Author Topic: Opinion...  (Read 5348 times)

Offline sawthelight

Opinion...
« on: September 28, 2018, 01:36:22 PM »
So I had a reading last night against my better judgment lol..

I was curious about the guy that I was talking to over the summer that I've cut off..I was wondering how he felt etc..

I chose this reader on Purple Ocean, ..and the reading was ok, I think she got the present right and then she goes on to say that she sees good things coming up, that he is having all these personal issues..and then at the very end, she says "but I see him cheating on you if you end up with him and there's no doubt about that" etc..so I was kind of like huh?  I mean at the end of the day, I don't care much about what happens with this guy even though I still like him, and I'm not banking on ending up with him even, but to tack that on at the last few second of the video was weird.

Then she says in the follow up messages about burn candles to keep him faithful and you might want to try this to stop him from cheating? LMAO

My question  is, do you think this was a scam?  I even asked a few follow up questions to see if she was going to try to "offer" me more services which would have been a dead giveaway, but she never replied to the messages.

I'm pretty sure she was just fear mongering or just trying to sell more services but I'm curious what you guys think :/

So mad at myself for getting a reading in the first place LOL

« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 07:02:49 PM by sawthelight »

Offline sawthelight

Re: Opinion...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 04:03:15 PM »
true, I just need to stop with the readings all together and remind me that none of the good or bad things they "predict" usually happen LOL.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 10:56:01 PM »
Definitely a scam...he's gonna cheat on you so buy these candles and stuff to prevent it? Yea...total scam. Don't even think about it twice.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 12:17:44 AM »
Definitely a scam...he's gonna cheat on you so buy these candles and stuff to prevent it? Yea...total scam. Don't even think about it twice.

Lol yesss I was bothered by it ughhh. These psychics can really do a number on u. It was like she clicked off the video for a sec after saying good things for the most part, then she says when she comes back. But I can’t tell you he will cheat and shows me two cards. She could have picked those cards purposely lol

She didn’t offer to sell them but I know what she’s getting at. She even says in her intro video if you hear something you don’t like you can change it.

Offline jas

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 12:19:41 AM »
Was she just advising you to buy some candles on your own and burn them or was she suggesting that you pay her to burn the candles?  Sorry, I am not clear on which it was.

Offline jas

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 12:22:05 AM »
Okay, so she did want you to pay her for the service.....yikes! 

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 12:29:01 AM »
Was she just advising you to buy some candles on your own and burn them or was she suggesting that you pay her to burn the candles?  Sorry, I am not clear on which it was.

She didn’t specify just said her culture uses a candle to keep a man faithful. When I asked her about it, she never replied. Cd be she’s not allowed to sell those type of services on purple ocean.

Offline marybell

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 01:10:39 AM »
So I had a reading last night against my better judgment lol..

I was curious about the guy that I was talking to over the summer that I've cut off..I was wondering how he felt etc..

I chose this reader on Purple Ocean, ..and the reading was ok, I think she got the present right and then she goes on to say that she sees good things coming up, that he is having all these personal issues..and then at the very end, she says "but I see him cheating on you if you end up with him and there's no doubt about that" etc..so I was kind of like huh?  I mean at the end of the day, I don't care much about what happens with this guy even though I still like him, and I'm not banking on ending up with him even, but to tack that on at the last few second of the video was weird.

Then she says in the follow up messages about burn candles to keep him faithful and you might want to try this to stop him from cheating? LMAO

My question  is, do you think this was a scam?  I even asked a few follow up questions to see if she was going to try to "offer" me more services which would have been a dead giveaway, but she never replied to the messages.

I'm pretty sure she was just fear mongering or just trying to sell more services but I'm curious what you guys think :/

So mad at myself for getting a reading in the first place LOL
The scam was probably about getting you to call her back to hear more about his cheating.  Maybe telling you to  light a candle was intended to make you even more anxious so that you would call her.  If she was selling candles , she probably would have answered your messages.

