Author Topic: Maybe this is a vent?  (Read 7728 times)

Offline PrettyLittleLiz

• Veterans
Maybe this is a vent?
« on: January 31, 2013, 07:45:26 PM »
I have been hesitant and lazy to post this. However, I would have appreciated older members providing updates when I was in the crux of getting readings every day. Hopefully this post will help some of you in your quest to inner peace over your respective relationships. I will preface this by saying that I hope everything works out in all of your favor and after all of this - I still believe in psychics. I just don't necessarily believe in "outcome predictions" and the ability to correctly predict romantic relationships. I have had countless predictions come to pass, which were unfortunately irrelevant to the overall relationship. That being said - as some of you may know, I've been getting readings for the last 2 years regarding an on and off relationship that has span approximately 6 years.  It has not been without its issues over the course of this time period, but our first official breakup after 2 years of a “committed” relationship took place officially 2 years ago. The same 2 years I have been relying on psychics and consequently charlatans for advice. My ex, H and I, continued to have a relationship/friendship a few months after the breakup, which turned romantic a year after we broke up. We started dating again and spending a TON of time together and I really felt like he had changed and we were headed towards a full reconciliation. During this time (this was end of 2011/beginning of 2012) I was getting readings from everyone and the readings matched this reconciliation I believed I was headed for.
In March of 2012, after dating for 4 months, I found out H had a girlfriend. Nobody had picked up on her. Not only did he have a girlfriend, but he had moved her into his house in October of the year prior. A full blown live in girlfriend the entire time I was dating him again. If you reference my posts from before – I believe I had said who had “seen” this girlfriend.
Of course, when I had a complete meltdown at him, he claimed that he didn’t love her, only moved her in for finances, had never anticipated we would get back together but didn’t want to lose me, I was his soul mate, he was going to break up with her, etc. Everything a man could possibly say to keep someone around when coming across this information.
This was in March of 2012. After all of these declarations of love, promises from him, etc, he did nothing. I didn’t see H again until the end of July, when we were both on the East Coast and met up after all this time. Again, it was the same thing as before and the promises to end the relationship with his current gf, the soul mate nonsense, and he had bumped it up a notch to now wanting to marry me and have children with me. During this time I continued getting readings, as I was being told, from the person I loved, that we were going to be together. ALL of the readers saw us reconciling in 2012. That things would finally end with my ex and his gf, she would move out, and we would be together. Forget the fact of how completely illogical I was being, I was convinced everything was going to work out.
During this time the COUPLE of readers who told me not to expect anything from my ex in regard to ending his relationship and that I should move forward were: Ness21 and Maurine36. Both readers maintained they did not see him doing anything until MAYBE sometime in 2013. Could these be lucky guesses? Sure. Did I spend thousands on every other reader telling me otherwise, which was ultimately wrong? Yes. I will mention that NorthStarJulie was excellent with predictions about 1 month or so into the future, but was incorrect with 6 months and a year out, etc. She is the only reader I call for updates regarding things now, as I really believe she is ethical and was correct with me on countless smaller predictions that only were a month or two out. Cookie got tons of things right that came to fruition WITH OTHER GUYS. She also pushed back predictions once her original timing had passed and painted a much more positive picture than what actually transpired – she also threw in a bunch of nonsense, which was in fact completely nonsense. Kisha was correct on smaller predictions, like contact, face to face, events, etc. Unfortunately, predictions for improvement and reconciliation did not come to pass. I feel that she is gifted - but my ex and I did not reconcile. That being said, she did give me timeframes which came to pass for meeting a man I am currently dating. Hatter saw the improvement that took place with my ex and I in the mid/late summer, but also thought we’d reconcile. My second reading with her (In October of 2012) she had said that his gf and him were supposed to have broken up, but now he had waited too long and a Leo man was coming in by January. I met this Leo man in the end of November and we have been together ever since. Thomas John predicted my current boyfriend’s profession, but was wrong about reconciling with the ex as well. Jenny Alton also picked up on things, but was far too positive on her predictions with my ex, which ultimately have not come to fruition as of yet. She also saw no committed relationship for my current boyfriend and I – and that was just incorrect, therefore I am inclined to believe the ex predictions were wrong as well. She is gifted and can tell you fun details like Cookie, which is entertaining. ENTERTAINING! Not life guidance or anything to set your clocks by.
If you are going to get readings, just make sure you hedge your bets on your time and life carefully. Ultimately if I had to make recommendations on who I believe is gifted I would say: Ness21, Maurine36, Aries Intuition, NorthStarJulie, and Hatter – and the only ones who have been right on outcome for me at this juncture were Ness, Maurine, Julie (said it could go either way depending on if I moved on, therefore proving nothing is set in stone), and Hatter (but also started off with much different predictions and then changed as more time unfolded).
I know some of you believe that if my ex comes forward at some point and attempts to reconcile then these psychics would have been right. Friends, my ex and I are never reconciling. After the year+ of HELL and jerking around he has put me thru, I was finally able to see this relationship and him for what he is, and accept that he isn’t willing to do what it takes to be with me. I stopped seeing things thru the convoluted guidance of most of these cold readers, or people who are actually gifted but can’t see everything and still offer predictions. I have met a wonderful man and I am giving this relationship my all. I have also learned that if someone wants to be with you – THEY ARE WITH YOU.  I don’t care what sort of excuses psychics give and I am not trying to offend anyone – these external and emotional issues are not the reason these men/women do not want to be with us. They just don’t want to make themselves uncomfortable, change their life, give up something else, or just commit. It isn’t as complicated as we have led ourselves to believe in order to feel better about it. I spent years and thousands of dollars on this man and believed we would get back together. I had everything invested in our future and it didn’t work out the way most everyone saw. It also begs the question – what are these readers picking up on? Intent? What we think will happen? I still believe in psychic gifts but I don’t believe 90% of readers mentioned on this board are gifted enough to make predictions, let alone be trusted with any of our life plans, emotions, or time.

