Author Topic: Backfires  (Read 2513 times)

Offline melancholia

Backfires
« on: May 23, 2014, 07:42:54 AM »
So I've been doing a lot of thinking in general lately, and some of that was about a lot of my past relationships, and I noticed a pattern...

Has anyone else noticed that when they get readings and they start to anticipate certain things happen, they start to - however slightly - try to manipulate the situation to make what they've been told happen faster/on time because it doesn't feel like it's coming on track with what they've been told?  I haven't done it so much recently because I haven't been putting nearly as much stock in my readings, but the first few years I was getting readings I was taking them very seriously (despite the fact that I've always been skeptical of the metaphysical...go figure, emotions overrule my common sense).  I'm pretty sure that I was partially responsible for destroying two of my relationships that way.

Granted, I'm pretty sure neither one was really the best thing for me - one was with someone who had a lot of emotional problems and the other was with a married man - but I definitely feel like both relationships ended prematurely and the first one (the non-married one) ended a lot more sourly than it could have, and I'm kind of thinking that it's partly because I got impatient and tried to make things happen.

Has anyone else noticed that?  That if you try to "help" the situation along, you either push it back or just cancel it out entirely instead?

Offline divine wishes

Re: Backfires
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 01:49:49 PM »
I have certainly manipulated situations in the past because of readings. I saw myself do it time and time again, and the results were the same: chaos.

It was bad enough that I was getting readings to peek into the future, but I was then trying to manipulate the present so the future could  resemble the reading, or in some cases negate the predictions made.

Offline chrys

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 02:12:21 PM »
I have certainly manipulated situations in the past because of readings. I saw myself do it time and time again, and the results were the same: chaos.

It was bad enough that I was getting readings to peek into the future, but I was then trying to manipulate the present so the future could  resemble the reading, or in some cases negate the predictions made.

I think that we are all guilty of this.  Then we blame the reader because we forced things.  Who knows if we would have forgotten about the reading maybe it would have come to fruition.

Offline Nottakingthebait

• Veterans
  • “Place your hand over your heart, can you feel it?
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 03:50:40 PM »

I am guilty and the results were horrific.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 04:16:00 PM »
I've always contended that we do with the information DOES impact predictions. In my opinion this falls under what many refer to as the dreaded "free will" umbrella, really.

Offline sagitira

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 06:31:41 PM »
i have done both...had situations where i did indeed try to manipulate things to resemble favourable outcome from many psychics...it ended up being biggest mistake and didn't end up being what i wanted...guilty of that..

on the other side i also had many predictions where it didn't quite matter to whether or not particular prediction happens, forgot about them yet still has not happened..i had a few readings over 2 years ago, recently listened to the recordings and funny i laughed when i listened to the BS i was being told...

but i do agree with the statement that trying to manipulate things or push things to achieve certain outcome always ended up being bad mistake but how are we supposed to know how things would end up if we didn't push things? we just don't know..i had small predictions happen, insignificant things to me, but many didn't happen without me interfering with anything (health, work, family - failed to manifest).

i am currently on holiday and had a face to face reading with a local reader who i read with before. she used cards and predictions from her for me happened (she doesn't do online readings and doesn't speak english so sadly i can't give out contact). this woman told me that she has a regular customer (woman) and she saw that this woman will split with her boyfriend. she told her that after they come from holiday within 2 months they will break up. the woman argued with her, got very upset and said no way i'm not letting my guy go, we will not split, i will make it work...over a year later the same lady came back to read with the reader again. the woman admitted that she did push to stay with her boyfriend and it lasted a year but roughly after 2 months their relationship turned sour and he was cheating on her didn't even care that he would get caught. eventually she left the guy after a year and admitted that she should have let the relationship go a year ago, her self esteem was totally ruined and she was in a terrible state (depression, anxiety..etc)...

i did ask her if i could change things, the reader told me she believed what was supposed to happen will happen regardless if we push things or not, we might speed up or delay things,  but if a relationship is not meant to be it's not meant to be...it depends on us how and when we are ready to accept the reality and make the best of what is in front of us...she was very blunt and said prolonging things causes unnecessary pain and suffering...easier said then done right?  :(