Author Topic: My Story  (Read 2712 times)

Offline GLK73

My Story
« on: September 02, 2013, 02:03:38 PM »
Hi,

I rarely post on her - haven't in a long time - but I still check it regularly.  Since my divorce 7+ years ago, I have spent an insane amount on psychics - it has to be in the six figure range, believe it or not.  The thought of it makes me ill.  My favorite is Ginger on CP and I've also liked talking to LP recently.  I had two short-lived but painful relationships after my divorce and then have been in a bewildering situation with a man I have been dating, and am very attached to, the past five years.  I have had many, many readings that were wrong, predictions that didn't pass, etc. but I guess there have been some that were so eerily accurate that I have trouble totally dismissing that psychic ability isn't real - although, I seriously question it at times. 

Anyway, I had another painful relationship incident this weekend and, naturally, spend several hundred dollars talking to Ginger.  I don't know if what she sees will ever really pan out, but I have formed a bond with her and don't believe she would leave me astray by just making things up.  I believe she believes in what she sees for me and it usually ends up making sense....but once again her interpretation of the final outcome may never end up coming to fruition.

I then stumbled on a website about emotional abuse and someone recommended reading a book called "Men Who Can't Love".  I downloaded it and stayed up all night Saturday reading it.  Couldn't believe it.  It accurately described my relationship situation.  It pretty much paints that picture that I'm in a hopeless situation but relieved me from the burden of thinking it's my fault (although I did attract this into my life and have put up with it) and gave me some of my power back.  I know I have a long road ahead to let this person go and move on - or at the very minimum, set some pretty strong boundaries (which he most likely won't be able to adhere to), but I know I can't live day-to-day relying on psychics to meet the emotional needs that aren't being met in my current situation or ease my fear of the future. 

Offline GLK73

Re: My Story - part 2
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 02:06:28 PM »
Over the years I have also taken energy healing classes and have paid alot of money to have distant healings done on me.  They helped a lot but I was usually back to the same place in 2-3 days.  One thing I did stumble upon was something called Reference Point Healing.  That is also done remotely, is affordable, and seemed to make some permanent shifts within me.  I am considering learning the technique because I sincerly believe it can help people.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this in the hopes that it helps others out there struggling like I am.

Offline Zee

Re: My Story
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 07:49:56 AM »
If you have time, could you elaborate on the book: what are the characteristics from 'men who can't love?' do they lead women astray with false hopes by throwing a bone, manipulation? What are their glaring red flags?

Offline bstalling

Re: My Story
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 09:16:10 PM »
If you have time, could you elaborate on the book: what are the characteristics from 'men who can't love?' do they lead women astray with false hopes by throwing a bone, manipulation? What are their glaring red flags?

I've read the book..and basically they have deep seated emotional issues that promotes their fear of commitment. It is almost like a disease. They literally feel trapped when commitment is brought up. Most of these men do want a relationship, but have a hard time overcoming this problem. Even married men can be comitmmentphobic. He does a pretty good job of spelling out the signs so that you are not a victim to it again.

anything