If anyone wants to PM me about specific readers and my experiences, I am happy to help. At least I can give back to people on this board. I have made some amazing friends here and regret nothing.  The only thing I wish is that I had someone on this board two years ago who was able to tell me that I was wasting my money and time.
Love love love,

Liz

Offline allbitenobark

Re: Maybe this is a vent?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 08:39:29 PM »
I can't thank you enough for this post and your honesty. I also appreciate you taking the time to wait, take a step back, and write this review from a place of clarity and not bitterness. Although I'm sorry it was at the expense of your pocketbook, this review is valuable and I hope it will be helpful to others as it has been for me. I'm so happy for you and your new relationship. You deserve to be treated like the Goddess that you are!  :-*

jen80

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 09:06:22 PM »
Thank you for this post. I read it cried as it resonated with me, I went into a fetal position then stood up cleaned my tears and celebrated your current happiness with your new bf. I thank you for taking the time to write this. I too wish I found someone who could have warned me earlier and now thousands of dollars in the hole I will try to warn others coming into this newly. I wish you the very best with your current bf and yes give it you all. A bird at hand is better than two in the bush. I hope you are happy you deserve it. I will be praying for you and hopefully I too will find a new love and yes I will give him my all. Good luck and thank you for your generoisity in sharing your experience. Jen.

Offline PrettyLittleLiz

• Veterans
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:20:08 PM »
Thank you guys and you're so welcome. I just want to share my experiences so that I can help anyone going forward.

In November, instead of getting a reading like I normally would - I signed up for eharmony, where I met my current bf. I would encourage anyone else to do the same.

Offline sunandmoon

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 03:45:56 PM »
I have also learned that if someone wants to be with you – THEY ARE WITH YOU.

SOOOO true and it took me a long time to realize this myself.

It also begs the question – what are these readers picking up on? Intent? What we think will happen?

