Author Topic: Online Dating Experiences  (Read 4982 times)

Offline marybell

Re: Online Dating Experiences
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 04:50:34 PM »
Wow! $ 40.00 for 6 months of eharmony?? Do tell how you made that happen and. what do you mean by FULL membership?

Offline Zee

Re: Online Dating Experiences
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 11:58:37 PM »
Well this was about two, three years ago (probably longer like 5/6), but the point I was making is that there are coupon codes out there so you don't have to pay full price. It can take longer than six months to find anyone worth dating though. Eharmony harps about taking your time and not thinking you'll find the love of your life overnight.  What I mean by Full Membership is that you can contact the other person after paying.  Sometimes eharmony runs specials where you are allowed to look at profiles, just to get your feet wet, but you can't contact the other person until you are a member.  Stuff like that.

The one thing I found crushing about eHarmony is that someone can just block you and not talk to you and you never know why, even if the conversation was going well from the beginning. It can certainly be a blow to your self esteem and I know I'm attractive, I get approached just about every other day and I've had guys pull off on the side of the road to get my phone number, while I've been out walking the dog - so to be shut down without knowing why, is kind of hurtful.  I think too that after a few conversations guys still think they don't have a chance. IDK.

Just on Online Dating though in general, I also had a story where a male friend told me he met up with a girl from online, who failed to tell him she was eight months pregnant.  I laughed so hard because it was just too ridiculous. Who wants to date when they are pregnant? Why not wait until after your huge stomach goes down?  He also told me, as some other posters noted that he ran into a lot of crazies.  I never put too much stock into crazy comments when they come from men, because men are the ones that make women crah crah.  Nothing can mush your brain like a man can. NOTHING.

I also met up with a guy who had his highschool picture posted and he told me he didn't have any current pictures, but he mentioned he had some Italian ancestry so I thought he would be cute. But he was just far from what he picture looked  like, that no way in hell would I have been able to pick him out of a line up based on his photo.  With the technological advancements of the telephone, there should be no excuse for this in the 21st century.