Author Topic: Home for the holidays. Not.  (Read 5079 times)

Offline psychic girls

Re: Home for the holidays. Not.
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 05:48:26 PM »
This may or may not help you but sometimes when I have a yes or no type question, I use a Tarot card app on my phone and I pick one card. If it's reversed, it's a no, upright, it's a yes. I've gotten more familiar with the cards and now I can do three cards and actually consider their meanings but I found not only was it more accurate than what the psychics said, it was more accurate than 50/50. Almost always correct, in fact. I think that since it's an app, that maybe the universe can work with it more easily than physical cards. When I use physical cards, it's never as good. I still end up calling psychics, especially when I didn't like the answer the app gave me, but it's saved me a few bucks here and there when I felt it was sufficient enough. You also don't get all the extra fluff that they give you that always seems to lead to more questions.
interesting  how it does work? So if I keep asking the same question will I get the same results from the tarot cards? Or is it just an Random tarot cards Generator?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 06:27:39 PM by psychic girls »

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2018, 07:55:01 PM »
This may or may not help you but sometimes when I have a yes or no type question, I use a Tarot card app on my phone and I pick one card. If it's reversed, it's a no, upright, it's a yes. I've gotten more familiar with the cards and now I can do three cards and actually consider their meanings but I found not only was it more accurate than what the psychics said, it was more accurate than 50/50. Almost always correct, in fact. I think that since it's an app, that maybe the universe can work with it more easily than physical cards. When I use physical cards, it's never as good. I still end up calling psychics, especially when I didn't like the answer the app gave me, but it's saved me a few bucks here and there when I felt it was sufficient enough. You also don't get all the extra fluff that they give you that always seems to lead to more questions.

Which app do u use?

It's called 'Tarot!' and it's by Fools Dog. They have a ton of Tarot apps that are all very similar but different types of decks. The one I have is just a basic Rider Waite.

I got the app, do you choose ‘new reading’ when you’re asking your question or do you choose ‘draw a card’ or does it even matter?

Offline sjm1986

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2018, 09:53:31 PM »
Psychic girls- Well, the thing with Tarot (and psychic readings as well) is that if you ask the same question more than once, it'll start giving you gibberish. So even if it's working for you and you have a good connection, if you ask multiple times, you'll ruin the whole thing. If you go into it with the mindset that you're respectfully asking the universe or God or whomever, then you get accurate responses. If you treat it like it's a dumb magic 8 ball, it'll treat you like it's a dumb magic 8 ball. Just ask once and see what happens then leave it at that. This particular app saves all your readings so you can check back later and see if it was correct. That's how I figured out that it was accurate for me. I felt like it wasn't, but I checked through it and saw things from a year ago that were on point. I just didn't feel it at the time. My thoughts on how it works is the same as regular Tarot cards except with less interference. Without going into a metaphysical debate, randomness is more the universe than anything. The universe can work with something random and organize it much more easily than it can change someone's mind or something that has been going down a certain path or picked up a lot of momentum in one direction. So I figure the more random, the better since it's easier for the universe to rearrange things. But I've had it answer with the exact same response to the same question, a couple weeks later after I'd used it for multiple other things and hadn't gotten those cards except only when I asked that question. It'll also make a lot of sense for the situation, too. And I don't enter my question or anything because I worry that it sets up some sort of algorithm. So I just keep my question in my head while I metaphorically shuffle. It was less accurate at first until I got the hang of it but it was probably just because I was treating it like a dumb Tarot app. Seeing it as a communication device with your guides really opens it up to more possibilities.

Hillcam- I prefer to choose new reading and I do a free form spread every time, regardless of how many cards I'm drawing. Only because I like to metaphorically shuffle the cards and go through that process more as just a ritual and I choose free form spread so I know the answer is in the form that I work with as opposed to whatever preset form was part of that spread. But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't make much difference either way, except that I subconsciously think that it does and therefore it does lol.

Offline Hillcam

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2018, 10:17:07 PM »
Hillcam- I prefer to choose new reading and I do a free form spread every time, regardless of how many cards I'm drawing. Only because I like to metaphorically shuffle the cards and go through that process more as just a ritual and I choose free form spread so I know the answer is in the form that I work with as opposed to whatever preset form was part of that spread. But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't make much difference either way, except that I subconsciously think that it does and therefore it does lol.

Thank you!