Author Topic: keen overcharging?  (Read 3903 times)

Offline doubleoh8

keen overcharging?
« on: September 30, 2017, 07:04:22 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Keen overcharging them for use? I had one call where they charged me twice (and I noticed). They did refund me right away... But the other day I was looking at my bank account activity and there were a whole bunch of keen charges that went through and then were reversed.

I haven't gone carefully though everything, but I also have had some inconsistency with keen sometimes sending me a receipt (via email) and sometimes not. I have recently cut way down on my calling ... I almost feel like I've woken up after a several-months long bender ... and I am nervous to know exactly how much I've spent but at the same time I want to go through everything to make sure I haven't been ripped of.

Thanks for sharing if anyone has any similar experiences.

Offline doubleoh8

Re: keen overcharging?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 08:42:51 PM »
thanks.

probably is because i use the let the call run feature. I will let you know if I find anything amiss.

Offline HornetKick

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 12:03:49 AM »
I don’t believe they overcharge, but a lot depends on you and how you enter what you want. The maximum amount via the phone in which the system will not accept is $1,000. I entered that accidentally thinking I was entering $10.

The automated system gives the increments below:
$29.99
$49.99
$69.99
$99.99

option 5 lets you enter the amount you want. If you select option 1, the call will bill you at the per min rate which is perhaps almost always going to be more.

sodapopcharm

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 09:30:24 PM »
I noticed the same thing a few weeks ago, when I contacted customer service they told me it was likely because I was opting for the “seamless pay” option. In order for the seamless pay to work, they charge your account for 10 minutes based off of your advisor’s rate. For instance if your advisor you’re speaking with is at a rate of $2.00 per minute, they’ll charge your account $20.00 and they’ll reverse that $20.00 and charge you whatever you use during your seamless pay conversation. :)
good to know