I honestly thing many are telling us what we want to hear. Slam me for that but it's what I believe after many thousands spent.

Congrats on your new r/s!  :)

Offline Cfisher

• Veterans
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 03:00:45 PM »
Great post PrettyLittleLiz! I'm so glad that everything has worked over for you over there! You deserve a wonderful guy who will make you happy!!! Yeah!!!

"If you do the same thing over and over, you can expect the same results." The fact that you opened up an online dating profile instead of getting a reading, shows that by changing your actions and attitude you changed your results. It's nice to hear from such a seasoned vet that there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

One thing I've learned throughout this process is that when something is so incredibly difficult, it's just not worth fighting for. And ya, I totally agree with you re: when someone wants to be with you, they just do and it's proven through actions and words consistently.

So happy for you!!!

jen80

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 06:37:08 PM »
HI guys. Am so sad today. Got my credit card bill. As I always do I kick myself every month. Thousands of dollars in the hole and for what? Please if you have not gone as deep as I have listen to this word of caution. You will spend your life savings for no result. Yes you will get contact but for what?. You go back to see when the next contact is coming?. If you are unfortunate to get in the grips of unethical readers you will be in a more serious trouble. You will call daily and be fed lies to calm your anxiety but not enough to stop you from calling. Look at the page of some readers and you will see some of us calling daily and even twice daily. Look at the feedbacks.I was one of those people. They will tell you ur special, give u appointments, tell you lies and encourage you to continue to call. Out of ten things they will give you one or two that will come true which will make you believe that they are genuine and know what they are doing.look back and think most of those things that they got right were from cold reading and guess work.if someone tells you they see you moving and with boxes around you and that happens it doesn't mean that they are right it means that they were lucky with yours as they have been telling everyone the same thing. That's why forums like this is good where others like you can compare notes. If you are looking for work and are given intitals of cities and it happens its the same scenerio. It was so funny when I saw intials given to someone on a highly rated readers page about where she was looking for a job which turned out wrong and the person had the guts to leave a bad feedback. Guess what I was given the same initials for work. I wish all I know now I knew then.your guy is coming back there will be intimacy, penetration etc  have seen people say that on here it was also said to me and my friend but in our case it didn't happen but it happened to some meaning their guesswork worked.if you don't get contact you will be asked if ýou had received a 'missed call' by an unknown number which they will tell you is your guy. There is always a 'trip' your guy will be on. He loves you and misses you, how are you sure that is what your guy is feeling? If someone loves and misses you he will try to contact you.your guy is scared but not scared enough to start another relationship and even marry someone else. some will tell you to contact the guy which opens you up to shame, ridicule. Shows the guy you are desperate and needy and he will come and get free sex and go back to his new love. The readers will once again convince you that he is running because the feelings he has for you is so strong. No contact? don't worry its because of will power and delays. Then why get a reading?. I read on a readers page where someone had spent thousands with a reader for a job situation and was even told by the reader not to bother to look for another job as she will surely get the one that she was asking about but at the end she didn't get the job and now had no money and the reader sent her a free one minute. I think the reader was faery lady. I know some of us will say that she was foolish and shouldn't have listened to the reader but we also do the same thing when it comes to love, we are told that our guys or gals will come back and we put our life on hold for years when we can go out there and take control of our lives, meet new people and start another chapter. I spent so much money that I can't believe that can happen to me but it did. I have always seen myself as a strong person but not any more anything can happen to anyone. To be scammed is easy if you are vulnerable. There are ethical accurate readers out there and when you find them hold on to them and don't go around looking for more. Read only when neccessary. Please I hope I have not offended anyone but I am just venting due to my credit card bill. Spent money with nothing to show for it but notebooks full of crap that has no meaning. Omg am so sad.

Offline hope4love

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 04:11:10 AM »
nm

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 01:46:07 AM by hope4love »

Offline skyline

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 01:30:59 AM »
Wow Liz, thanks for sharing this. An eye opening read for sure.

