending and should wait it out longer.

2. I started keeping track of when I was most likely to go call a bunch of psychics. That means A) Keeping track of patterns. When was I doing this mostly? Nights, weekends? (For me, it's weekend nights.) B) Any triggers for it. Did something happen that was driving me to do this? (For me, it's fear. Usually triggered by silence from my ex.)

3. Once I had figured out some of what was triggering me, and likely times that I might want to do that, I started filling up those times with activities. I took up knitting. I set a goal to watch a series of documentaries that were absorbing. I bought 20 books about some subject that interests me and would read them religiously at night and especially weekend evenings.

4. Taking a break from readings, along with other people on this forum that are also on break and can support each other.

More than anything else, identifying my triggers so that I could KNOW that I am being triggered and make a different choice, along with keeping myself busy during those trigger times, helped me break that cycle. Now I get readings maybe once every 4-6 months.

I wish you good luck. You can do it.

Excellent post journalmuse.

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 12:54:49 PM »
Lol! Me too! Different app games now consume my life. Still better than wasting money on something that is out of my control.  :)

Offline journalmuse

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 01:37:48 PM »
Well now I’m curious. Which ones do y’all play? I mostly play a really dumb Family Guy one but it’s vwey entertaining.

Offline Fidget1028

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 02:05:44 PM »
Cookie Jam and various card games like Spider solitaire. There are so many.

anything