Author Topic: For kickingthehabit  (Read 6419 times)

Offline bstalling

Re: For kickingthehabit
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 05:56:31 PM »
The logic that has me dismiss most psychics is that the majority of them are wrong...and you have to end up calling many of them to get someone that is accurate. When I say accurate, I mean they will give me a detailed analysis of the situation and tell me a prediction with some reasoning behind it that does actually happen. I've had only one that came close, Barbara, but she didn't see that I would eventually break up from him because the same issues were there. A lot of times, they are accurate about things I don't care about..like my car or my neighbor across the street. My point is that you can't really trust them, whether they have abilities or not. If I can't really trust them, why continue to call? I've called over 40 psychics and I didn't feel I got much out of it in the end.

I've been looking at posts created around 2011 here and it is the same story. No one right in the end in a bold, direct way. I'm just not going to spend thousands trying to locate the psychic that will actually benefit me. I would be playing myself then.

Someone in the chat room mentioned that they got married, moved to be with an ex boyfriend that she remained friends with. NO ONE saw this. Another posted that she got engaged after entering a new relationship a few months ago. Again, no one saw this.

Have all the psychics that you consulted reported the same outcome for you?  Doesn't matter if the outcome they have predicted is negative or positive - have all psychics reported the same outcome?  If not then some are accurate and some are inaccurate, isn't that right?

All of them have given me various stories about different issues that I have called about. Very few were right about anything that really mattered.  I don't need to be told a fairy tale story...I'm looking for accuracy here. If Barbara had said, yes, he will come back and propose, but that there is still a lot of junk in his backyard that will want you to break up with him. I would give her credit. Except she was half wrong. If I had taken her prediction to heart, I would be really devastated.

How they are able to offer an accurate prediction might vary.  For some it might be simple guessing, some it might be deduction, some may use logic, and then some might after all have some sort of gift.

Huh? When I am calling, I am expecting to get a real psychic that has an ability. Why would I give credit to someone that is guessing a right prediction, without providing any psychic insight or detail into why it will occur? I consider those "psychics" scammers.  I would be better off flipping a coin to get my answers.

bstalling,
I'm trying to understand the logic that drives people to dismiss all psychics in one fell swoop.

Have all the psychics that you consulted reported the same outcome for you?  Doesn't matter if the outcome they have predicted is negative or positive - have all psychics reported the same outcome?  If not then some are accurate and some are inaccurate, isn't that right?  So to say all psychics are giving "bs" is just plain wrong.  Now, don't mistake this for an endorsement of psychics because it isn't.  And laypeople could offer the same outcome as well, so don't get me wrong, I am not saying that all psychics have a gift - but it is just plain wrong to say that none of them are accurate.  How they are able to offer an accurate prediction might vary.  For some it might be simple guessing, some it might be deduction, some may use logic, and then some might after all have some sort of gift.

"My sense is that there are people that have been discouraged from participating for fear of being told they are not playing by the rules, or for fear of reprisal and the end result is a forum that is practically ded and when it is dead it will be of no use to anyone."

I think people are just over the whole psychic bs thing. No one is ever consistently right and all one has is thousands of dollars down the drain to show for it. Maybe this board needs to be dead.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 06:15:28 PM by bstalling »

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 07:45:51 PM »
I guess I need to preface this comment by saying that I have been calling psychics for a while now and while I can't report much that has transpired in the form of an outcome, there have been things that have been predicted that have manifested.  One thing predicted that did manifest was HUGE. 

The one matter that I believe I have adjusted my view on is the matter of the "future" and "free will".  I know that most of us are inclined to throw the "free will" comment on the rubbish pile as  some codswallop that fake psychics use to defend their failed predictions, but over the last year, I have come to see how this can indeed impact a reading... and it being open to believing this is a real dynamic has also explained some of the predictions might not manifest as expected. 

A lot of you might not concur with me, but I do believe that the future is NOT set in stone, and as such there is no way that a psychic can accurately predict it without knowing how each individual will react at a certain point in time.  That said, I respect the psychic that tells me "I see this or that happening, because I do not see any other energies coming into the picture at this time.  The proviso in a statement like that is this... the prediction could and likely will be impacted if there is a significant change in energy.

There are two psychics that I read with that do this for me.  It makes their readings far more valuable for me. One took the time to explain how my actions can change everything.I think a lot of people that get readings disregard that fact and think that just because they have been given a glimpse of the future, they can do whatever and that future will arrive.  I think NOT.

Offline bstalling

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 09:02:32 PM »
Well, what big thing happened in your case?

If psychics truly believe that free will overrides everything and are not using it as a cop out, then they need to stop offering their services..because that is what the majority of them claim...that they can predict the future.

Offline Nottakingthebait

• Veterans
  • “Place your hand over your heart, can you feel it?
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 01:12:16 AM »
Syn,
I loved this post, you have grown so much this past year and it shows!  I agree that no reader is 100% correct, and the outcomes usually dont play out the way we think they will either, but what is coming is coming regardless of whether or not we have a glimpse of it.  The best feeling is living life without the fear of a timeline that probably will not come to fruition, and not knowing every little thing that will happen is less stressful than knowing ahead of time....but in reality I think we can all agree that the things most of them tell us never happen anyway LOL.  I loved reading this Syn, thank you!!

After years of readings and a lot of money wasted, I would say that, yes, some readers are correct.  No reader is correct all of the time, however, so if an individual decides to continue calling psychics, they should do so objectively, knowing that they can never expect perfection.  This is not a science, nor is it a way of life.  I'm not saying I no longer call.  I do still call every now and then (now limited to 3 core readers and less frequent calls), but I do so knowing that I can't have any expectations.  I've been far too disappointed before, and it's not worth it. 

I wish everyone the best, but I simply think there isn't much to share anymore since there are been so much disappointment experienced by the former active participants here.  No one ever came back to say their "SM" returned as predicted.  Did contact happen sure?  Work stuff? You bet.  Any positive reconciliations that have been a long time in the works?  Nope. None of that.  And I guess that just has to be ok.  Either you believe in psychics or you don't.  No matter what, you have to be realistic though and accept what is shown to you by a person through their actions.

Also, my biggest recommendation to everyone would be to set timelines.  Do not spend years waiting for someone who hasn't shown you any love or respect or interest.  It's not healthy.  :)  If they come back, they'll come back.  It's best to live your life not focusing on their return, so you don't hold yourself back.

Offline Bark angel

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 12:30:28 PM »
One psychic predicted a death in my family. 
Well, what big thing happened in your case?

If psychics truly believe that free will overrides everything and are not using it as a cop out, then they need to stop offering their services..because that is what the majority of them claim...that they can predict the future.