I will give another thumbs up for Hatter. Chatted with her awhile ago and she was spot on about my finances.

Offline PrettyLittleLiz

• Veterans
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 02:34:29 AM »
You're welcome! Still like these readers the most and have tried others since.

Offline Awesomeness

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 03:14:21 AM »
jojo hit the nail on the head with the gut feelings. TRUST YOUR GUT. You know your man better than these random people on the other end of the line or chat box! That whole, "sit back and wait for him to contact you. Play cool. Make him chase" thing doesn't work with my guy. He gets his feelings hurt and thinks I've lost interest in him. WE ARE ALL INDIVIDUALS.

Take these readings with a grain of salt and trust your instincts. If it resonates, go with it. If it doesn't let it go.

Offline skyline

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 05:01:16 PM »
That whole, "sit back and wait for him to contact you. Play cool. Make him chase" thing doesn't work with my guy. He gets his feelings hurt and thinks I've lost interest in him. WE ARE ALL INDIVIDUALS.

I was reading Lady Fontaine's facebook page and she mentioned making a guy a wait 2-3 months before revealing your feelings to give him the gratification working for what he wants and thrill of the chase.

As a guy, I tend to agree with this, but anything beyond that is head games and will probably end up hurting or pissing off your guy if he's sensitive and caring.

Offline skyline

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 05:07:29 PM »
I have also learned that if someone wants to be with you – THEY ARE WITH YOU.  I don’t care what sort of excuses psychics give and I am not trying to offend anyone – these external and emotional issues are not the reason these men/women do not want to be with us. They just don’t want to make themselves uncomfortable, change their life, give up something else, or just commit. It isn’t as complicated as we have led ourselves to believe in order to feel better about it. I spent years and thousands of dollars on this man and believed we would get back together. I had everything invested in our future and it didn’t work out the way most everyone saw. It also begs the question – what are these readers picking up on? Intent? What we think will happen?

That is a very good question and I do believe they are picking up on intent with no follow through.

As many experienced callers have observed on here, there are no 100% readers, though we still keep looking for them. There are some readers, however, who are gifted enough to make it worthwhile calling.

Offline skyline

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 05:09:39 PM »
Saw this on Lady Fontaine's facebook page:

THE TRUTH about WHY HE DOES'NT CALL.. Plus Some Tips on KEEPING HIM ENTICED!

This is one of the most common questions I am asked. The answer is simple; if the man doesn't call... he has lost interest. Don't sympathize (or believe) a man who tells you that he is busy at work, sick in bed or away on vacation. Last time I checked; they had phones at all those locations. If a man is interested - he *WILL* call.. even if it is a 30 second call to say he is thinking of you. Don't make excuses for him. If it is early in a relationship and a man has stopped calling, pick up the pieces; learn from the experience and move on. Don’t invest the energy in someone who isn’t interested in you.

Offline Zenia

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 07:21:56 PM »
Saw this on Lady Fontaine's facebook page:

THE TRUTH about WHY HE DOES'NT CALL.. Plus Some Tips on KEEPING HIM ENTICED!

This is one of the most common questions I am asked. The answer is simple; if the man doesn't call... he has lost interest. Don't sympathize (or believe) a man who tells you that he is busy at work, sick in bed or away on vacation. Last time I checked; they had phones at all those locations. If a man is interested - he *WILL* call.. even if it is a 30 second call to say he is thinking of you. Don't make excuses for him. If it is early in a relationship and a man has stopped calling, pick up the pieces; learn from the experience and move on. Don’t invest the energy in someone who isn’t interested in you.
Lots of truth in this,,but there are men(and women)that become overwhelmed and paralyzed with fear,there are blocks and inhibitions.We are all human.I can relate to this.Long personal experience with anxitey for intimacy,and long life-experince in many other ways.Life is not black and white.Life is not a magazin of Cosmo.Lady Fontaine takes it waaay to lightly.I never liked her reading either..