Author Topic: I hate it when they do this...  (Read 2930 times)

Offline bstalling

I hate it when they do this...
« on: September 03, 2013, 06:07:48 PM »
I've been listening to a few readings that I have recorded during the past year or two. I would often inquire about new guys when I would break up with the ex. Some would say that don't expect much out of him..don't push him for commitment because he isn't ready. When he calls to meet up, keep it casual and be ok with lunch dates and coffee. They implied that if I did this, he would come around.

How is that a game plan to win anything? Clearly I'm looking for a stable, even keeled relationship? Why should I accept crumbs because he isn't ready? Its like lowering my stock and letting him know that I will accept anything to be in his presence.

Granted, these readers had good psychic abilities...but gave very poor advice. This is just one good example of how a gifted reader can lead someone astray.

Offline hope4love

Re: I hate it when they do this...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 02:59:44 AM »
Yeah, I've gotten some pretty bad advice from 'well-meaning' readers.  In the end, I did what felt right for me in the situation and it was a good thing too. If I had followed the bad advice, it would have been a disaster. Ultimately, we do know deep down what the right course of action is. 

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 02:02:16 PM »
I'm just acting as devil's advocate here, but perhaps, in the long run, it was not bad advice at all!  There are several ways to achieve a result.  Clearly, prior to receiving that advice from the psychic, your desires were not being met, regardless of what you were doing, asking, demanding, saying from your loved one.  So, taking another stance, that is diametrically opposed to the one you had, simply proves that this guy will not be able to give you what you want or desire.  Simply put:  you demand; he resists.  You place no demands; he resists.  Capice?

This might indeed be a circuitous route, I'll admit, but maybe the psychic's advice placed you in a position YOU recognized your own self worth and that HE was not worth your effort - no matter what you did.
I've been listening to a few readings that I have recorded during the past year or two. I would often inquire about new guys when I would break up with the ex. Some would say that don't expect much out of him..don't push him for commitment because he isn't ready. When he calls to meet up, keep it casual and be ok with lunch dates and coffee. They implied that if I did this, he would come around.

How is that a game plan to win anything? Clearly I'm looking for a stable, even keeled relationship? Why should I accept crumbs because he isn't ready? Its like lowering my stock and letting him know that I will accept anything to be in his presence.

Granted, these readers had good psychic abilities...but gave very poor advice. This is just one good example of how a gifted reader can lead someone astray.

Offline bstalling

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 05:41:02 PM »
I'm just acting as devil's advocate here, but perhaps, in the long run, it was not bad advice at all!  There are several ways to achieve a result.  Clearly, prior to receiving that advice from the psychic, your desires were not being met, regardless of what you were doing, asking, demanding, saying from your loved one.  So, taking another stance, that is diametrically opposed to the one you had, simply proves that this guy will not be able to give you what you want or desire.  Simply put:  you demand; he resists.  You place no demands; he resists.  Capice?

This might indeed be a circuitous route, I'll admit, but maybe the psychic's advice placed you in a position YOU recognized your own self worth and that HE was not worth your effort - no matter what you did.

That is a perspective...but looking back...Nah..I'm chalking it up to bad advice. Good advice is always straight forward and clean. I've never been in a situation and "kept things casual" and it ever led anywhere. The only thing it lead to was neverending casualness. I think most of us can agree that immediately stopping something that isn't working will lead you to where you want to go faster...and without emotional trauma.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:51:11 PM by bstalling »

Offline bstalling

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 05:42:33 PM »
Yeah, I've gotten some pretty bad advice from 'well-meaning' readers.  In the end, I did what felt right for me in the situation and it was a good thing too. If I had followed the bad advice, it would have been a disaster. Ultimately, we do know deep down what the right course of action is.

Yeah.  My inner compass felt it was wrong to do that at the time. I'm glad I listened. The two guys I called about are still to this day whoring around being single.

Offline oben

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 01:32:45 AM »
I remember a while back the greatest Pilar was also giving advices like this to some of us. As a matter of the fact she was giving the same advice to everyone.

anything