Offline Dreamer23

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 04:07:26 PM »
No candle is going to keep a man faithful. It's definitely a tactic, to put some fear in you and make you wonder. It sucks cause now you will be thinking about this, I would say try your best to get it out of your head. She can't know that he's gonna cheat...nobody knows the future. This is all such a manipulation and it's making me so angry seeing that there are psychics who continue to do this.

Offline sawthelight

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 05:52:24 PM »
No candle is going to keep a man faithful. It's definitely a tactic, to put some fear in you and make you wonder. It sucks cause now you will be thinking about this, I would say try your best to get it out of your head. She can't know that he's gonna cheat...nobody knows the future. This is all such a manipulation and it's making me so angry seeing that there are psychics who continue to do this.

I know I’m kind of laughing about it now lol. Thanks so much for the support
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 01:17:19 AM by sawthelight »

Offline star1

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 05:53:25 PM »
I agree with Dreamer and the others. Sounds very bloody odd to me. "Burn a candle to keep him faithful"?? If he's gonna cheat, he's gonna cheat. She sounds like a fake and it's not very nice of her to worry you like that and persuade you to burn a candle to prevent that. It's such a shame to see so many psychics - not all - exploiting people's vulnerabilities.

Offline Heather

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 11:48:18 PM »
I’ve pulled out some bizarre details toward the end of some readings so I know how it is. I don’t tell anybody to burn candles for anything though because I really don’t know much about all that. I think it also depends on how long the reading was for and if she felt pressured with time. Or she could have been scamming you.

I’ve never heard of a candle keeping a man faithful! Lol
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 11:52:28 PM by Heather »

Offline Sooshi

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2018, 12:08:06 AM »
It's a pretty common spell, they usually use a black penis candle. There's tons of spells to "tie a man's nature" so to speak.

Offline whit777

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 05:58:26 AM »
It's a pretty common spell, they usually use a black penis candle. There's tons of spells to "tie a man's nature" so to speak.

I'm involved with magick of this sort and that's very true.. There is such a thing as tying a man's nature. There's also ways to keep other women away from him and all sorts of other things. The bigger problem that I see with a reader suggesting it though, is that she didn't tell her how to do it at all. And I'm assuming she didn't even say it was tying his nature. If she's going to give spell advice, she needs to go all out with it. It's all a really involved process. The other thing is that this type of thing takes a good amount of experience and commitment to the particular craft or religion that you're subscribing to. It's possible to be successful the first time but it's not likely. Especially not with something like this. Usually drawing in a job or a new date or something like that is what people start with and have success. Even in Hoodoo though, and other folk magick traditions, the most experienced spell caster can't tie his nature if he's not that type. A major part of the practice is using divination to see if what you're asking for is even possible. It's usually not. You can't change who a person is with magick. That's written into the doctrines of many practices. You can only get things to flow in your favor or stop random, out of character events from happening. So my take on it is that she was throwing the cheating thing out there at the last minute to get you to add time. And maybe she added the candle thing for the same reason. To get you to ask how lol. I really wouldn't worry about him cheating though. Not unless something physical actually comes up. This has happened to so many of us where a psychic got in our heads and it caused us to ruin a relationship over nothing. I think she would've seen the cheating early on and said he's a cheater, get away from him, if she really did see that. That's just my take.

Offline jas

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2018, 11:44:44 AM »
Here's a story about using a "spell" (don't know what else to call it) to catch a man:

There was a woman who had a successful career and a very full life but she had never been married nor did she have any children.  She met a man at work who was a senior manager above her and she fell for him - had to have.  They started up an affair.  He had teenage children and a wife.  One day when they were together, without him seeing, she pricked her finger and put one drop of blood in his drink.  This is a spell that is supposed to bind a man to you.  He divorced his wife and moved in with this woman.  He had alimony and child support to pay so his income was greatly reduced.  One year into the marriage he was diagnosed with some illness that put him in a wheelchair, the teenage children came to live with them and they were out of control.  So, in the end, she got what she wanted but it came with a price.  She got the man but she didn't get the life she envisioned

This was a story a psychic put out years ago - wish I could remember which one - anyway, the story makes a great point.